Home Assistant Yellow

Hello,
I have my yellow running since Jan 4th,
and for the 3th time now without any reason it suddenly stopped working.
I can’t see in the log what is wrong, because the last couple of minutes are missing, probably because of the file write delay.

anyone else experiencing issues like this?

During the original funding campaign

Once it was blinking a CM error code (some power issue, didn’t debugging further). Maybe it does need a higher-rated power supply in some situations.

the first two times I didn’t pay attention either, actually the first time I thought it was the esphome build, but now HA crasht at 5:35 AM. I was a sleep, and HA wasn’t actually doing much and I use the original power supply. So in my case I don’t think it has to do with high power demand.

So not sure. I didn’t check the blinking pattern to be honest.

Is there a (limited) warranty included?

In the unlucky scenario there is an issue, I’m assuming it’s not a simple process to return a faulty device though Crowd Supply?

Or contact Nuba Casa otherwise.

Are you sure it is not DB who is causing it? at night DB does some stuff and for me while I had raspberry + SSD it was causing crashes because of insufficient power.

That could be, but it can be any kind of thing, software or hardware,
and hardware can be the HA yellow, RPI CM, SSD, zigbee stick or usb drive.

for now I removed the key which opens port 22222 and hope it has something to do with that, haven’t had the issue since.
but as not many people have this issue, I’m now thinking it might be an issue with ssd drive. But I don’t know how to proof this.

You’ll almost certainly have better luck with a High performance bluetooth adapter on a USB extension cable or a bluetooth proxy vs the onboard bluetooth.

2 Likes

Ordered PoE on Oct 8 2021, not a typo. Shipping date just got moved again to March 3, 2023 :unamused:

When did you order?

Yellow? at the commencement of the campaign

After a bit of back and forth with crowdsupply I suddenly got a shipping notification. New ship date on crowd supply says August 2023 however UPS shows tomorrow. Let’s see what tomorrow brings.

Trust UPS; they delivered my Yellow on exactly the day they said they would.

Who did you speak with at Crowd Supply? When I tried emailing them in December they basically said they didn’t know anything about upcoming shipments and couldn’t tell me where I was in the queue.

anyone an idea of how to hang this on a wall?

Command strips work well for damage free mounting.

https://www.command.com/3M/en_US/command/products/?N=5924736+3291751908+3294529207&rt=rud

Uhh my estimated shipping date just updated to August 31st. Still no project update in sight. What the hell is going on??

1 Like

Same, if this is an accurate date I’m going to cancel, can’t wait for ever…

1 Like

Yellow kit, POE or yellow with CM4?. This is unbelievable!

1 Like