Zwave/zigbee siren still not working in HA

I think I need to get one to work with HA now

You can already today…?

1. This is not a WTH subforum related post.
  2. Your post makes little sense.
  3. You can already get z-wave and zigbee sirens, which work with HA.

Sorry, I mean zwave/zigbee siren still not working on HA.

I have 1 working… zwave

ZHA supports Zigbee sirens… I use one in my home.

Which devices you got?

I search the forum and not able to find much report on how to get it to work.

https://www.amazon.com/Zigbee-Strobe-Flash-Siren-Power/dp/B07DCPZ2JZ

ZHA has device actions and services that can be used in integrations to invoke the siren.

1 Like

And I supposed once we migrate to Open z-wave, we have OZW1.6 so zwave one will work?

My two Aeotec Sirens work on good old Zwave (not the new beta) and always did. In fact they are the few Z-wave devices I still have. They worked from day one. I hardly had to take them out of the box before they had paired and they never disconnected. Unlike my Aeotec door/window sensors that were a nightmare and the main reason I moved to Zigbee (Deconz)

@KennethLavrsen do you got the gen5 or gen6? I read in one thread that it’s not working for someone as recent as May

see Support for Aeotec Siren 6

@dmulcahey I am seeing here saying need to use Deconz / Conbee with a script

How to get Heiman Siren with ZHA to work

I have a nortek zwave+zigbee…

Ah.OK I am on Gen 5.

I have not paid attention to Z-wave lately. It is a technology I am eliminating. I will build my own MQTT / ESP8266 based Sirens and then I have only two Aeotec multisensors left that I do not really need.

And then bye-bye Z-wave for me.

1 Like

Def not the case. I am the developer that added support to ZHA for them :slight_smile: and I have the nortek stick as well.

1 Like

That script is a service call… that is one way. There is also the device action that I mentioned

good to know… I might give that a try.

But I need to see how to run the power to it, since I need to place it somewhere not easy to reach in the case of some one break in my condo. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yeah… I think I want to escape the zwave world too. I only have 2 devices (a monoprice door sensor, and a heiman temp/hum sensor)

This works fine for me with ozw:

€ 22,29 20%OFF | Neo Coolcam Z-Wave Plus Sirene Alarm Sensor Compatibel with Z-Wave 300 Serie and 500 Serie home Automation

Multiple sounds, on off, etc.

1 Like