Home Assistant Yellow

so, 2 months after my yellow arrived,
fedex nicely remembered me about paying import duties.
so that’s a nice surprise there.
why can’t crowdsupply take those into account? aliexpress can.
now I have to pay the duties and also fedex for paying those in advance.

They did, but there was a “communication issue” between FedEx and Mouser (they handled the shipping). Contact Crowd Supply and they will issue a refund.

3 Likes

@hesspoint @totoschka
I could not get it working on my #yellow.

I’m actually running HA with RaspBerryMatic Addon and external HB-RF-USB-2 (as interface for HM-MOD-RPI-PCB) without issue.

I want to get rid of external components and try to move HM-MOD-RPI-PCB on J11.

Whenever I check it working, no result - nor with original config.txt or with config.txt with enabled “dtoverlay=rpi-rf-mod”.
Even more surprising to me - enabling “dtoverlay=rpi-rf-mod” got ZigBee stopping. Here I stopped testing. Any idea?

Wow, so very unexpectedly I got an email today confirming my Yellow with CM4 has been shipped! Hope this means others are on their way.

Edit: Well, “Mouser Elecctronics” managed to not only misspell their name, but also my address. Thankfully I was able to update it through the UPS website.

1 Like

For anyone looking for a wall mount, I made this and posted it at printables…

Home Assistant Yellow Wall Mount Bracket | Printables.com

It uses the original case and screws and gives you the ability to mount it to any surface.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

I have finally received my yellow today. No i read in the docu that z2m is currently not supported by the internal zigbee radio. Now i am thinking about to migrate to ZHA but i am fearing that not all z2m devices are supported by ZHA.
Ist there a way to check if all my z2m devices covered by ZHA before migrating any incompatibility of zigbee devices?

Yes, and no. You can go here to look for general support, but to be absolutely sure that every function is working - you need to check for reported issues on the ZHA Github page.

Unfortunately Z2M is in my opinion far better when it comes to compatibility. Luckily, the Z2M team is working on support for the HA Yellow zigbee controller (incl. SkyConnect).

I have currently 80 Zigbee devices. So it will be pain to check all devices on Blakadder before migrating. Looks like i have a nice HA Yellow now at home but cant use it as z2m is not ready :frowning:

I‘ve purchased HA Yellow Standard cable powered version. Does this edition has Bluetooth on board?

Thnx! Will print this and put my Yellow ontkurkt White wall

Keep using your old zigbee radio device.

1 Like

If the Raspberry Pi CM4 came with your HA Yellow, then chances are very low that it has Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.

Yeah, got it with CM4 module. Any recommendation which Bluetooth Dongle should be used with Yellow?

Do i need in this case deactivate the internal zigbee radio on the yellow board?

Not sure on that one.

You could use bluetooth proxies.

Bluetooth proxy or perhaps one of these.

No, you don’t need to do anything.

You can always try to migrate your network to the built in controller, but it is still experimental. Some apparently made it work, but I got mixed results (mine sometimes crashed). It just requires a full backup of your old network and some slight changes in the settings/configuration.

The safest bet is still using your old controller with Z2M until there is full support. I’m fairly certain that it will in the future, especially since Z2M does not support Matter and Thread at the moment.

1 Like

I purchased the POE version on the 17th of February, but the estimated shipping date is a total fake, anyone has news about how long this could take, it’s very frustrating, don’t know if we should wait one week, a month or months, to receive the yellow, crowd supply should have been clear on this. BTW if someone is selling a yellow version please let me know I would like to purchase it (without CM4).

No. Only the single radio (zigbee). Neither BT or Wifi are onboard. That undoubtedly made it simpler to get regulatory approval as dual (or more) radios makes the testing & certification processes much much longer and more complicated.

I feel your pain. I bought in Aug '22 and had a Jan 3 ship date. Then that turned into March 12 (I only know that because I went to check - I didn’t receive an update from Nabu or Crowd Supply). Then at the beginning of the month it went to August 30 (again, I went looking, no proactive email or other notice). Then last week I got the notice it had shipped and I received it yesterday. So yeah, really lousy communication & projections.

I had an Odroid N2+ that I had HA on so once my Yellow is all setup (I’m doing a fresh install so I can clean up device names, etc instead of restoring from the N2 backup) I’ll convert the N2 to a Linux box that I’ll use to setup a kiosk for my workshop. I’m doing a couple more kiosks for other parts of the house as well using Android tablets, Mostly those are for displaying statuses and simple interactions in guest areas of the house. The one in the workshop will be configured focused on the stuff down there and let me move my Sonoff panel into the garage.

1 Like

I have the HA Yellow (not showing off) and it keeps disconnecting from the network. Regularly I will go onto the dashboard on my pc and at the bottom left it says ‘connection lost, reconnecting’.

Is this standard for HA that it disconnects from the dashboard when you leave it idle for a while?

Are you using http://homeassistant.local:8123/ or http://IP-address:8123/?
If your using the 1st, I have a theory that it is your head router and how it supports mDNS (multicast) and Uni-cast. Which has to be enabled across your network(s). I’m experimenting with IGMP currently to see if that helps.
Right now I’m using the IP-Address of the HA which I’ve set a static address to in the router and in the HA-Yellow also.