How to work with HLK-LD1115H and Wemos D1 Mini for Human Presence Detection

Can someone explain what the individual buttons mean and what they set?
thanks

@rainchi
Hi,
Would it be possible for you to describe the control variables and units they use? It’s kinda hard for new user to understand how to configurate the device and what does the variables do. It would be great if you found the time for this.

Also I wanted to ask if it is possible to set energy targets for LD2410 (from what i read it should be possible) and if it would be possible to add them to configuration variables.

Once again, Thank you so much for the integration it works perfectly. I understand you don’t have a lot of spare time and its kinda lot to ask so if I can help you somehow to make it even better let me know :slight_smile: .

1 Like

What do you mean by energy target ? As far as I understand it does not look possible. Allowed config fully described in doc does not mention such feature or I missed something. Can you elaborate ?

I just tried to configure the sensor.
After trying the setting buttons, suddenly all the entities are unknown.
Nothing can be undone. Tried another D1 mini and still the same. The only thing that works is the output from the LD2410 sensor, but not the uart communication.
Some idea? The sensor configuration program cannot be installed on win10
Error: The code could not run because MSVCR100.dll was found

I have the same Problem with ld2410b and esp8266, all sensors are unknown:

I used the configuration from this thread.
I edited the yaml for my esp D1 mini board and the uart and sensor communication works. D1 mini and the sensor works even when I try to change the settings and test. Everything looks good so far.

I have multiple m5stack atom-lite devices and LD1115H radars. I shamelessly stole configuration entries both from this forum and from the “official” BT-proxy image to combine the two. To save the next person some time.

3 Likes

May I ask how reliable your setup is?
Thank you

I originally used Tasmota32 with this radar, which was about the same. Then I realized I could do more with my Atoms and re-did them into ESPhome. Keeping in mind that the radar itself is not ideal for dealing with sitting-and-breathing people - there are no problems.

@Mosher can You upload this case as stl ? or share link with case 3d print ?

+1 I also see all sensors as “Unknown” after I upload the binary

I use the yaml from HERE

What can be the issue?

I got several LD2410B sensors and found that the easiest settings will be using the Android App and then use the ESP module only as a binary sensor. I tried the App Hlkradar. The sensor finds via BT and displayed the settings and graphs of sensitivity, energy, distance zones and everything can be easily set and tested.

I also have the same issue, all sensors are “Unknown” but sensor works fine according to the app

Hello again. I just received the LD2410 and noticed the pins are tiny!! How are you connecting them? Solder or connector. Will these JSTconnector work? You mentioned the distance is 1.27mm, but the description is 1.25. I will be following your guide from here.

Is it possible to test this?

Solder. Delicate hands :wink:

Post a screen shot of the sensors.

Hi sebcaps,
Glad you got this working at the first attempt. How about you share a little bit about what you’re doing right that the rest of us are not?

Like others posting here, I see lots of details in the ESPHome log. I see successful WiFi connect, the results of adjusting the controls, all sorts of debug-level goodness. It’s beautiful, but no sensor values.

What’s a noob to do?

Thanks!

Check out Andreas’s video on this sensor. You will learn about the manufacturer’s tools, and the concepts of the distance and energy levels. 24GHz Radar Presence Detector that Works (LD2410) - YouTube
Good luck!

1 Like

Hello, @Larz , can you please share your yaml config, logs and wiring? No magic here. It has been reported working successfully for many people on different platform (esp8266, ESP32), so it should work for you as well.
Maybe have a look to doc may help you as well.

1 Like