Home Panel - A web frontend for controlling the home

There’s an issue here:

Those are my temperature sensors . Let me check if i well added device_classes for them…

EDIT:

Yes they have device_class

Ah thanks that makes sense. I see 1.4.3 is basically 2.4.4 so I am waiting on 1.4.5 which I assume will be 2.4.5 which contains the device_class required for the proper states for my strips.

Thanks for clarifying.

There’s actually an issue with device class :confused:

Is anyone else facing this issue?

If so, please post you error in the above issue

if (entity!.attributes) {
  if (entity!.attributes.device_class) 
    state =
      strings.state[entity!.entity_id.split('.')[0]][
        entity!.attributes.device_class <----- here it's highlighted in Chrome Console.
      ][entity!.state];

@timmo001 Last release fixed the issue and device states are now correct. Thanks!

1 Like

Great news! how can we get the latest version?
i’m still on 1.4.4
Thanks!

I’m using the native docker image .you will have to wait till timmo releases new Homepanel release for the HassIO add-on

Add-ons are versioned differently. Please read the last release notes for the add-on to know what version of Home Panel you are on.

Hi! I’m fairly new to home assistant and are using hassio. A few day ago I’ve added the Home Panel add on and after that the overview/lovelance view is not working, it just shows the “wheel” go round and round for ever. Same goes for history. I’ve uninstalled it, but it still the same. Before I added the homepanel I also upgraded from 0.98.5 to latest HA version. I have now gone back to 0.98.5 but problem exists. To be honest I don’t know what could be the problem. At some time I also had a 502 bad gateway message, but that is gone after the uninstall. Have anyone experienced similar problem after installing home panel?

My network stats and tools

Looks like this on my wall in-built touchscreen

1 Like

Playing around with some colors … what do you think guys?

Hi I’m on 1.43 hass.io claims I can upgrade to 1.46, but doing it from the GUI is not working. I tried from the CLI as well and still no luck - running latest version of hass.io (0.100.3) on rPi 3, not seeing anything useful in the logs. Thanks

ok I uninstalled and reinstalled hassio add-on and now works fine. How do I access the home-panel UI directly and not via ingress?

via the port defined in the addon.

I played around a bit with the dashboard and came up with a small project:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/xmpp-message-board-with-homepanel/143934/2

same here. Anyone manage to change the font size?

Hi Guys and Gals.

I have installed Home Panel on HASSIO and everything is working great. However I can’t seem to view it in its own web page outside of HASSIO to use on a tablet.
From what I can gather, I should be able to acces it from http://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8234 but it gets refused.
I have SSL set to false as per my HASSIO installation.

EDIT: I thought I had added the port in the setting and tested before but tried it again and I can log in but the tiles are not connected to HA. Everything still working inside of HA but not from outside.

EDIT 2: SOLVED: I needed to login to HASSIO again in the side panel

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Normal behavior to log in again as u use another address

Were you able to figure this one out?

I’m having trouble accessing Home Panel outside of my hass.io add-on. Below are my logs; doesn’t seem to be any errors. I have re-logged in, restarted hass.io. Suggestions?

I’m attempting to access panel @ https://192.168.1.198:8234

Hass.io virtual machine

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: executing... 
-----------------------------------------------------------
 Hass.io Add-on: Home Panel
 A web frontend for controlling the home
-----------------------------------------------------------
 Add-on version: 1.4.6
 You are running the latest version of this add-on.
 System: HassOS 2.12  (amd64 / qemux86-64)
 Home Assistant version: 0.100.2
 Supervisor version: 192