Home Assistant Yellow

@scator and @wout_PN are you using the external antenna?

@nickrout what external antenna? Didn’t know it is an option

Then read this thread, I only heard about it in this thread.

@nickrout if you mean CM4 external antenna, I don’t think you can use it for zigbee

Y’know I think I was confused over the antenna.

The pics on crowd supply some some headers near the zigbee chip, maybe worth investigating.

2 Likes

See Home Assistant Yellow - builtin ZigBee - #7 by FloatingBoater

Has anyone designed a wall mount option yet?

When will this thing be available? 2055?

1 Like

@sygys I believe that is the best estimate so far

1 Like

I see that there is an antenna plug next to the zigbee radio, I will try connecting an external one to this

No, I was looking at the picture of the board, when I checked my board it has no plug :frowning:

But perhaps a place to solder one?

Yes could be an option, however I just fried my Sonoff panel when soldering on leads

1 Like

Hi. I bought a 1 TB Samsung 980, I plugged in but now my Home Assistant Yellow wont boot it seems, I never see it on the network, so I took out the SSD expecting it to boot as normal, but no, still not appearing. So now I don’t know if I have a Yellow issue or not.

Now trying to work out how I can troubleshoot this, if anyone has any pointers?

ah, I have just had a look, and gave the heatsink a push and I suspect the CM might have come loose, really hoping, if it comes back I’ll try the SSD again!

1 Like

and SSD now working as my data drive, so that was painless in the end once I sussed I hadn’t actually killed my Yellow!

To confirm, this is the drive I installed: Amazon.co.uk

1 Like

do you know if this is working now?

I have never bought the Homatic module so no idea

https://wiki.fhem.de/wiki/Datei:Hm-uart_trx1.png; should fit ;).

I just tried : Identifying Homematic RF-Hardware: …HmRF: HM-MOD-RPI-PCB/[email protected], HmIP: n/a, OK
Updating Homematic RF-Hardware: HM-MOD-RPI-PCB: 1.2.1=>2.8.6, OK.

2 Likes

Has anyone got Yellow from this new batch?