Home Assistant for iOS 2.0 Beta Testing

When using siri calls this works fine but siri replies with an error: “home assistant app objectmapper failed to serialize response” more people seeing this?

1 Like

Hi, not really. I only wished to be sure of the issue.
The notify.mobile_app_XXYYZZ is there, but on using it I get Requested entity was not found.
As for others (reported on Discord channel), the Push_ID is changing, and maybe this blocks the notifications.
From the V2.0 docs it seems so easy that I cannot think to other issues.

1 Like

Exactly same here: works fine but replies with the same error.

I am forever held at the ‘Authentication’ page, after entering correct credentials. Not sure if this is an issue to be raised on Github?

1 Like

@robmarkcole if I read the above correctly it’s known to @robbiet480 but he went for some well deserved R&R :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, the objectmapper error in siri shortcuts has been an issue since b40, i reported it 3 weeks ago here: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-iOS/issues/268 . Pretty sure everyone is getting that, so nothing to worry about on your end. Since it does actually work despite the error, it’s understandably a lower priority compared to some truly broken things :slight_smile:

I can’t make the Beacons work for location updates. I get notifications from the app when entering a beacon zone, but the device_tracker is not updated with it, only through GPS.

My latest update to the beta app has the app getting stuck at sensors configured.

@CoMPaTech, @fillwe If your stuck at the loading screen. Make sure you have the mobile_app: configured in your configuration. After that i was able to get past the first screen. After that i was able to login correctly.

3 Likes

I have mobile_app enabled and now I get this after login…

1 Like

The new app looks slick with the onboard status pages.

I’m using my own nginx proxy for external access.

When I configure the app for the first time while outside my home network and enter my external address (https://host.duckdns.org) it configured fine and connects.

But as soon as I try to configure an internal address on the Internal field (http:hass.lan.local:8123) it throws and error 400 and won’t save my internal address. I have defined my SSIDs.

This is how I have the old app configured and it’s worked fine.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

For some reason the app doesn’t detect my HASS setup automatically. I enter my IP manually(http://hassio.local:8123) and it connects fine however it defaults that IP address to the external URL and then i cannot change my internal/external URL.

Im using an iPhone XS connected to my wifi. Obviously when im not on wifi it doesnt work at all because the external URL is set to a local IP.

Do you still have iOS: or iOS device integrations setup?

I am stuck at creating sensors page.

I deleted the app and under integrations removed the mobile app entries, also removed what looked like some weird and duplicate entries in the known devices yaml. I then restarted HA and installed latest version of app and now I’m back in business. I had multiple mobile app entries with the same name in the integration for some reason and removed them all. A new one was automatically created.

1 Like

Thanks Rob for the great app!
I just upgraded to b43 from b40 and everything worked flawlessly. however, stupid me I noticed multiple entries in the known devices. So I butchered this whole thing when i uninstalled the app and installed it again thinking that it would solve this somehow. I can’t get notifications to work anymore. I tried deleting the devices in integrations and deleting what’s inside ios.conf and rebooted countless number of times without any luck.
Everything else works except for the notifications and location tracking.
I can see the battery status and level under integrations. but when i try to call the
notify.mobile_app_XXXX service, i don’t get any notifications and i get this in HA log:
Requested entity was not found.

I currently have just the mobile_app: configured, i got rid of the ios one.
I appreciate any help I can get.

still have ios: too.

Am I overlooking something. See an orange wheel in the right corner at boot. But cannot press it and it doesn’t com back until I reboot the app. So I cannot enter the settings. iPhone is version X

Build 40 here. WatchApp just keeps spinning here too, is not installed onto Watch.

I think it’s the same settings, that are also available here:

1 Like

I did the exact same thing! And have, it seems, the exact same problem.

In your services tab, do you have the notify.mobile_app_XXXX available? I do not. Though it is still configured (or should be; it’s in the config -file), I can only see a notify.mobile in services, not notify.mobile_app_myfancydevice. I expect I would get the same error message that you do, if I’d call notify.mobile_app_myfancydevice since it, indeed, does exist as a service.

@eximo84 Don’t know if this helps, but…
I was stuck first at the integrations: had to enable remote ui in HA). Then at sensors page: wouldn’t allow me to permit location tracking; had to exit iOS HA -app, go into normal settings, allow location tracking, and return to HA Companion – only then could I enable location from within the iOS HA -app, too.