Home Assistant for iOS 2.0 Beta Testing

Should be fixed once iOS app is fully using mobile_app.

Investigating 2FA issues later tonight.

Actions send an event to the event bus with details of the sending device and the action tapped. I believe @olbjan’s YAML above has examples of catching these events and building automations against them.

Having @jjlawren look at your first problem.

As for the SSID, no, that is not possible. Apple doesn’t provide any way to notify let alone wake the app up upon SSID change.

Doesn’t need to be all caps, its entirely freeform.

Hey @jwelter, iBeacon exits were intentionally ignored after some lengthy discussions on Discord. The consensus was that zone arrivals were very reliable with iBeacons, but there were far too many false positives for exits. As of today it will fall back to GPS for reliable exits.

I’m sure there’s a better (and more complex) way to utilize iBeacon exits more effectively, but this was the pragmatic solution.

On top of this, there are heated discussions in the architecture repo on how to improve device_trackers and the new person component which we should let settle down before making significant changes to add clever tracking logic.

1 Like

What MFA module are you using?

What MFA module are you using?

I have created a few actions as a test, it seems I can’t remove them from the watch?
Any idea on how to do this?

Hi @jjlawren

We had this discussion in the issue tracker for the iOS app :wink:

iBeacons work really well if you have enough coverage. That means typically overlap all areas of your house with them. I have zero issues with enter/exit detection with beacons on the old 1.5.0 b32 app or on OwnTracks.

Where it is a pain is if you have spotty coverage and can loose contact while inside your house. Then we have the same issue as with MAC address detection on the router side when a iDevice sleeps. We need some sort of “consider_away” timeout to see if it comes back inside that window before assuming an exit.

But again, with good coverage this is not an issue. I have NEVER had my iPhone miss an enter/exit using ibeacons and own tracks. And under b32 it was the same.

Would it be possible to at have it in the GUI config in the iOS app and if you have turned on ibeacon for zone exit you actually get that functionality?

For me there are many ways to get proper coming home detection; MAC address works well. The difficult one is leaving; which ibeacons did with proper coverage.

Just FYI, I have opened a ticket with Nabu Casa about an SSL issue when you restart Home Assistant.

Basically, any existing Cloudhook connections are broken and cannot be reestablished without reconnecting to https://remote.nabucasa.com.

This can easily be reproduced in Chrome on iOS by connecting via the Cloudhook URL and while connected, restart the HA instance. The connection cannot be refreshed or reestablished using the Cloudhook URL until you go back to https://remote.nabucasa.com.

I mention this because this also breaks this app as well. Badly, since the only way to fix it once you restart HA is to drop out of the app and into a browser, connect to nabucasa to reestablish the connection, then hop back into the app and revalidate.

EDIT: Update on this. As it turns out, the issue was that I rebuilt my HA instance and forgot to turn the Remote Control toggle back on in the Integrations page. Strangely, even though it was turned off, you can still connect successfully.

Just the 2fa activated from the frontend of Home assistant with the Microsoft Authenticator app. But it ses to work now. Only watch not working. Can make an Action and it does apear on the watch as a button but but don’t know how to lijk a real Action at the server side. No docs yet. Also No clue how to show a sensor value on the watch.

Does actionable notifications with local attachments work with the Nabu remote connection? Or is this something that is been worked on?

I deleted the app from the watch and reinstalled and the additional actions are now gone…
I still have an issue though, on the watch, the states(“xxx”) is not replaced with its value:

Any ideas?

For me, it also works fine on the release version, just not on the beta.

This is in an iPhone 7, iOS 12.1.2.

I was trying to set up a iOS Shortcut to fire an event (goal was to fire an event to then send a notification with a image snapshot). this is what I get though - not sure if I’m doing something wrong with the shortcut, I’m able to do the get picture one where it saves to the camera roll.

No matter what I try, I can’t get the “actions” to show in a actionable notification. (in the app - the notifications show, but no “actions”) Could this be because of a known problem with this version? I’ve been using the example from olbjans examples in the beginning of this thread verbatim, but still no go. Any pointers?

Did you go into settings -> notification options -> and import push settings from server?

-Jan

Just an FYI as we ran into this on discord:

The iOS app can have issues rendering custom lovelace cards, especially the combination of simple-thermostat and card-modder on iOS versions prior to 12.2

So if you have this issue, please check if your phone requires an update.
-Jan

I have a question for the Apple Watch. I have updated my watch and now the icon of notifications on my watch is no longer black). It did work before so I am pretty sure it is possible to have a black icon on the watch (I mean notifications ofc).

WatchOS I have is a beta version though. It only occured after updating WatchOS.

Is there a way to force an icon change on the apple watch?