Home Assistant Core on Android Tablet

If anyone has issues trying to get devices to connect to the MQTT broker:

With version 2.0+ of mosquitto, its limited to just local host access. So you might be able to add MQTT to home assistant and test publish/subscribe however to have other devices (not your android device) connect to your broker (like tasmota, etc) you need do to a few more steps.

After installing mosquitto, we need to edit the config. Use the command:

nano /data/data/com.termux/files/usr/etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf

And add these too lines to the bottom of the mosquitto config file (use alt+/ to go to end of file):

listener 1883
allow_anonymous true

(use ctrl+x to start to close nano, y to yes to save edits, enter to save as same name)

listener 1883: opens the MQTT broker on AndroidDeviceIPaddress:1883 for MQTT topics.
allow_anonymous true: allows any device to connect to your MQTT broker without a username or password. I would recommend just using this for testing/getting MQTT working first.

When your ready to add security to your MQTT broker, take a look at method 2 here on how to and change the true to false.

Now with the config saved, you have to point mosquitto to that config file when starting mosquitto since Termux has a different home directory as stated in the original guide above.

So now you use the following command to start mosquitto (-d to start in background and -c to point to config file):

mosquitto -d - c /data/data/com.termux/files/usr/etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf

Since I didn’t want to type this all out when testing, I would recommend making a bash script with your mosquitto and home assistant commands. Learn more about bash scripts here

p.s. If you having trouble even installing mosquitto, you need the f-droid version of termux. The google play termux version doesn’t install mosquitto for me.

1 Like

Lineage is also an Android operating system, but you are not limited to it.

We need a terminal to run multiple scripts/executables and termux is a great option here.

1 Like

So I gave AdGuardHome a try and I have it working in Termux. One thing I haven’t found is a command to get it to start at boot along with everything else. Anyone else tried and got this working?

Do you run it with sudo? Then you need to make a delay so your android is properly startet before calling sudo.
This is needed on my device as every sudo command is denied if run before magisk/superuser is startet.

Hi i need help! Zero skills in termux, was trying to setup on my android device! During installation got an error saying
Could not build wheels for cryptography which use PEP 517 and cannot be installed directly
Can someone help me with this!

1 Like

Thanks @snotfod, that worked!

@Tejinder_Jethra, for not being able to build the wheels for cryptography you may need to downgrade to a previous version.

Anyone trying this now should note that it can be used to get you a running HA system fairly quickly but it does have limitations, require a few work-arounds and may get more difficult as time passes. At the time of this post the last version of HA core that I know works via this method is 2021.7.4. The current release is 2021.10.6. This is worth considering before you start.

@Neilson
Pynacl install gives me errors. All other dependencies installed just fine.

@Neilson Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 4.48.37 PM|679x430](upload://hs0XllQTAo2ZN02iR3R279eF664.png)

@nova-21, try out this:

Hi,
anyone know what’s wrong?
I tried these:

pip install pip==20.2.4
pip install wheel tzdata xmltodict pynacl==1.3.0 idna==2.8
pip install homeassistant==2021.7.4

but I’m getting:

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: /data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass-android/bin/python -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/tmp/pip-install-yxsv92ux/ruamel-yaml/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/tmp/pip-install-yxsv92ux/ruamel-yaml/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record /data/data/com.termux/files/usr/tmp/pip-record-ehjt3nkt/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass-android/include/site/python3.10/ruamel.yaml Check the logs for full command output.

In log I see:

ext/yaml.h:636:43: note: passing argument to parameter 'tag' here
            yaml_char_t *anchor, yaml_char_t *tag, int implicit,
                                              ^
    ext/_ruamel_yaml.c:23877:5: error: expression is not assignable
        ++Py_REFCNT(o);
        ^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ext/_ruamel_yaml.c:23879:5: error: expression is not assignable
        --Py_REFCNT(o);
        ^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ext/_ruamel_yaml.c:24050:5: error: expression is not assignable
        ++Py_REFCNT(o);
        ^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ext/_ruamel_yaml.c:24052:5: error: expression is not assignable
        --Py_REFCNT(o);
        ^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok. I’ve installed lastest version of ruamel.yaml nad installed homeassisant using this version, but there is another problem afer running hass -v:frowning:

JPEG -DHAVE_LIBZ -DPILLOW_VERSION="8.2.0" -I/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/include -I/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass-android/include -I/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass-android/include -I/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/include/python3.10 -c src/path.c -o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/path.o
    aarch64-linux-android-clang -shared -L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath=/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -fopenmp -static-openmp -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,relro,-z,now -landroid-support -L/home/builder/.termux-build/_cache/android-r23b-api-24-v1/sysroot/usr/lib -L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath=/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -fopenmp -static-openmp -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,relro,-z,now -landroid-support -L/home/builder/.termux-build/_cache/android-r23b-api-24-v1/sysroot/usr/lib build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/_imaging.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/decode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/display.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/encode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Access.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/AlphaComposite.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Bands.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/BcnDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/BitDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Blend.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/BoxBlur.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Chops.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/ColorLUT.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Convert.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/ConvertYCbCr.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Copy.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Crop.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Dib.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Draw.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Effects.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/EpsEncode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/File.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Fill.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Filter.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/FliDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Geometry.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/GetBBox.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/GifDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/GifEncode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/HexDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Histo.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Jpeg2KDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Jpeg2KEncode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/JpegDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/JpegEncode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Matrix.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/ModeFilter.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Negative.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Offset.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Pack.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/PackDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Palette.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Paste.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/PcdDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/PcxDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/PcxEncode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Point.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Quant.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/QuantHash.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/QuantHeap.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/QuantOctree.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/QuantPngQuant.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/RankFilter.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/RawDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/RawEncode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Reduce.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Resample.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/SgiRleDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Storage.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/SunRleDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/TgaRleDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/TgaRleEncode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/TiffDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/Unpack.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/UnpackYCC.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/UnsharpMask.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/XbmDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/XbmEncode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/ZipDecode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/ZipEncode.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/libImaging/codec_fd.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/map.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/outline.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/path.o -L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -L/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass-android/lib -L/system/lib -L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -ljpeg -lz -lpython3.10 -o build/lib.linux-aarch64-3.10/PIL/_imaging.cpython-310.so
    ld.lld: error: /system/lib/libdl.so is incompatible with aarch64linux
    ld.lld: error: /system/lib/libc.so is incompatible with aarch64linux
    clang-13: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    building 'PIL._imagingtk' extension
    creating build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/Tk
    aarch64-linux-android-clang -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -Wunreachable-code -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -fstack-protector-strong -O3 -fstack-protector-strong -O3 -fPIC -I/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/include -I/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass-android/include -I/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass-android/include -I/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/include/python3.10 -c src/Tk/tkImaging.c -o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/Tk/tkImaging.o
    aarch64-linux-android-clang -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -Wunreachable-code -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -fstack-protector-strong -O3 -fstack-protector-strong -O3 -fPIC -I/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/include -I/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass-android/include -I/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass-android/include -I/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/include/python3.10 -c src/_imagingtk.c -o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/_imagingtk.o
    aarch64-linux-android-clang -shared -L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath=/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -fopenmp -static-openmp -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,relro,-z,now -landroid-support -L/home/builder/.termux-build/_cache/android-r23b-api-24-v1/sysroot/usr/lib -L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath=/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -fopenmp -static-openmp -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,relro,-z,now -landroid-support -L/home/builder/.termux-build/_cache/android-r23b-api-24-v1/sysroot/usr/lib build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/Tk/tkImaging.o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/_imagingtk.o -L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -L/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass-android/lib -L/system/lib -L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -lpython3.10 -o build/lib.linux-aarch64-3.10/PIL/_imagingtk.cpython-310.so
    clang-13: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    building 'PIL._imagingmath' extension
    aarch64-linux-android-clang -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -Wunreachable-code -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -fstack-protector-strong -O3 -fstack-protector-strong -O3 -fPIC -I/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/include -I/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass-android/include -I/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass-android/include -I/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/include/python3.10 -c src/_imagingmath.c -o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/_imagingmath.o
    aarch64-linux-android-clang -shared -L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath=/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -fopenmp -static-openmp -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,relro,-z,now -landroid-support -L/home/builder/.termux-build/_cache/android-r23b-api-24-v1/sysroot/usr/lib -L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath=/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -fopenmp -static-openmp -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,relro,-z,now -landroid-support -L/home/builder/.termux-build/_cache/android-r23b-api-24-v1/sysroot/usr/lib build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/_imagingmath.o -L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -L/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass-android/lib -L/system/lib -L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -lpython3.10 -o build/lib.linux-aarch64-3.10/PIL/_imagingmath.cpython-310.so
    building 'PIL._imagingmorph' extension
    aarch64-linux-android-clang -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -Wunreachable-code -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -fstack-protector-strong -O3 -fstack-protector-strong -O3 -fPIC -I/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/include -I/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass-android/include -I/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass-android/include -I/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/include/python3.10 -c src/_imagingmorph.c -o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/_imagingmorph.o
    aarch64-linux-android-clang -shared -L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath=/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -fopenmp -static-openmp -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,relro,-z,now -landroid-support -L/home/builder/.termux-build/_cache/android-r23b-api-24-v1/sysroot/usr/lib -L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath=/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -fopenmp -static-openmp -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,relro,-z,now -landroid-support -L/home/builder/.termux-build/_cache/android-r23b-api-24-v1/sysroot/usr/lib build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.10/src/_imagingmorph.o -L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -L/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass-android/lib -L/system/lib -L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -lpython3.10 -o build/lib.linux-aarch64-3.10/PIL/_imagingmorph.cpython-310.so
    error: command '/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/bin/aarch64-linux-android-clang' failed with exit code 1

Hi! I installed HA-core 2021.9.7 on my Galaxy Core G360H with LineageOS-15.1 (Android 8.1.0).

pkg update
pkg upgrade
pkg install openssh
pkill sshd
termux-setup-storage
passwd
sshd

Now you can connect by ssh from PC.

pkg install mosquitto
pkg install nano termux-api make libjpeg-turbo nodejs
pkg install clang python libffi openssl libsodium

pip install --upgrade pip setuptools wheel cffi

SODIUM_INSTALL=system pip install pynacl

python -m venv hass
source hass/bin/activate

pip install aiohttp_cors
pip install tzdata
pip install homeassistant

hass -v

1 Like

Okay, I made it work!
If someone has simillar problem when installing Pillow on aarch64 based device - there is solution:

LDFLAGS="-L/system/lib64/" CFLAGS="-I/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/include/" pip install Pillow

Also I’m running the most recent version (2021.10.7).

Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

No matter what i do it is throwing one or many errors while installing non of the above recent procedure work for me

Following @SDimS instructions (thanks so much), I was able to install HA core on an Nexus 5 (armv7 32bit) running Lineage OS 14.1

But mobile_app and cloud integrations are disabled because Numpy installation fail for Python 3.10, and it prevent to install other packages that depends on it, showing in log “Setup failed for dependencies: cloud, mobile_app” or at least I think so…

Unfortunatelly at this moment there are no “numpy” builds for armv7 (32bit) as if there are for arm64 on python 3.10 and I don’t know if there will be them in the future.

[Releases · numpy/numpy · GitHub] Releases · numpy/numpy · GitHub

Reading releases notes on github says “The Python versions supported in this release are 3.7-3.10. If you want to compile your own version using gcc-11, you will need to use gcc-11.2+ to avoid problems.”
Maybe it would be possible to build a numpy 32bit on python 3.10 but it is out of my reach

Too i has trying to downgrade to python 3.9 on termux to install an avalible numpy for armv7 (32bit) but no succes…

1 Like

In my armv7l 32bit system “Successfully installed numpy-1.21.4” on “Python 3.10.0”

(hass) ~ $ pip install numpy
Collecting numpy
  Downloading numpy-1.21.4.zip (10.6 MB)
     |████████████████████████████████| 10.6 MB 5.1 kB/s
  Installing build dependencies ... done
  Getting requirements to build wheel ... done
    Preparing wheel metadata ... done
Building wheels for collected packages: numpy
  Building wheel for numpy (PEP 517) ... done
  Created wheel for numpy: filename=numpy-1.21.4-cp310-cp310-linux_armv7l.whl size=11923786 sha256=16856b6bb8af75bf15c0eab633d2d5e2d06436e1e990c37cec837501503047c2
  Stored in directory: /data/data/com.termux/files/home/.cache/pip/wheels/20/84/89/1ac0b39e05b3bb43964fdc23c5a934e3edf4194e9c5f671ffe
Successfully built numpy
Installing collected packages: numpy
Successfully installed numpy-1.21.4

For some reason my system can’t do it. Snapdragon 800 maybe?

any idea?

(hass) ~ $ pip install --no-cache-dir numpy
Collecting numpy
  Downloading numpy-1.21.4.zip (10.6 MB)
     |████████████████████████████████| 10.6 MB 810 kB/s
  Installing build dependencies ... done
  Getting requirements to build wheel ... done
    Preparing wheel metadata ... done
Building wheels for collected packages: numpy
  Building wheel for numpy (PEP 517) ... error
  ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
   command: /data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass/bin/python /data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass/lib                                                                                                         /python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pep517/_in_process.py build_wheel /data/data/com.termux/files/us                                                                                                         r/tmp/tmpqmn450lo
       cwd: /data/data/com.termux/files/usr/tmp/pip-install-g5l2kyby/numpy
  Complete output (827 lines):
  setup.py:63: RuntimeWarning: NumPy 1.21.4 may not yet support Python 3.10.
    warnings.warn(
  Running from numpy source directory.
  /data/data/com.termux/files/usr/tmp/pip-install-g5l2kyby/numpy/tools/cythonize.py:69: DeprecationWar                                                                                                         ning: The distutils package is deprecated and slated for removal in Python 3.12. Use setuptools or che                                                                                                         ck PEP 632 for potential alternatives

cant post all log

Finally, after run:

apt update
apt upgrade
source hass/bin/activate
pip install --upgrade homeassistant 
hass -v

20 packages and homeassistant had been updated, then at homeassistant starting numpy automatically got installed.

Now cloud and mobile_app services are set up and log only show an error relating to dhcp server:

Logger: homeassistant
Source: components/dhcp/__init__.py:279
First occurred: 08:52:12 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 08:52:12

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass/lib/python3.10/site-packages/homeassistant/components/dhcp/__init__.py", line 67, in _initialize
    await watcher.async_start()
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass/lib/python3.10/site-packages/homeassistant/components/dhcp/__init__.py", line 273, in async_start
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self._start)
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib/python3.10/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass/lib/python3.10/site-packages/homeassistant/components/dhcp/__init__.py", line 279, in _start
    from scapy import (  # pylint: disable=import-outside-toplevel,unused-import  # noqa: F401
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass/lib/python3.10/site-packages/scapy/arch/__init__.py", line 135, in <module>
    _set_conf_sockets()  # Apply config
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass/lib/python3.10/site-packages/scapy/config.py", line 618, in _set_conf_sockets
    conf.ifaces.reload()
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass/lib/python3.10/site-packages/scapy/interfaces.py", line 238, in reload
    self._reload_provs()
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass/lib/python3.10/site-packages/scapy/interfaces.py", line 234, in _reload_provs
    self._load(prov.reload(), prov)
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass/lib/python3.10/site-packages/scapy/interfaces.py", line 53, in reload
    return self.load()
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass/lib/python3.10/site-packages/scapy/arch/linux.py", line 420, in load
    get_if_raw_hwaddr(i, siocgifhwaddr=SIOCGIFHWADDR)[1]
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass/lib/python3.10/site-packages/scapy/arch/common.py", line 87, in get_if_raw_hwaddr
    get_if(iff, siocgifhwaddr)
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/hass/lib/python3.10/site-packages/scapy/arch/common.py", line 65, in get_if
    return ioctl(sck, cmd, struct.pack("16s16x", iff.encode("utf8")))
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

It did not give out any errors to you?
Did you use the whole tutorial as it is or did you use something else as well because the installation no matter how i try is not working for me. It is just bunch of errors at the best.
i am so unaware of the issue and looking desperately for a solution.

HI
I am also stuck with the same …while installing Home assistant I am getting error “Failed to build cryptography”
I tried to install cryptography , and checked but everything is ok but still no final outcome. So when cryptography was installed it gave some different error during build process…
I found that there is a error which is related with Build Process so it appears that the error is because of Build…but I don’t know how to proceed.
I tried installing it Micromax HS2 with android 7+ , Samsung Galazy On5 Pro with Android 7.01 after TWRP, and even tried it on Redmi 3s with Android 9 (wiper) with TWRP.

Pls suggest.Thanks