Hörmann garage door via MQTT

Hi @all!
I want to introduce and sell my new HCPBridge board for Supramatic E/P and Promatic Series 4. It’s designed for outer compartment installation, so it’s also aware of several sensor data, f.e. DHT22, DS18X20, BME280, MQ4 Gas Sensor (software support coming soon!), ultrasonic sensor HC-SR04 (parking spot detection) and motion sensor HC-SR501.
It’s in use now for over two weeks without problems. The appropriate software is in my git Repo. It worked out of the box. I can also preflash the ESP model (optional).

What feature it provides?

• support of Supramatic E/P Series 4
  • support of Promatic Series 4
  • ESP32 S2 (SMD) included
  • 1x RS485 cable included
  • 1x TTL- RS485 converter
  • ESP S2 and S3 support
  • Preflashed ESP (optional, please contact me)
  • optional external Antenna support (optional, depends on ESP Model)
  • outer compartment installation
  • following sensor support:
    – DHT22
    – DS18X20
    – BME280
    – MQ4 Gas Sensor (software support coming soon!)
    – ultrasonic sensor HC-SR04 (parking spot detection)
    – motion sensor HC-SR501
    – 2 x Input signals with 5V-3V voltage divider
    – 2x opto-isolated outputs with selectable voltage output (5V or 3V)

What’s missing before usage?

• optional pin headers
  • all optional sensors

What’s coming next?
A suitable enclosure :slight_smile:

Where can i get it?
Please send me a PN or an email to [email protected]

2 Likes

Hi,

Someone thinks that it’s possible to “understand” when the door is closing automatically?

I explain: Hormann motor have a switch (or menù) for enable “auto close” of door after X seconds (30,60,90,180s).
So after the door opening red led flash slowly (this means that “countdown” is in progress).
I want to “intercept” the “auto close action” from esp32 in order to perform an action.

Ordered, received and installed.
Works as described, thanks!

1 Like

glad to hear that!

I did some tests, apparently the motor does not “communicate” any “specific” status, when the door is open and the automatic closing “counter” is in progress. (There is always 0x20).
Also during “auto closing” after countdown I saw (0x2 and 0x40).
Anyone have any ideas?

so i guess you got it working?

@Tysonpower is it possible to factory setting board or do i have to reflash it? I changed ip on my router and it didnt want to accept new one so i cant connect to it now

Holding boot button for 5 seconds should reset your preferences. Source

1 Like

thanks so much!

Happy you got it working :slightly_smiling_face:

Has anybody got this working with WA300 S4 motor? I see that this motor is using a bit different expansion board, UAP1-300 and not UAP1-HCP. Hörmann Universal adapter board UAP1-300, cheap | tor7.de It says in the description: The universal adapter board UAP1-300 offered here is intended exclusively for operation on the six-pin bus connection of the industrial door operators (X52). It is unsuitable for the LineaMatic, RotaMatic, ProMatic and SupraMatic door operators. For these drives, the universal adapter boards UAP 1 and UAP 1 HCP are offered with a similar range of functions.

Not sure what is the difference between these boards or connection.

Worst case I can buy UAP1-300 and attach ESP board directly to inputs for door control.

I know that i had one customer that bought one of my Series 4 PCBs. He tried it on the WA300 but they seem to be using the older 3 series protocol from what i understand. So it doesen’t work with the Series 4 Boards.

1 Like

just bought one. can’t wait to connect it as soon as i get it in the mail.

1 Like

Can confirm the latest version works perfectly. thank you @Tysonpower for creating this device.

1 Like

Hi @14yannick, do you still have a board for the Supramatic E3? I would like to have one…
Thanks

Can you please put me on the list as well for the E3 module? Thanks

Hello, do you still have PCB available for Suprmatic 3 ? I’m interested.
Thank you

It would be keen to be aswell on your list as I figure out that I have a Supramatic 3 (and it’s not working with the board of Tysonpowere)

Hi there,
I just had two Hormann Rollmatic T doors installed in my house yesterday. Do you think any of the project PCBs would be compatible with this? There’s a sensor at the bottom of the door connected by a cable which deals with whether the door is closed too so I assume I can possibly Shelly it if not.

@Tysonpower why does the unsecure wifi hotspot from the module remain active when it is connected to a working wifi network? Anyone can open my garage by standing in front of it and connecting to the HCPBRIDGE ssid.