Home Connect

Soon I can test Washer, dryer and dishwasher

Great! Looking forward to test the beta.

I’m looking forward to it. I can test oven, coffee machine, dishwasher and hob.

Hi! I can test the dishwasher, the washing machine and a dryer!
Waiting for beta.

I can test coffee machine.

I finally shared some code to play around with. It is probably not very stable, but some things work, and I guess it’s time to collect feedback. See this new thread.

2 Likes

I have a boch Washing machine , I am willing to do test. Its already connected and updated to newest software.

Hi, any updates?

Happy to somehow contribute and able to test: fridge, washer, dryer and dishwasher.

I’ve used a binding for HomeConnect on my OpenHAB system:

Works great! Maybe something to look into and port it to home-assistant?

There are now also HomeConnect ovens, coffee machines, dishwashers and more. Would be great if I could see them in Lovelace.

1 Like

There is an API too! https://developer.home-connect.com/

https://developer.home-connect.com/

I somehow failed to find this thread before coding, so I also wrote a small module for Bosch Dryers using the home connect API. It’s at https://github.com/gkreitz/homeassistant-bosch_dryer in case it’s useful to someone else. Only implements sensors (so, get status), uses asyncio and the Home Connect push feed, so it’s pretty fast in getting updates. Extending to other types of devices should be relatively straightforward (add the variables you care for in handle_key_value(), and write an appropriate flow in fetch_initial_state()).

2 Likes

Just gave your bosch_dryer a try and it seems to work fine with Siemens as expected. Since any Home Connect device type dryer will be same, it pretty much is a homeconnect_dryer instead of Bosch. Well, Bosch and Siemens devices are same anyways - just branding and small details.

Good work, this actually looks like a good starting point to build an entire home connect integration. I would be able to verify dish washer, dryer, wasching machine and a fridge. :wink:

Cool, happy to hear it works for you!

I don’t have any immediate plans to add support for new things, but may get around to it at some point. Pull requests are of course very welcome. An easier contribution than a full PR would be just a wish-list of what sensors you’d like to see for each device type.

How active it this tread? I can currently test Siemens Home Connect (Coffe, Oven, Dish) and Bosch EasyControl for Home Assistant.

just added in my homeconnect on siemens coffee machine, and work perfect :ok_hand:

I can test a washer-dryer

I forked it and adopted it for Home Connect Washer:

I wasn’t able to adopt it for the dishwasher and oven yet… HA doesn’t start anymore with my current versions of the script adopted for those devices. But washer and dryer works like a charm.
I love this solution as there is no need for your HA-instance to be reachable from the outside.

@gkreitz Thanks for your great work! Do you know if there is a problem when more than one “haid” is returned? I tried to implement the module for the type “Oven” as well, but HA doesn’t start when I place the module inside the “sensor” section analog what I did with the washer. I got two oven (steamer and classic oven), both running as type “Oven” under HC.

How can I get deeper feedback regarding the failed startup on HA beside the homeassistant.log?