Home Assistant Yellow

This text for me is also there. But I remember this to be there for as long as I have the order standing out.

Yes, I love mine, works really well. The only issue was a very low range for the zigbee radio so I am using my sonoff zigbee stick! Gets quite hot though 53 deg c normal and 65 when flashing esps

My Yellow is now on its way. I just got a sms from FedEx that I should do the customs clearance for it.

However in the Crowd Supply web page it says that it should already be done (I live in EU):

“Crowd Supply prepays VAT and pre-clears customs for most packages shipped to all EU countries, the UK, Switzerland, Australia, and New Zealand. This means the package is delivered directly to the backer’s door without the need for them to deal with a customs house.”

I sent email to Crowd Supply but I think they’ll answer with 1-2 days delay. FedEx is asking for senders IOSS number. Does anyone have that IOSS number to share? I’ve understood that it is the same for all shipments.

I got a fedex text which looked like fishing to me. But now I also got an email from crowdsupply. But my text says I can change my delivery date. Nothing about customs.
I live in NL but cant imagine it is different in other EU countries.

I received my HA Yellow today via FEDEX, but it has arrvied broken !
The heatsink clip nearest the ports is faulty & won’t hold in place … just keeps popping open.

i’ve tweeted to home assistant & raised an issue on crowd supply, so hopefully someone can help me.
Also put photos on FB … Redirecting...

Do these have bluetooth built in?
Since HA released the integration I’ve had an error about it not being able to initialise the device…

If the RPi CM4 module you’re using on the Yellow has WiFi, then it also has Bluetooth.

Thanks, how do I go about fixing the issue with the device not initialising?

Did your HA Yellow come from Crowd Supply with a CM4 already installed? If yes, then it does not have WiFi or Bluetooth radios.

If you want to add Bluetooth, you’ll need to add a USB Bluetooth dongle. Follow HA’s recommendations for which specific USB BT Radios are compatible with the HAOS.

Thanks for clearing that up!

How the heck do you manage to run HAOS on a 2GB Variant of CM4?

I mean thats what’s shipped with the base package right?

On my RasPi 4B/8GB a fresh install of HAOS instantly uses up 2.5GB RAM without anything else installed. That also goes for the QEmu Image …

Seems awefully downsized to me … or is there an optimized image for it?

Edit:

… meh ok, seems like CM4 is sold out everywhere too nowadays. Wasn’t up-to-date on that …

Will try it as soon i receive my yellow

I’d recommend picking up one of the high performance adapters on Bluetooth - Home Assistant with a usb extension cable instead.

My production setup uses the Feasycom FSC-BP119 (CSR8510A10) :signal_strength: and the Olimex ESP32 Power-over-Ethernet ISOs with ESPHome Bluetooth Proxy

1 Like

Can the cover be changed on the Yellow? Can it be mounted on the ceiling? I’m looking to Mount it centrally in my bungalow on the ceiling similar to my WiFi and smoke detectors.

After 4 days I finally have the time to play around with my new Yellow device,

But I seriously think the “restore backup” feature needs some graphical improvements.
My backup is 900MB, (partial because my mediafolder is 60GB and I don’t want to backup that)
And during the setup restore backup took over an hour without any indication if it was still running or not.
when I entered the page again, I ended up with onboarding, and no clue if the restore was still running.

So I reset the whole thing using the red button.
created a quick account, now use restore backup from the backup dashboard and select everything Except HA core as I think it will just install the same version.
And again I’m waiting for over 40 minutes right now an no idea what the restore status is.
Is it still restoring, did it fail, is it just waiting.

The yellow Led blinks like the heartbeat of someone with some serious heart condition, and I don’t know what that means exactly

1 Like

Anybody in the U.S received theirs from the latest batch yet? I haven’t seen anything from FedEx…

Sounds a bit long !!!
Did it work?

The trick was to first move the data disc to ssd.
After that it took only 5 minutes.

1 Like

I got mine last Friday.

Has anyone installed RaZberry 7 to Yellow that has CM4 with wifi + bluetooth? I’m wondering will wifi + BT work when RazBerry 7 is installed.