Home Assistant OS Release 8

8.1 shows as released on the website, not beta. Still not showing in my UI as available (and I do see betas).

Yes i noticed that also, thatā€™s why i noted that in Edit: ), thou i saw something, when i clicked the update (in regards to ā€œbetaā€) , maybe because iā€™ve just signed up for ā€œbetaā€ :slight_smile: ā€¦ and have no idea how it worksā€¦ yetā€¦

Anyway as i donā€™t have the integrations, Devices(USB attached) that seems to have issues, i still donā€™t have any issues, with this update :slight_smile:

You will easily see on the updates the difference between the betas and the release via the release numbers. The OS will us RC in the numbering. I.e 8.0 rc1 the core will have a b in the number.

1 Like

ok, thanks , i was a turn into Github, so see whether i could get wiser in regards to the OS -releases etc. :slight_smile:
ā€¦ and this update didnā€™t address anything i have encountered , thou im still not ā€œfamiliarā€ with certain repeated entries in the OS log, but not sure for how long they have been there, or whether itā€™s common for my VMware-image ( on my particular Board ) ( MSI GE 60 )
I.E

[    1.574749] pci 0000:00:16.4: BAR 7: no space for [io  size 0x1000]
[    1.576574] pci 0000:00:16.4: BAR 7: failed to assign [io  size 0x1000]

Not sure which port/device is ā€œinvolvedā€ here, i donā€™t have any obvious issues, but maybe related to a VMware installation.

And this ( just a little annoying ) :slight_smile: , as the repeatedly adds to the log, after boot-up finnished (every minute or so)

[ 7507.471620] systemd-journald[114]: Time jumped backwards, rotating.
[ 7567.475824] systemd-journald[114]: Time jumped backwards, rotating.
[ 7627.477520] systemd-journald[114]: Time jumped backwards, rotating.

i Would feel more ā€œcomfortableā€ if it was Less, as it seems like alot redundant info to fill the log with :slight_smile:

Upgrade to 8.1 for QEMU/KVMā€¦havenā€™t found any particular problem :slight_smile:

hmmm, apparently there was something ( in the update-notes ) about this being a ā€œBetaā€ Release, i just saw another post, where this is mentioned , so i checked my system health

It is motioned in the Release Notes.

ā„¹ļø This release is currently on the beta channel! ā„¹ļø

Yes , i did saw it, but as i ā€œclickedā€ update i was unsure what i actually saw ( you could call it "total lack of short memory ) :slight_smile: ā€¦ but i actually did join Beta, the other day, but the guy in above post, did not

1 Like

Iā€™m also NOt on beta channel and I did get prompt to update to 8.1

ok, but most likely they ā€œpushedā€ this one out, for the people who have issues with boot and total loss of certain ā€œhardware/ports/devicesā€, if you havenā€™t had any issues with 8.0, it should be safe to ā€œincludeā€ 8.1, or wait for 8.2

Host Operating System Home Assistant OS 8.1 no beta mentioned on mine.

Ok, maybe the ā€œUpdate Channelā€ just indicates that i Joined ā€œBeta Channelā€ , i guess iā€™ll find out eventually, maybe waiting with 8.2, until that is a ā€œstableā€ version, and see whether ā€œUpdate Channelā€ change :slight_smile:

Looks like 8.1 has been bumped (rushed?) to stable without adjusting all release notesā€¦

Seen it too
I got a notification for 8.1 upgrade but

And Iā€™m not subscribed on the beta!

Zigbee not working after 8.1 upgrade

Logger: zigpy_znp.zigbee.application
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py:1080
First occurred: 17:17:05 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:21:53

Failed to reconnect
Traceback (most recent call last):
File ā€œ/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/api.pyā€, line 847, in request
response = await response_future
asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File ā€œ/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.pyā€, line 1075, in _reconnect
await self._startup()
File ā€œ/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.pyā€, line 318, in _startup
await self.permit(time_s=0)
File ā€œ/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.pyā€, line 517, in permit
response = await self._znp.request_callback_rsp(
File ā€œ/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/api.pyā€, line 886, in request_callback_rsp
await self.request(request, **response_params)
File ā€œ/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/api.pyā€, line 847, in request
response = await response_future
File ā€œ/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/async_timeout/init.pyā€, line 129, in aexit
self._do_exit(exc_type)
File ā€œ/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/async_timeout/init.pyā€, line 212, in _do_exit
raise asyncio.TimeoutError
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError

Logger: homeassistant
Source: /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/runner.py:96
First occurred: 17:21:53 (2 occurrences)

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/api.py", line 886, in request_callback_rsp
    await self.request(request, **response_params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/api.py", line 842, in request
    self._uart.send(frame)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'send'
Logger: homeassistant
Source: components/zha/core/channels/base.py:448
First occurred: 17:17:05 (2 occurrences)

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/light.py", line 522, in _refresh
    await self.async_get_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/light.py", line 490, in async_get_state
    results = await self._color_channel.get_attributes(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/channels/base.py", line 448, in _get_attributes
    read, _ = await self.cluster.read_attributes(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/zcl/__init__.py", line 441, in read_attributes
    result = await self.read_attributes_raw(to_read, manufacturer=manufacturer)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 293, in request
    radio_result, msg = await self._application.request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py", line 439, in request
    return await self._send_request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py", line 1401, in _send_request
    response = await self._send_request_raw(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py", line 1287, in _send_request_raw
    self._znp.request_callback_rsp(
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'request_callback_rsp'

Iā€˜ve just updated without any issues from 7.6 to 8.1 on a HP ProDesk 600

Hi all. I previously updated to HAOS 8.0 without any issues. Just went to 8.1 and now it doesnā€™t boot at all. Iā€™m not on the beta channel. RaspberryPi 4 4gb with everything on an external SSD. Tried unplugging the power several times but doesnā€™t seem to boot at all.

Iā€™ll try to troubleshoot further tomorrow.

Came back up after having it powered off for the night. Weirdly enough it shows being on OS 8.0 still.

I believe after so many restarts without a successful boot HA will try and restore the last successful boot.

Also having issues here, Iā€™m getting an upgrade prompt to 8.1, however when I try to install it the system wonā€™t boot, manually picking ā€œslot Aā€ instead of ā€œslot Bā€ at boot gets me back up and running, but on 8.0

Iā€™m thinking 8.1 has some issuesā€¦