HomeHabit Dashboard - Updates

HomeHabit 8.0: Custom themes

Custom themes

The new custom themes feature is a great way to add personal touch to a dashboard. With custom themes it is possible to customize variety of widget style properties including changing colors, adding borders or rounded corners.

Starter version can have up to 2 custom themes, in addition to the standard themes.
Premium users can create unlimited number of themes.

Custom widgets

This release adds Custom widgets feature available in HomeHabit Labs.
Custom widgets allow rendering a fully custom widget within existing dashboard. Custom widgets can show and act on any data available from the connected platforms. These widgets are written in JavaScript as Web Components.

:warning: This is an extremely experimental feature. Please make configuration backup before enabling this feature.

For more information about how to enable and create custom widgets: [Labs] Custom widgets - Discussion - HomeHabit Community.

HomeHabit 8.0
Available starting May 9, 2021

1 Like

HomeHabit 9.0: Widget improvements

The new release contains several highly requested widget improvements.

Thermostat widget

Several improvements for the thermostat widget:

• raise/lower temperature buttons
  • half-degree target temperature adjustment with celsius temperatures
  • show decimals for ambient temperature
  • tap to open larger thermostat popup when in 1x1 widget size

Decimal places

It is now possible to adjust displayed number of decimal places displayed in Gauge and Value widgets.
The value text will also auto-resize to better display longer numbers.

Label widget

This new widget can be used to display a static text.

Dimmers

Larger buttons for up/down dimmer style when possible. Applies to Dimmer and Light widgets.

HomeHabit 9.0
Available starting May 31, 2021

1 Like

HomeHabit 10.0: Donut chart widget

Donut chart

The new donut chart widget that allows to quickly show data distribution in a single widget. It is great for displaying home energy consumption and other relative data.
The widget is available in various sizes and layouts to make the best use of dashboard space.

Camera streaming V2 (Labs)

The new HomeHabit Labs feature - Camera streaming V2 provides alternative and improved video stream processing. That should better supporting popular camera streaming formats such as MJPEG and RTSP, and help resolve issues that some users experienced. It also provides better performance on less powerful devices.
Additionally, it adds support for HTTP Live Streaming protocol, that is used by streaming component from Home Assistant in particular.

This is still an in-progress feature, so it might still have some quirks. Please try this out and report any issues.

HomeHabit 10.0
Available starting June 6, 2021

1 Like

HomeHabit 11.0: Weather Forecast widget

Weather Forecast

The new Weather Forecast widget is replacing forecast mode in the existing Weather widget and brings several enhancements.

Colored icons

The new widget supports both daily and hourly forecasts, with refreshed colored weather icons!

Precipitation

When provided by integrations, forecast will also display chance of precipitation for each forecast period.

Wind forecast

The new forecast style available to elegantly display wind speed and direction forecast.

Compatibility

Existing Weather widgets in forecast mode will be automatically updated to the new Weather Forecast widget.

Home Assistant

The new widget also supports forecast data from Home Assistant weather components.

HomeHabit 11.0
Available starting June 20, 2021

Great! The streaming V2 solved my issues where Synology Surveillance Station stream would result in a stream error, when enlarging the preview tile. Thanks! Don’t change it, it’s working! :grinning:

1 Like

HomeHabit 12.0: Screensavers, Premium Plus and more

Customizable screensavers

New screensavers feature provides an easy way to create and customize multiple screensavers.

Screensaver settings include:

• screen brightness
  • clock format and layout
  • backdrop
  • slideshow (when used with image collection)

Other features such as calendar and weather are planned for future releases.

Starting screensaver with Rules

Rules (Labs feature) now also require specifying screensaver id when starting a screensaver. That gives an ability to start various screensavers on different event triggers.

Remote Admin

Remote Admin is the new configuration editor that can be used to change the app configuration from within a browser. New editor includes syntax validation to help avoid applying invalid configuration.

This release of Remote Admin is just a base. More features are planned for the future in the effort to allow configuration process without touching the device!

Note: Remote Admin has a different URL, please check your Settings.

New integrations

The following 2 new integrations can be used to add images to the app. Those images can be used as backdrops in screensavers (support for dashboard backdrop is coming soon).

Image integration allows adding image files and image URLs.

Bing Photo of the Day

Adds a daily photo from Bing, as well as a collection of photos from the last 7 days.

Premium Plus

Premium Plus is now available for purchase in the app. New integrations are coming soon.

HomeHabit 12.0
Available starting August 7, 2021

1 Like

Just discovered this app and really like it so far. It feels allot like SharpTools in how the dashboards and built and managed separately from the Lovelace dashboards.

One problem I’m having is with the Alarm control. I’m using the Alarmo integration and have it setup to require a PIN on disarm but no PIN to arm. The HomeHabit alarm control insists on using the PIN to both arm and disarm; simply trying to arm without the PIN does nothing.

Anyone seen this? Solution?

2 Likes

@mikebol Let me check on that integration. Can you post state and attributes that alarm control has from HA dev tools (/developer-tools/state)?

@igorz sorry for the delay.

State:

code_format: number
changed_by: null
code_arm_required: false
code_disarm_required: true
arm_mode: armed_home
open_sensors:
  binary_sensor.garage_entry: open
bypassed_sensors: null
delay: null
expiration: null
friendly_name: Alarm
icon: mdi:shield-home
supported_features: 3

Attributes:

code_format: number
changed_by: null
code_arm_required: false
code_disarm_required: true
arm_mode: armed_home
open_sensors: 
binary_sensor.garage_entry: open

bypassed_sensors: null
delay: null
expiration: null
friendly_name: Alarm
icon: mdi:shield-home
supported_features: 3

Hope this helps. You can see the code_arm_required: false but the security control still appears to require the PIN code just the same.

Mike

@mikebol Thanks for the info.
I see the issue now. code_arm_required is not a documented attribute, but it is used by a few alarm integrations.
I will see what needs to be done to support it, and post an update.

@igorz A few other questions or bits of additional feedback.

The Tracker control, I sure wish it would display the location (“Home”, “Away”, etc.) similar to the badge in Home Assistant. We use Life360 and this has become a nice visual queue that we use to show at a glance where different users are located.

The Graph control, I want to use this control to show a linear 24 hour (configurable?) history of a sensor. For example, I have a chlorine and Ph sensor in our pool and have this information displayed on my HA dashboard. It’s interesting to compare the pool temp to the outside air temp throughout the day and the effects of direct sunlight on the pool temp and chlorine usage.

This could also be useful for in-home temp sensors like Ecobees and smart thermostats.

Mike

Do you mean, you would want to provide a location zones like Home/Away within the app, which would used in Tracker widget?

Additional charts are planned, but it might take some time.

Yes, if that’s possible. Just a wish list item for the control. Standard Lat\Long address predictions always shows our neighbors address so the control today is incorrect.

It might be possible to utilize HA defined zones for this

Is there a way to auto-populate a dashboard with variables and wildcards? Something like, include: light.livingroom_* will include all entities that start with light.livingroom_? I have a robust naming scheme (since I use Lovelace and auto-entities card) which makes stuff like this very easy. With over a hundred entities I don’t want to waste my time by adding all entities manually and adding future devices every time.

@ASNNetworks Since dashboard grid has a fixed rows/columns per page, it was designed to be custom positioned by the user. With any auto-layout there are challenges with overflow and page handling.
Various auto-layout options have been considered, but it just didn’t fit into current dashboard/page grid layout. Your use case might be best solved by having a dashboard that expands/scrolls vertically, which is not possible right now.

Have you tried using Remote Admin to configure? It is still manual, but it might be easier to just copy/paste widgets in JSON.

Hi Igor, thank you very much for your prompt and detailed response! No unfortunately for me auto-populate function is necessary. I want to deploy HA in other homes and need a dashboard that can update itself when a new device is added (like a new lightbulb or sensor). I have designed and coded my own Lovelace dashboard now which does this through auto-entities card. However, I notice some (especially less high end) smartphones/tablets struggle with Lovelace (since it’s a webpage after all).

Your Dashboard looked very clean and since it’s native has a very nice response time/fluidity. However, auto-population of entities is a must in my case, so I don’t have to keep updating dashboards.

Do you mean like in somebody else’s or “client” homes?

Glad you like the look of dashboard :slight_smile:

So this is a bit of the forward-looking, so it might not materialize.
Next year there are few things related to dashboard layout and widget creation I would want to see improved. One of those might be an additional dashboard layout that scroll which would be better for phone support and a better “quick start” for new users.
That would make it possible to have auto-populate generally. Then, adding some filters/rules around it becomes feasible as well.

1 Like

For now, someone elses (currently testing and making sure I can scale and template most of my Node-RED automations and dashboards for easier deployment and management), down the road clients (if all goes well).

I’ll keep an eye on your Dashboard. Hopefully you can include that in the future. Would love to get a Premium app per installation/device :wink:

1 Like

@igorz As there is still now way to use Motion Detector to wake up the screen, and Homehabit does not have a feature like that:

Is there a way to REMOTE WAKE UP HomeHabit? So let’s say: The screen goes off regularily with Android internal screen saver. Then I send some http api request to HH to wake it up and screen comes on again. Is this possible somehow?

Thanks