Home Assistant Yellow

If anyone else was thinking they missed out on PoE. Something like this will offer a similar experience…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-Compliant-Surveillance-5-5x2-1mm-PS5712TG/dp/B08HS4NT13/ref=asc_df_B08HS4NT13/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=499339562285&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6791583175062341970&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006907&hvtargid=pla-1185659679296&psc=1

2 Likes

Mine shifted too. I need that Zigbee chip so I can finally rid myself of SmartThings. Fingers crossed for next weekend.

I was about to order my ha yellow kit this evening and I see they changed date for sending from 19/08 to 31/10… it was still 19/08 this morning :frowning: I really have to wait 2 more months now?!

Oh no! I hope this will not happen to my order. It’s still on the 19th of Augustus for the shipping.

1 Like

Just wondering how they knew it only day before the estimated shipping date that it will be delayed.

1 Like

They don’t. It’s just a placeholder. As they haven’t shipped yet I expect the date will jump forward tomorrow by another week.

If you haven’t seen the update on crowdsupply. Shipping is now expected towards the last week in September. They are currently still in China shortly been loaded onto a boat to the US.

Totally disappointed by the endless delays guys… comeon can’t even deliver a project with one year delay? Unbelievable. Need to get back my money and run away…

I am disappointed not so much by the delay but by obviously factually incorrect information being given to us. The last two updated simply cannot be true at the same time.

7 Likes

Maybe it is easier to get new orders and money in when you show shorter delivery times on the order page even they are false. Maybe not that fair to customers :slight_smile:

While it’s rough to deal with shipping delays, it’s the current state of the world. Working in pro audio comes with the same process of being told your equipment is coming in a month and then that being delayed to 4 months a week later. It’s not their fault that the time tables shift every day.

3 Likes

Anything with ICs is a headache right now. If a company does not have old inventory sitting in a warehouse, there are going to be delays. It is unfortunate. Try ordering 60 servers, and being told every 2 weeks that they will ship next week… for 6 months. :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Sure, but in the July update, they told as that the initial stock had already shipped to Crowd Supply and was being processed & shipped to buyers in the next two weeks. Yesterday, Crowd Supply posted another update that said that the container ship from China would not arrive before September (the wording was vague enough that I’m not sure if it has even left yet).

So those two updates contain conflicting statements of facts that cannot easily be reconciled.

5 Likes

And they should have known more than day before that the shipment is in China and not at their warehouse being prepared to ship to customers. It is just disrespectful to the customers.

4 Likes

Delivery has slipped from 6/30, to 7/30, to 8/12, to 9/30. We were given apparent false info on the early July update - that the shipment had been sent to Crowd Supply to be distributed out to those of us who got onboard early. It can’t be at Crowd Supply and on a slow boat from China at the same time. C’mon, guys, do better, please!

2 Likes

However “sent” does not mean “arrived”

2 Likes

The July update said:

As we have finished the first production run on our side, we have shipped from our manufacturer over to Crowd Supply’s warehouse. Over the next 2 weeks, they will be processing and then shipping out your units!

That either naively assumes a transport time of zero or means that CS already has physical possession of the devices.

3 Likes

Keep calm, boys‘n girls!

I‘ve ordered my new car more than a year ago. The first estimate said 3 month. The second 6 month.

And then … don’t call us, we call you. This is the status for over 6 month now.

It’s the new normal. I think it’s not fair to blame Nabu Casa for the supply chain issues.

7 Likes

Did they reschedule your car just one day before the promised delivery day or did they perhaps have more interest in good customer service?

3 Likes

I’ve had Yamaha audio consoles change shipping date the day of delivery. In some instances going from a December 15th date to April without more than 36 hours notice. It’s really nature of the beast right now. Manufacturers can say everything is ready to go and then boom sorry nothing made it on time.

1 Like