Hörmann garage door via MQTT

Sorry guys for the late response. You can find the ESPhome code for the Hörmann E3 in my Github repo.

If you have any questions or improvements, let me know!

Edith: This is for the PCB variant of @stephan19

1 Like

I brought all the components to make 5 units (most parts had a minimum order quantity).

I will probably see the other 4 for cost + shipping + a beer; but no guarantees when I will get then done. (baby due next week, and moving house next month)

Cool, for which hörmann garagedoor?

Greetz

@fisch55 I was able to find one fork that does work for me and does not trigger gate when ESP (gate) boots or is reconnected:

But now, my push button (physical) does not work, which is a bit strange as I had that sometimes with previous forks, but powering off/on gate after scanning bus helped, or remove HCPBridge and scan bus again usually resolved it. Not now. I am also unable to find any setting in manual that would prevent push button when bus accessory is attached.

1 Like

I am doing the Supramatic 4, with the hardware design from vladimirzrnic

I was experimenting a bit. When I loaded code from pboschi, button starts to work, but again, gate triggers when ESP is started or reconnects. Then I put back code from MCLW and even button worked again.
So looks like MCLW’s repo works ok, it just does not report position and you can’t set it either.
I am not very good at writing code, but seems like I need mixture of both versions. I will try to remove some of unnecessary code from main from pboschi’s code - maybe there is something extra, some checks that could fail or act differently, which results in that undesired triggering.

I settled for MCLW’s fork, which works for me without issues, except that it does not report position.
I guess my skills aren’t that great to add it, and truth is, I don’t necessarily need it, I anyway open and/or close the gate only.

Thx for testing and helping. Maybe someone of the codewriter could help?

I opened an issue on Dr.Pat’s github, but does not seem like he is actively visiting it. MCLW’s repo does not have option to open an issue.
However right now, with MCLW’s, I just cannot use slider. Everything else works.

1 Like

Do I have to change only the config.h file with my mqtt. Nothing more to do - right?

Today I get all the stuff.

But it did not work.
BUS Scan did not find the bridge.
Maybe it ist the wrong ESP - ESP32-D0WD-V3.

ESP flashed and the bridge is reachable to set wifi…

Anyone an Idea?

Both LED are red lightning.

maybe you could show few more detailed photos how it is wired together? Which code did you use? Are you able to reach web interface of HCPBridge (if your code uses it?). How are you connecting it to the gate?

Which code did you use pboschi/HCPBridgeMqtt

you able to reach web interface of HCPBridge yes

How are you connecting it to the gate? I’ll post it later. Have to do it new…

I get your designed board: THX…
Two Questions…

Do I have to change the dr.pats code for your design?(only changed Matt part)

Code:

If I’m not mistaken, you only need to update the MQTT segment.

Hardware:

1. Make sure you solder EOL resistor 120ohm
  2. Make sure you solder the RJ12 socket and use a 1:1 cable
  3. Please confirm if TTL to RS485 is installed (you can’t tell from the image above).
  4. Please set the output voltage on DC-DC step-down module to 5VDC

Can you please share a few pictures of your build to make sure everything is OK?

Once everything is ready, please connect PCBA to Supramatic 4 and run BUS scanning to find the device on address 1.

Ordered 1:1 rj12 cable .
I have to find out how to set it up …

Check out the connector pinout in my previous posts.

Hi there!

I basically have the same problem like @fisch55 .
I have installed the @Dr.Pat MQTT version on the board by @vladimirzrnic.

I have flashed the software on to the ESP. I could connect to it and set up the WLAN and the ESP gets his IP address inside the network.

But when I connect the ESP with an 1:1 RJ12 cable it gets not found by the hoermann Supramax 4 bus scan.

• I connected the PCBA directly to the Supramax 4 via RJ12 1:1 cable.
  • I run the BUS scan on address 1
  • The PCBA gets the power and the output voltage is 5 VDC.

After a couple of seconds the Supramax 4 shows ‘0’ on its display and returns to programm 37 and turns off the power to the PCBA again.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Can you please share PCB assembly photos (front & back)?

Thanks,
Vlad

ESP works and receives power over the rj12. once it fires up I can see the device in mqtt but it receives no data. (unkown) and seconds later the Supramax 4 disconnects it from the power again