Home Panel - A web frontend for controlling the home

Has anyone seen the following issue of artwork not being displayed on Home Panel.

Home Panel Image not showing
image1

Home Assistant Panel
image2

Hi

Great work. I dabbled with this some time ago on tablets and now im revisiting it on a windows 10 pc with touchscreen.

Couple of queries if some one could help me.

1. I have my monitor in portrit orientation. How do i move a new group under the previous one? New ones just go off screen as if it still thinks it landscape.

2. When long pressing on an entity that has sub options such as a dimming light. The pop up comes up as expected however i also get the windows right click menu appear (using chrome browser in full screen mode). I realise this is a OS thing but is there a way to overcome with a different browser app

Thanks folks.

Hi peopleā€¦ I saw on github that dev worked on custom component to listen to events I think it was from hass to control the dashboard. what happened to this custom component? Would like having something like:

door bell rings and fullscreen video pops upā€¦ or navigate to a certain dashboard etc.

Here a few be pics of my current dashboard

Uploading: IMG_20200119_232352.jpgā€¦ Uploading: IMG_20200119_232341.jpgā€¦

Uploading: IMG_20200119_232330.jpgā€¦

Hello allā€¦

Iā€™m trying to use home panel within an old tablet, but I canā€™t seem to find the external address to use.
I know in the past was http://homeassistant:8234.
Problem is that now this doesnā€™t seem to work and at the moment I can only open inside of HA.
Probably kind of a dumb question, but I canā€™t seem to find any answers.

EDIT:Solved like below.
I knew it was something silly.

Thank you

2 Likes

Good days gets, anyone been able to get bbc rss working? Iā€™ve pasted this but get nothing
http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/world/rss.xml

Is it just me or does the Hass.io (supervisor) add-on only go up to 1.6? I see 2.5 listed above?

anyone figured out how to remove a page at the bottom of the home pannel? seem I can add plenty but cannot remove any

U have to enter the configuration mode and long press on the page u wanna remove

oh wow! My saviour!
Thx!

Another question, is there a way to completely hide the toolbars? Iā€™m using a 7inch touch monitor for my project and every time I scroll, the toolbars are showing up, taking alot of the small space I have leftā€¦
Basically Iā€™m just trying to make a cheap version of the google hub, so if anyone have some suggestions that would help :slight_smile:

@ thundergreen what tablet are you using? does it go in sleep mode and wake up on touch? and what did you used to make it fullscreen? thx!

Iā€™m using a 10 inch touchscreen built-in my wall connected. Via HDMI and USB for touch . Click on the menue bar left upper corner ā€¦ I also have a mqtt screen scio that turns off an on when moot8on is detected or not detected after a while .if cou want I can share this mqtt thing .

I donĀ“t know if I have gotten things backwards or going crazy but need a clarification please.
I have just installed Hassio in docker and home panel in a separate docker.
Everything works as It should. I would like to do some changes on my IP cameras.
I am not able to find Home Panels config.json? Have I misunderstood something or done something wrong.
Installed via docker-compose, followed the doc:

version: '3'

services:
  home-panel:
    image: timmo001/home-panel
    ports:
      - 8234:8234
    volumes:
      - home_panel_data:/data

volumes:
  home_panel_data: {}

Anyone else missing their units of measure or weather condition icon after the latest update (2.7.2)?

https://github.com/timmo001/home-panel/issues/995

2 Likes

Trying to configure Home Panel for the first time and using the add-on store.

Iā€™ve installed the 1.7.0 version (add-on store)

It all seems to be working fine. Home panel is starting, I connect to Home assistant etc etc. Howeverā€¦

When I try to configure a switch or a light bulb etcā€¦ it doesnā€™t workā€¦ itā€™s not switching/changing state??? The strange thing is. When I use the lovelace interface to change the status of for example a switch, it shows in the Home Panel that the status has changed. When I setup a sensor in the Home Panel, I can see the values. Iā€™m puzzledā€¦ Why arenā€™t my switches and lightbulbs working?

Is it any way to turn off the login for Home Panel?
I would like to use it on Google Nest Hub which donā€™t have any keyboard possibilities.

Is there a way to pull data from a HA server in another location? I have a house in another state with an IPSEC tunnel connecting it to my main home and would like to be able to have control over some of its devices too.

Just getting started with Home Panel and like it.

maybe RESTful sensor and command?

Iā€™ve just installed Home Panel and I think itā€™s working up to the point of controlling entities. Iā€™ve added a single card with a bulb. The entity name is definitely right and it works in HA. But in Home Panel, I click on the card and the light does nothing. Not sure what Iā€™m missing?

Same here. In addition, the charts seams to do not work properly. I am missing something?