How do you get the "Profile" settings to save

how do you get the “Profile” settings to save… when i click the user name and change the “Default” page and also “EDIT” the hide sidebar items… there is no “SAVE” as i figured it auto saves but it doesnt… how do i save so it doesnt keep going to “Overview” page and that the sidebar items i deleted stay hidden

none of my home assistants have a save for profile page… and none of them if you change and log out will it save the settings

i trying to make a phone user id…
i made phone user
and i deleted all the tabs on the left except the 1 page i want and scheduler… i click done i figure it should save but once i log out it restores all the tabs in the side panel and goes back to overview

It does for me. At least until I clear my browser history (the settings are stored in cookies).

Do you have your browser set to clear it’s history when closed perhaps?

This also has to be set for each web browser. There is no global setting for this.

i not sure… so what i tested as i was trying to set it up on my sisters phone… i disabled all the pages to not allow “phone” user to see pages but constantly goes to overview… didnt like that… but cant test at moment my sister testing each time she logs out it goes back to overview… and i noticed the user phone at the bottom doesnt always show up…

and i tried this on the computer both chrome and IE as soon as i log out i have the issue…
i dont think i have broswer clear history…

i guess i gotta do more testing… it be nice if you could also save to a user… so say you had 4 phones… all u do is just login with “user phone” and it would just automatically goto the phone page… for temp i copied the phone page to the main “Overview” page as it was getting frustrating i was getting annoyed cuz on her iphone it just doesnt wanna 100% work right and i tried to do it from the browser set it so she can just log in… but if you say it does cookies that doesnt help me…

as i wanted to do is i setup a user account turn off amin and just let her log in… and it be pre set… but guess not so simple… as the buttons and tabls doesnt work properly on her iphone i not sure which one it is… i was telling her how to set it… and she sent me sreen shots that it wasnt working…

but is there a way to save it? instead of using cookies?..

cuz it changes as soon as you click the “logout” it resets very frustrating…

1 Like