Hörmann garage door via MQTT

Activity LEDs of the RS485 module should blink if there is traffic. Do the module turn on at all? It might get no power on the RJ port if bus scan does not detect it.

ESP and LM2596S lights are flashing…but those on the TTLtoRS485 are not.

So definitely getting power from the bus (also I can get to the web interface while the bus is powered). I am temped to resolder the TTLtoRS485 but it is mounted under the ESP which makes it hard.

That is a delicate operation indeed. Not sure if you can desolder the pins from the bottom of pcb and slide the RS485 adapter out with the pins…

Hello and thank you for the fantastic work. I plan to buy 4 of these modules as we could equip 4 garages in our own home. I can only order 2 at the most, is that due to the lack of products or is the order quantity generally maximized to 2?

Hörmann also has sensors for the garage drives out of the box. There is an interior sensor, which also measures temperature and humidity. Due to parameters, you can program it so that the door moves to the ventilation position.

You can also install additional external sensors from Hörmann, which also communicate with the door operators and, for example, prevent the doors from opening if the measurements of the outside humidity is higher then from the inner sensors

Can this case also be implemented here?

Hörmann needs an indoor and outdoor sensor for each garage to compare the data. My idea is to implement only one outdoor sensor in the system via Home Assistant, which provides the necessary data.

Any ideas?

Hello, can you also ship to Switzerland ?
Thank you !

yeah just send me a PN or Email :slight_smile:

id be interested to purchase one of these from you but cant see how you do private messaging?

Thanks

if you are inside the EU just use my Shop, see this post from me.
Otherwise outside the Eu snd me an email, you can find the support email on the bottom of my shop as well.

1 Like

If you use Home Assistant, you do not need to integrate the sensors in Hormann. I’m running ESP home firmware using custom ESPhome component from @mapero Esphome-hcpbridge so I can access all sensors that ESPhome supports.

Currently, I am running: BLE tracker to detect ibeacons on my cars and know if they are parked.
A BMP280 (temp/press) while I wait for a new BME680 which gives temperature, atm. pressure, humidity and VOC. And also experimenting with other options…

So getting it to work i asked myself whether it is possible to install the HKSI-1 and the implementation from Tysonpower simultaneously as we already got it installed 4 years ago. I am thinking about something like this.

Do you think it is worth a try or is it pointless since the RS485 Bridge already emulates the HKSI and it will lead into a malfuntion.

not sure if this will work to be honest, the bus system should be able to support multiple devices, if the HKSI-1 or some other adapter you got on the door for that sensor to work uses the same bus id as the firmware that works with my pcb than it will not work i guess.

1 Like

I will give it a shot. Ordered one for 17 bugs. Think this is worth it. Is it somehow possible to read the sensors from the HKSI via Home Assistant then?

Y-Adapter arrived today and it seems that it works simultaniously. Of couse i need to observe it over a longer period of time. Unfortunately, sensors don’t appear although it shows up as an MQTT Integration. Perhaps i am missing something here. Also installation space gets pretty tight.

The adapter costs about 11€ without shipping and atm I’m thinking about whether it makes sense to equip the remaining 3 garages like this.

The HKSI-1 has an inbuild soulution for venting the Garages depending on Temperatur and humidity and of course u need to keep that in mind while configuring automations in order to prevent mutual interference.

Thanks for testing, so the webui works but MQTT deoesen’t? That would be strange, maybe have a look at the mqtt explorer if you can see everything that is wrong or just delete and rediscover the MQTT device in home assistant, maybe this will fix it.

regards,
Manuel

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Everything is okay. I meant the sensors of the HKSI (humidity and Temperature) which are missing but i guess it was naiv to think they would show up.

Garage-3 is the pcb, everything works.
Garage-Door showed up after i installed the y-Adapter so i am thinking it’s the HKSI.
But atm Home Assistant messes up some things because automation and name assignings are mixed up between both devices.

What an awesome project. I got a Hörmann Supramatic P Series 3 with a HKSI-1 here. Currently I am using the HomeMatic Modul in parallel with the HKSI… however I want to kick HomeMatic out for good. I have replaced everything with Shelly in the meantime, the only thing left remaining is the garage door.

What solution can you recommend? I tried to read the whole thread but gave somewhere around the 150th posting…

I got wifi coverage in the garage, I could also add an Ethernet cable if required… wireless is preferred however.

Thanks in advance.

I’m interested,

I finally installed my two garage doors and everything works fine on the WebGUI. I also get frequent messages via MQTT Explorer, but the Device Autodiscovery does not work. I also get an error message regarding a malformed packet:

Any ideas on how to solve the issue?

This is in MQTT Explorer
hcpbridge-xyz
availability = offline
state = “valid”:true,“doorposition”:0,“lamp”:“false”,“doorstate”:“closed”,“detailedState”:“closed”,“vent”:“close”}
position = 0

This is the error message in the logs:
2023-11-25 16:27:47: New client connected from 192.168.178.xxx:60096 as esp32-xxxxxxxxxx (p2, c1, k15, u’mqttuser’).
2023-11-25 16:27:47: Client esp32-xxxxxxxx disconnected due to malformed packet.

Regards,
Dominik

Hello everyone,
I have a WA300 S4 motor - I tested the board from Tysonpower, unfortunately it is not compatible with my WA300 S4 or I can’t get it to work - unfortunately I can’t find the BUS scan in the instructions and unfortunately it doesn’t have a display either - I assume that an older BUS is installed in the WA300. The same as in Series 3.

Does anyone here have more detailed information about this?
Has anyone made this drive “Smart” yet?

Kind regards Florian

never seen this error, but maybe try to set a different device name (if the real name has the same format) without a - in it. So in this case hcpbridgexyz.

The MQTT Explorer Data looks good to me tho, so not sure what the issue is.