Home Assistant - New Zealand

Refused because it’s commercially sensitive (it’s not) and it would overload the server (it wouldn’t).

Sounds like we just got blown off then

Hi Everyone, is there anyone in Chch that can help me ? Specifically I am in Lincoln, HA beginner, experienced in networking and software development, just need a guiding hand / consultant to speed up for a commercial install I am doing myself for multiple properties. Are there any companies in Chch that install HA and support it ?

Hey Matt, not in Chch but Dirty Aucks, happy to help out where I can remotely if required. Happy to have a chat to disuss your requirements. FYI, I’m not a commercial agent, thought of doing it though but Spark IoT pay better :wink:
Anyway, give me a bell, happy to help out.

In Chch, but not a professional at ha. Will help if I can.

HI all!
I need a bit of help with the energy dashboard and cost entities…
Not sure if I’m chasing rainbows but I keep heading down rabbit holes when trying to add in approx cost for the historic statistic data pulled in by the meridian energy integration (well - hacked for powershop anyway - same company).

The statistics pulled in are tagged as external (using the colon delimiter) - which means the dashboard will only allow an entity tracking total costs.
Is there any way of adding in current cost per kWh when inserting the historic data?
Or will I have to head down the route of not using the energy dashboard for displaying approx cost and set up my own?

Apprec any info…thanks.

(my current HA setup - intel NUC, z-station for z-wave/zigbee/matter, WIZ downlights, tuya switches/powerpoints, apollo and aqara sensors)

Hey guys. Also new here. Had set up a few things but nothing major yet. Really hope that can implement Contact Energy Electricity usage however the HACS integration doesn’t seem to work anymore

I would highly reccomend the glow project from ESP Home. A small micro controller with IR receiver that sits in front of your electricity revenue meter KW/1000 pulse light.

Thanks Don, that looks promising. Is it something that anyone without any experience in wiring can do?

It is possible to do this using “Dupont wires”, but It would be best to get some hookup wire and a cheap soldering iron, if you dont already have one. Jaycer Electronics will have what you need.
There are links to the parts required on the Home-assistant Glow Git Hub. You will need to print a case also, or get someone to do this for you. Once you have completed this, you will be able to take on a whole variety of projects like Gas bottle scales, or refuse reminder lights with reset button, etc. Its very empowering and all local, secure and inexpensive.

In Chch our public libraries do 3d printing at cheap rates. Just email them the file, and wait for the message to pick it up. Dunno if other libraries do this.

Anyone have a scraper/hacs for trademe? wondering if we could have a trademe integration that queries the trademe api Get Started - Developer API Reference
I can imagine automatons that announce/remind me when an auction is closing etc

1 Like

Another option (which I have) is to put (need an electrician) a Shelly EM in your fuse box and clamp the main power feed. Then you have real-time power usage.
Shelly EM + 120A Clamp - All products - Shop - Shelly

1 Like

It’s a rest API, so already supported.

Yep - second this. Works very well.

Do you have an example of how to implement this. Could you share a yaml code snippet without your auth details?

Anyone have use for an integration to compare energy bills across providers?

Have just looked at switching but there doesn’t seem to be anything out there that considers peak/non-peak times. Would be able to pull that from home assistant pretty easily, but I guess would have to scrape the plans from the different providers.

1 Like

I’d love this as well. When I lived in England there were website galore and services to get the best rates, here I am a bit lost TBH so this would be epic!

This would be great, I’ve used spreadsheets in the past but had to manually calculate the KWh peak/off peak for each provider as there are so many different options.

Try powerswitch.co.nz

1 Like