Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

This has to do with the viewport on iOS not understanding the default pixel width, Someone recently showed me what to do with that. So I might be able to fix it soon. I do however would like your input. Would you maybe care to join the discord channel (link in the first post)? That way I can just send you fixes directly and you’ll be able to help me fix this issue for iOS users.

Not a requirement for me to help you ofcourse, but if you would do that it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I will gladly help. I just joined discord :slight_smile:

How I add readings from sensor atributes in subtitle?

I try like this:

climate:
    title: HLAJENJE
    subtitle: "[[[ return `  Stanovanje: ${states['sensor.inside_current_temperature'].state}°C / ${state_attr('sensor.inside_current_humidity','median')}% 
                                  Zunaj: ${states['sensor.outside_current_temperature'].state}°C / ${states['sensor.outside_current_humidity'].state}%
                             Podstrešje: ${states['sensor.attic_current_temperature'].state}°C / ${states['sensor.attic_current_humidity'].state}%` ]]]"

I can’t read this attribute ${state_attr('sensor.inside_current_humidity','median')} like you read sensor state.

Hi. So i have been following the Videos and before I move to the addons video I thought I would create a room or two. I have put the below in to my views.yaml , restarted and even rebooted HA but the living room never shows up.
I am not 100% sure what I am doing wrong. I even followed along with the kitchen example in your video and same thing.

living_room:
subtitle: Overview
icon: mdi:floor-lamp

Check your indentation.

living_room:
  title: living

Unfortunately you can’t use jinja, so you must resort to javascript, this is because button card is written that way.

You should probably read up here: GitHub - custom-cards/button-card: ❇️ Lovelace button-card for home assistant

and check out here: Lovelace: Button card

These will probably help better, since these questions have been asked quite a lot on these threads.

Lastly, if you plan to use a multiline template, you MUST use the | operator.
e.g.

subtitle: |
  [[[
    return Hello World;
  ]]]

Good luck!

1 Like

Hi. I copied from your site. Changed it to just be this. But still wont show up

Ok, check again and put the two spaces before living_room and now its showing up.

Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 16.40.31

1 Like

Do you have the documentation on how to get the people and their pictures o the main page? I am starting so small trying to learn this. I am starting with the people and setting up my CCTV views.

Yes, check out the picture_elements addon! homekit-infused/picture-elements.md at baa686dd5cebff61fdb7b543d85900bd19e23d8e · jimz011/homekit-infused · GitHub

Thanks for this great video tutorial, it got really great.

Thanks. So under Menu i see My View and in there i see my picture. Sorry if this seems a basic question.

How do i get the picture to show on the main page and not having to go in to my view

Craig

look up 2 posts, this question has literally been asked 2 posts ago :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks mate. i did see your reply and i copied out the code from the example in to my views.yaml file. I am just asking specifically how to view the people picture outside of the my view. Apologies if i am missing something.

Craig

Could you be a bit more specific. Since I don’t think I really understand what you mean.

Hi Jim.

Using the code in your github when I use that you will see it creates the My View. Whebn I open that I see myself and Mrs picture.

What i am trying to achieve is what you have here. Ignore the red numbers, its just a picture i grabbed off internet.

hki

Hi Jim,

I have installed HomeKit Infused 5 for the first time and I get the following errors:

I do not use HACS, so I have installed the card components manually and added the resources etc.

2022-03-16 11:47:34 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration lovelace_gen which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2022-03-16 11:47:34 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration browser_mod which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2022-03-16 11:48:28 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202203011] http://192.168.1.33:8123/local/layout-card.js:13:3317 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'disconnect')
2022-03-16 11:48:42 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202203011] http://192.168.1.33:8123/local/layout-card.js:13:3317 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'disconnect')
2022-03-16 11:49:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Entity media_player.browser_9672c389_b099c159 (<class 'custom_components.browser_mod.media_player.BrowserModPlayer'>) implements device_state_attributes. Please report it to the custom component author.
2022-03-16 11:49:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Entity light.browser_9672c389_b099c159 (<class 'custom_components.browser_mod.light.BrowserModLight'>) implements device_state_attributes. Please report it to the custom component author.
2022-03-16 11:49:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Entity sensor.browser_9672c389_b099c159 (<class 'custom_components.browser_mod.sensor.BrowserModSensor'>) implements device_state_attributes. Please report it to the custom component author.
2022-03-16 11:50:24 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202203011] http://192.168.1.33:8123/local/layout-card.js:13:3317 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'disconnect')
2022-03-16 11:51:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.homeassistant] The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'
2022-03-16 11:51:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.script.websocket_api_script] websocket_api script: Error executing script. Error for call_service at pos 1: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'
2022-03-16 11:51:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [547421735568] Error handling message: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'
2022-03-16 12:02:53 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202203011] http://192.168.1.33:8123/local/layout-card.js:13:3317 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'disconnect')
2022-03-16 12:08:15 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202203011] http://192.168.1.33:8123/local/layout-card.js:13:3317 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'disconnect')
2022-03-16 12:08:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.homeassistant] The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'
2022-03-16 12:08:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.script.websocket_api_script] websocket_api script: Error executing script. Error for call_service at pos 1: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'
2022-03-16 12:08:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [547421735568] Error handling message: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'
2022-03-16 12:12:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.homeassistant] The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'
2022-03-16 12:12:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.script.websocket_api_script] websocket_api script: Error executing script. Error for call_service at pos 1: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'
2022-03-16 12:12:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [547421735568] Error handling message: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'

Have you an idea what is going wrong ?

Regards.

In your own config, remove the lovelace mode.

1 Like

Update:

I removed lovelace_gen: from the configuration.yaml file. It seems that this instruction was already in the installation guide and I missed it.

However, My UI has not rendered how I expected.

The themes are not available?

Because I do not use HACS - do I have to change the path in certain files/folders?

No, but maybe check your profile and see what it says? It should say backend-selected.

If that is true, go to the HKI settings and try change the theme over there.