Hörmann garage door via MQTT

Hi @Tysonpower I have been using your PCB . All works fine. Got it connected.
However I noticed that the PCB has its own open network which I can log in at any time without credentials. This is the network I use to set up or change to which wifi the PCB connects to but even after I am connected this open network is still available for connection. I just think it is not very safe as basically anyone can connect to this network and go to 192.168.4.1 and not only control the garage door but also change the settings.
Any idea how to disable it or to put a password to it ?
Hope I was clear

Happy to hear that all works well :slight_smile:

Simple to fix your issue, login to the webui and remove the checkmark on “Enable Wifi AP”, click save, after that your door maybe needs a new busscan because the ESP reboots on save.

regards,
Manuel

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.
However I cannot see this option. Is there anywhere else I can look ?

okay then you got an old firmware, you will need to flash the newest firmware to the PCB to get this option.

Thanks! it was a small new unexplored journey for me but I succeeded.
All good now! thank you!
just a question, there is somehere an option for “OTA” update. is that usable ? for future references?

1 Like

If anyone still needs a complete PCB i now got them back in stock, each is flashed with the open source firmware from Gifford47 and tested on a Promatic Garage Door before it get’s shipped.

Got a lot of good feedback so far on the current PCB Revision, they work really solid. Thanks to software changes by the Contributers (@14yannick @Gifford47 and others) over on Github the Software is also quite easy to setup now.

Supported Motors:

• SupraMatic E/P Serie 4
  • ProMatic Serie 4
  • Rollmatic V2

Shipping from Germany inside the EU via DHL tracked parcel, will only take a few Days. I’m NOT shipping to UK, sorry!

Regards,
Manuel

@Tysonpower do you ship to the UK at all?

I’d also like UK delivery if you can, please?

No UK Shipping sorry!

@GrandSlam90

@Tysonpower Would your MQTT adapter work with industrial gates ? My controller is a Hörmann 545. From what I understood this also uses the HCP2 protocol.

Update: Loxone seems to sell the Loxon Hormann Air which seems quite similar, but closed source, more expensive and only integrated into the Loxone ecosphere: Hörmann Air | Loxone Shop
They do support more models, so I am hoping your solution would support all the same ones too :crossed_fingers:

Not sure if it will work, does it have the same busscan mechanic as the consumer motors?

The hoermann one supports both protocole. But based on this overview the industrial controller and the E4 for which the tysonpower module is compatible share the same protocol.

i’m trying to compile your code for my esp32s but i receive these error:

In file included from src/main.cpp:3:
.pio/libdeps/esp32s3_tynet/AsyncElegantOTA/src/AsyncElegantOTA.h:4:2: warning: #warning AsyncElegantOTA library is deprecated, Please consider moving to newer ElegantOTA library which now comes with an Async Mode. Learn More: https: [-Wcpp]
 #warning AsyncElegantOTA library is deprecated, Please consider moving to newer ElegantOTA library which now comes with an Async Mode. Learn More: https://docs.elegantota.pro/async-mode/
  ^~~~~~~
Compiling .pio\build\esp32s3_tynet\liba4b\WiFi\WiFiMulti.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\esp32s3_tynet\liba4b\WiFi\WiFiSTA.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\esp32s3_tynet\liba4b\WiFi\WiFiScan.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\esp32s3_tynet\liba4b\WiFi\WiFiServer.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\esp32s3_tynet\liba4b\WiFi\WiFiUdp.cpp.o
.pio/libdeps/esp32s3_tynet/AsyncTCP-esphome/src/AsyncTCP.cpp:753:2: error: #else without #if
 #else
  ^~~~
.pio/libdeps/esp32s3_tynet/AsyncTCP-esphome/src/AsyncTCP.cpp:755:2: error: #endif without #if
 #endif
  ^~~~~
.pio/libdeps/esp32s3_tynet/AsyncTCP-esphome/src/AsyncTCP.cpp:1020: error: unterminated #if
 #if LWIP_IPV4 && LWIP_IPV6

Compiling .pio\build\esp32s3_tynet\lib829\ESPAsyncWebServer-esphome\AsyncEventSource.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\esp32s3_tynet\lib829\ESPAsyncWebServer-esphome\AsyncWebSocket.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\esp32s3_tynet\lib829\ESPAsyncWebServer-esphome\WebAuthentication.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\esp32s3_tynet\lib829\ESPAsyncWebServer-esphome\WebHandlers.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\esp32s3_tynet\lib829\ESPAsyncWebServer-esphome\WebRequest.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\esp32s3_tynet\lib829\ESPAsyncWebServer-esphome\WebResponses.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\esp32s3_tynet\lib829\ESPAsyncWebServer-esphome\WebServer.cpp.o
.pio/libdeps/esp32s3_tynet/AsyncTCP-esphome/src/AsyncTCP.cpp: In member function 'bool AsyncClient::connect(const char*, uint16_t)':
.pio/libdeps/esp32s3_tynet/AsyncTCP-esphome/src/AsyncTCP.cpp:754:39: error: 'ip_addr_t' {aka 'struct ip_addr'} has no member named 'addr'; did you mean 'u_addr'?
         return connect(IPAddress(addr.addr), port);
                                       ^~~~
                                       u_addr
*** [.pio\build\esp32s3_tynet\libfda\AsyncTCP-esphome\AsyncTCP.cpp.o] Error 1

Why?

Hi Alex,
Please report your error here. I need to know the branch and other details to track your issue down.

There is an issue with the library.

I would like to share a different approach I took, to integrate a Hörmann Garage door into Home Assistant,

Hörmann is selling a Push-Button WLAN-Innentaster. This device supports HomeKit.

I integrated it successfully into HA. It supports two entities

• the garage door
  • the light

Anyone knows how we fix that in PIO?
Try to flash the Tynet PCB but stucked with that “AsyncElegantOTA library is deprecated” error and unfortunately i´m not great with PIO.
Thanx for any help.
regards AJ

Check the solution of this issue Can't compile code for my esp32s · Issue #51 · Gifford47/HCPBridgeMqtt · GitHub
If it doesn’t help please open an issue in github.

does it give feedback if the door is closed or not?

Thanks for the hint, does it need any extras or does it work without any hörmann cloud hub?

Maybe do a full clean of the pio project and try again, otherwise do as yannik wrote, open a new issue or try the other solution mentioned.