HomeAssistant OS 5.x (stable) not booting on Odroid C2 when installed on eMMC

Hi there,
I have been using Home Assistant on my Odroid C2 for the better part of one year now.
I installed it as described in the installation section.

When OS version 5.8 released I went ahead and installed as I did with every version before that. I expected HA to come back up after some time but after 30min it was still not running.

I was not even able to get any access to the Odroid via SSH even after letting it do its thing for 2 or so hours. Rebooting the Odroid also did not solve the problem. The forums and github issues also did not have any solution at the time.

Finally I plugged the Odroid into a monitor via HDMI to get some output. The output was the same as in this post in another topic (I just reference these pictures here for convenience reasons).

This behavior is the same when updating from 4.20 to 5.8 or 5.9 and doing a clean install of Home Assistant OS with one of the stable 5.x versions.
OS version 4.20 still works on eMMC.

I for now resorted to using an SD card installed HA but would love to go back to eMMC again as I had some SD cards die on me in the past.

I have a clean install on an eMMC lying around so could try things in case needed.

Thanks for any help!

Isn’t Github a better place for reporting bugs and getting the developers attention?

Thanks for the hint.
I wanted to open an issue there, but then saw that release 5.10 is on its way which includes

Fix boot from eMMC on ODROID-C2

The linked issues are also looking good, so I guess we will be fine soon.

1 Like