Home Assistant OS Release 8

I use the Conbee 2 with ZHA. Since the update, only the battery devices work. Lamps and sockets are no longer available. Haven’t found a solution yet. The port has probably changed from USB0 to ACM0.

I’m echoing similar problems in here. I have a Conbee II that I use with deCONZ. I can access the devices through the Phoscon interface in deCONZ to check sensors and turn switches on/off, but it isn’t communicating with HA. Everything from that on my dashboards just say “unavailable.”

Error connecting to deCONZ gateway at 172.30.33.4

10:42:41 PM – (ERROR) deCONZ - message first occurred at 3:48:05 PM and shows up 315 times

Config entry ‘00212E08411A’ for deconz integration not ready yet; Retrying in background

3:48:05 PM – (WARNING) config_entries.py

Apart from this, it seems like the options to restart HASSIO without restarting the host are missing? I only have the option to restart the host inside Settings > System > Hardware. I couldn’t find the ‘restart supervisor, restart hassio…’ that existed before, arey the hidden somewhere?

Read the 2022.5 release announcement.

change the GW Ip address to correct one in core.config_entries file.

cd /config/.storage
vi core.config_entries

and then find and replace deconz host ip with correct one, save & exit. This fixed the issue for me.

1 Like

I can’t find a gateway IP in config_entries.
There is only a device path. But it’s the same path like in the hardware settings. So, I don’t know what to change.

What does your Phoscon interface look like ?
Is it messed up mike mine was ? => Home Assistant OS Release 8 - #17 by JeromeO (Raspbee instead of ConBee II and all)
What does your Deconz add-on config look like at https://[yourhost].duckdns.org:8123/hassio/addon/core_deconz/config ?

The user-friendly way to edit those files is to install the Studio Code Server add-on then change its settings to remove a pattern in the Files: Exclude list.

2 Likes

so OS8 completely borked my PI install. I did a fresh install, booted fine, then restored a full backup from google drive, and it rebooted, everything is fine, and then rebooted again, it has never rebooted successfully since. i don’t even know where to start trouble shooting.

Is there a way to do a fresh install with os7?

Here on the Rpi4 8Gb boot SSD everything works as expected without a problem on OS8

Thank you! This made it easy to do

figured this one out. The Insteon hub ip address is dynamic, so at upgrade the IP address changed. Once I reconfigured, it worked itself out. Strangely, I don’t have to keep updating the IP address after first config.

After initially having the same issue with my Conbee II USB zigbee dongle on the day OS8 was released a simple full power off and restart resolved the issue, however I had to restart the host again today and now I cannot get ZHA to connect to the dongle no matter how many times I do a full power cycle.

Device is showing under All Hardware, and the names match.

Keep getting the following error:

Logger: homeassistant.components.zha.core.gateway
Source: components/zha/core/gateway.py:182
Integration: Zigbee Home Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 8:24:58 pm (19 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:45:54 pm

Couldn't start deCONZ = dresden elektronik deCONZ protocol: ConBee I/II, RaspBee I/II coordinator
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 322, in open
    self.fd = os.open(self.portstr, os.O_RDWR | os.O_NOCTTY | os.O_NONBLOCK)
OSError: [Errno 5] I/O error: '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2469004-if00'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 182, in async_initialize
    self.application_controller = await app_controller_cls.new(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 69, in new
    await app.startup(auto_form)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py", line 83, in startup
    await self._api.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py", line 254, in connect
    self._uart = await zigpy_deconz.uart.connect(self._config, self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/uart.py", line 142, in connect
    _, protocol = await serial_asyncio.create_serial_connection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/serial_asyncio/__init__.py", line 448, in create_serial_connection
    serial_instance = serial.serial_for_url(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/serial/__init__.py", line 90, in serial_for_url
    instance.open()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 325, in open
    raise SerialException(msg.errno, "could not open port {}: {}".format(self._port, msg))
serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 5] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2469004-if00: [Errno 5] I/O error: '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2469004-if00'

Wooow it scares me that so many people are reporting severe issues after installing this upgrade. I am using a Raspberry 3B with zigbee2mqtt and ZZH stick. Can someone confirm that this upgrade is safe on that device.

Hard to say as it is going to depend on your other hardware like ZigBee / Z-Wave stick etc.

Based on the data here, there are currently over 23,320 people running HA OS version 8.

Make a backup, save it external to your RPi and give it a try…

For anyone following this thread and worried about upgrading to 8.0 (I’m still on 7.6) - it looks like a fix will be included in 8.1 for the boot problems: HA 8.0 fails to boot (incorrect compressed chunk) · Issue #1912 · home-assistant/operating-system · GitHub

1 Like

If you are using RaspBee II with a Raspberry Pi 3, make sure that you edit config.txt and remove any pi3- prefix from the overlay, e.g.

dtoverlay=miniuart-bt-overlay
enable_uart=1

Or if you don’t use Bluetooth, disable it entirly

dtoverlay=disable-bt-overlay
enable_uart=1

It seems that the Raspberry Pi team deprecated these overlays a while ago. See also Zigbee Home Automation - RaspBee II doesn't work after HA OS 8.0 upgrade · Issue #71950 · home-assistant/core · GitHub.

UPDATE 2:
Everything is working again after installing 8.1!

UPDATE: after connecting a monitor to my T620 it started to boot normally. HomeAssistant OS V8 is correctly installed and running fine. But when the monitor is disconnected it immediately fails to boot. `tried several times. Fiddled with some BIOS settings, but no luck. I’ll stick with the attached monitor for now and hope for the best when v8.1 is released.

I can confirm that upgrading 7.6 to 8.0 on proxmox went quite smoothly. Even de conbee2 stick git reattached without any manual intervention, but I’m using zigbee2mqtt since i had numerous issues with deconz on a vm - I don’t want to mention that z2m recognizes more devices tho but that’s a nice “side-effect”
On the other hand, upgrading to core 2022.5 (from 2022.3), which I did right after, took forever - was almost thinking something went wrong. But it just took forever.

OS 8.1 , Just installed ( think it was a “Beta” ), no apparent issues , thou for me neither before
Not sure now that it was (beta) :slight_smile:

Q: is there a specific “Beta” Chanel/Topic in the Forum, or how does it work ?, if any issues/concerns/thoughts, and in specific if help needed to interpret/understand the OS log ?