Home Depot EcoSmart Smart Bulb (zigbee) with Remote

I have dramatically changed my flow since then. Once I get a chance to clean it up and document a few hacks I will post it. Here is a taste. I now use zha groups instead of light groups and I use the msg payload as sent (with a few hacks) from the event trigger all the way to the call service. This lets me avoid having to duplicate a lot of nodes for every remote/light group

2 Likes

I don’t know what my issue was however I deleted the zigbee.db file and paired it again. Now it works and I can see event being fired in the dev tool. Unfortunately this deleted all my zigbee devices. luckily I only had two devices.

I noticed this too. How do pull the battery?

as promised

Unscrew the 1 screw on the round compartment on the back of the remote, remove cover and then remote battery.

looks price double now…

i saw that.

home depot must have seen the large number of HA users who were buying these and decided to up the price. :laughing:

1 Like

I was looking for some outdoor smart bulbs for porch and garage door. Maybe easier than install smart switches.

yeah, there are a few uses that i find acceptable for using a smart bulb over a smart switch. My deck light, front porch light and (always on) stove hood light use smart bulbs.

The addition of the remote that can be either linked directly to the bulb and/or paired to HA makes the bulbs usable in many more situations.

line 67 is missing a "

Also, thank you for sharing your flow. Works perfectly.

I figured out how to take parameters from the event and pass it on.

- alias: Bedroom light brightness
  trigger:
  - event_data:
      command: 'move_to_level'
      device_ieee: "00:0b:57:ff:fe:e1:c0:6e"
    event_type: zha_event
    platform: event
  action: 
    service: light.turn_on
    entity_id: group.bedroom_lights
    data_template:
      brightness: >
        {{ trigger.event.data.args[0]|int }}

My full automation for this remote is at https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/wdFWDrD6hV/

5 Likes

Thanks for that, I was doing something similar, but you condense some stuff that I was breaking out which I like better.

Now that the remote is able to work with HA, glad I picked up a bunch of these when they were at $5, but even at the $7.50 this is still a winner! I’m using the remotes with a number of Zigbee and Zwave devices I have.

Is there anyway to send a toggle command instead of on/off using your node red flow?

I don’t see why not. sorry, I’ve completely abandoned this flow because I switched from ZHA to Zigbee2MQTT last week. I was lots of lag and dropped signals that I could never track down with ZHA. my new flows can just pass the raw parameters from the remote to the bulbs and are a lot more performant. I can’t remeber what the message structure looks like (because I am not having to parse it like crazy) but it is still making a service call and it pretty much just worked without much trouble. I think maybe zigbee2mqtt is a release ahead of ZHA on the remote’s device handler? I’ll annotate it and post it in about 12 hours when I have access again.

You can do that in the automation itself, basically have it trigger by command: ‘on’ and command: ‘off’

'- id: ‘1580610151207’
alias: Toggle Lamp
description: ‘’
trigger:

• event_data:
    command: ‘on’
  • event_data:
    command: ‘off’
    condition: []
    action:
  • device_id: 55170e47d3304ae5ad2a7e030483a2a4
    domain: light
    entity_id: light.the_home_depot_ecosmart_zbt_a19_cct_bulb_e49bd9fe_level_li$
    type: toggle
  • device_id: 66319321f13a4efa80e381a4eb16dd09
    domain: light
    entity_id: light.the_home_depot_ecosmart_zbt_a19_cct_bulb_3783d7fe_level_li$
    type: toggle’

In process of moving 2 zigbee2mqtt any chance you can share that flow?

I’m really having trouble re-purposing this remote. It seems that the only light it will control is the bulb it came with. I can get it to toggle on and off, but that’s it. And when I try to have it control a different bulb or switch, all commands seem to be ignored. It seems that no matter what I try, the zha_event gets ignored unless it’s the original bulb it was packaged with.

Additionally, has anyone been able to figure out a way to utilize the brightness, color, and memory buttons as “on/off” buttons?

When you get the zha_event, you should get a unique id for the remote. Then you use that id in your automations. I have some of these remotes controlling additional devices beyond the bulbs. Can’t get the fourth button to do anything useful though since it also passes the move_to_color_temp command, which is the command sent when you push the third button.

Yes, I don’t even have the remote paired to the bulb and it controls the bulb completely thru HA. And I use the second button down (I can’t remember which one that is) to control other wifi and z wave light switches.

I’m not at my pc to grab the code right now but I’ll try to remember to post an example tomorrow.