Home Assistant OS Release 8

I had noted this on a separate thread, but my Raspbery Pi 3 Version B would not boot version 8.1. No green status light flashes, no video output. I reflashed version 8.0 and it booted. A reflashed 8.1, no boot. Reflashed 8.0 and it booted.

-Eric

1 Like

Now on 8.1 and the front usb-s on my NUC wont work anymore. I can only use the backside onesā€¦ WHICH SUX! i now have 2 less usbs. And usb hubs wont work either
BOXNUC7I3BNH

x86 installation on a Dell Micro Optiplex.

After installing 8.1 initiating a reboot from HA the system wonā€™t boot, it just hangs.
Power down and eventually itā€™ll boot after what seems an eternity.

Hopefully the next update sorts this otherwise Iā€™ll have to go back a version or two as I seem to have lost the QNAP resource module now.

@JeromeO @zagnuts @smarthomelawyer @Insearchofth1ngs @vynsane @bobloadmire @Tuomas did you get your issues resolved?

Iā€™m running fine on 8.0. Think Iā€™ll try updating again during the weekend.

Yes, I stayed on Home Assistant OS 8.0 eventually and was able to flash my Conbee II stick on Windows to have it back up and running on HA.
Iā€™m still not sure what caused the mess with my stick, the upgrade from HA OS 7.x to 8.0 and/or the update of the Deconz add-on that I triggered on the same day :thinking:
Iā€™m staying away from HA OS 8.1 for now, too scared to break something else :laughing:

1 Like

Home Assistant OS 8.1 64 bit fails to boot on CM4 with PCIE connected NVME drive.
Just a black screen and M.2 LED flashes.

32bit version boots ok.

i upgraded from I think 7.6 to 8.1 this morning. And now nothing works any more. I have x86 vim hosted with virt manager. For the initial installation I used the official container for Virt manager so I guess there is a real problem below this.

After a host restart HAOS came back. Now Iā€™m super confused. Maybe the VM used an updated kernel module and I hadnā€™t restarted the host after updating that module.

I have a Odroid XU4. It looks like one of the USB ports have stopped working after upgrading to OS 8. I have upgraded tot 8.1 meanwhile, but unfortunately without success.

7.6 ā†’ 8.1 upgraded fine for me on a RPI 8gb. Did two full hardware reboots to be safe

Upgrading to core-2022.6.4 fixed the issue. Interesting, because the release notes do not seem to mention anything relatedā€¦

Coming back to this, I did have a day of teething problems but also updated 2022.5 ā†’ 2022.6 the same day.

After several hard reboots and changing the default wifi reconnect tries it seems stable again :+1:

Still after 8.2 not loading zha using Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle.

ha os update --version 8.0 will do the job

Not that it helps you, but my son off ZigBee has worked on all 8.0 releases. Other issues but no issues with ZigBee. I can check firmware version when I get home if you want to compare.

Hi,
Since update (last night) the integration London Underground no longer works

Regards,

M

Nevermind. Deactivated the zha-integration and activeted afterwards. And some host reboots laterā€¦
It seems to work now

I had no problem whatsoever with version 8 until I updated to 8.2, after that my intel NUC (BKNUC8CCHKR2) would no longer boot. It couldnā€™t find anything to boot.

Long story short, used an old SSD with an USB adapter to live boot linux mint, copied my last backup elsewhere and then re-installed 8.2 from scratch (wrote the latest home assistant image to the on-board emmc) and restored the backup again. Although the whole thing was annoying and cost me a few hours, I was surprised to see how well the update restore works.

And the more I think about it, the issue must have been with the update/upgrade because otherwise the fresh 8.2 install wouldnā€™t have run eitherā€¦

last night is not a version. Nor do you provide logs.

Just to give an update. Just upgraded to 8.2 and everything went smoothly!

this might be a more generic question, but running HAOS in dev nightlyā€™s in a Virtual box, I have a perfect instance, which cant update however, because the partition (10GB) is fully used.

Donā€™t understand with what exactly, but it seems I need the resize that partition.

How can I proceed doing that? Didnt find any related option in the Instance itself, so take it is is an OS option?

thanks for having a look!