Home Assistant desktop app (Electron )

Hi everybody,

just a little outlook on the new feature I’m working on: Tray support

I think this is pretty handy, since you don’t have to open the app to control your smart home.
Please let me know what you think about it.

But be patient, this will take a while to be fully implemented :wink:

8 Likes

Really looking forward to this feature … thanks for your hard work!

@matthinc This is super Awesome. Amazing work!! I have a humble feature request of that sole reason that I am in no way skilled enough to create something like that myself. But if someday you felt like creating a way for some of the components to be toggled on/off from the mac Touch Bar, that would be insane!!

@bager Thats indeed a great idea! I don’t have a Touch Bar MacBook yet. Maybe you want to help testing when I implement the feature? :wink:

Of course. I’d be honoured to. Also, maybe you could test develop on this https://github.com/bikkelbroeders/TouchBarDemoApp

Don’t know if things/code is gonna be the same on that as the “real” touch bar. But in case it’s not, i’m sure up for testing and/or helping in any way I can.

1 Like

Wow, this is really nice.
I was just getting ready to start researching how to do this myself. You have saved me many hours!

Thanks a million.

levon

You had me at John Denver

Wow great work on this

Thanks @matthinc!
Works great (win10)

hass

Tray also works on Windows. I’m planning to release the new version in the next few days.
Thank you all for the nice feedback :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I finally got some time to release 1.0

You can download it here:
Github

The main features are:

• Tray support
  • New settings panel
  • Some more options in the “go” menu
  • Lots of fixes

Breaking change: I had to rewrite the whole settings-management. All your settings (url/password/…) have to be entered again. Sorry :frowning:

As always - please let me know if you find any bugs.
Enjoy :yum:

6 Likes

Works great! Thanks for putting this together for us

Could you make an option to ignore the SSL errors? My rooter hasn’t a loopback interface so the only way to access HA inside my house is with local IP and of course all the SSL warnings
Thank you!

Seems to be working beautifully so far, fantastic job :grinning:

The windows version is 64 bit only. Do you have a 32 bit version? Or alternatively, some instructions to build from source?

Edit:
I have found out that I can change the build script in package.json to --win and run

npm run-script build

I can get a 0.5.1 installer application for windows. Is this actually 1.0 by a different name?

Thank you for the suggestion! Will fix this in the next build

Sorry, my fault :see_no_evil:

I forgot to increase the version number in package.json. This is now fixed.
But you should have 1.0, only the name was wrong.

Awesome work dude. This definitely needs to become an official thing.

Edit: I was just thinking, is there any way that this might be made into a standalone app that you could run on a Pi without anything else, I’ve seen some apps like that and I thinking this might be a cool way of building an all-in-one screen for Home Assistant.

Thanks. I pulled the updated file and rebuilt. All looks good now :grinning:

Any chance ?

Many tablets have 32bit versions of windows 10