How to work with HLK-LD1115H and Wemos D1 Mini for Human Presence Detection

Did someone got this working for the LD2410?

Once I upload the .yaml from the repository, the ESP8266 goes offline and can’t connect to the wifi again. It is working with stock ESPhome-software. I also got this warning message during, which might be related to the WiFi-problem after uploading. Anybody got a clue?

@Ellays Hi, I’m the author of github repo (GitHub - rain931215/ESPHome-LD2410: ESPHome LD2410 mmWave Radar Sensor Custom Component).
These warning should not affect the wifi, it is about the conversion between int and char.
can you share how you connect the ld2410 to esp, is it connected to hardware TX and RX on esp8266?

1 Like

Thx for the reply! Really appreciate it.

This is how I connected it. I made sure to double check that RX <-> TX and TX <-> Rx. Should this work?

EDIT: To add. Once I upload ld2410.yaml to the D1, it loses connection and is unresponsive. This is not the case when I upload the stock ESPHome firmware. Hence my suspicion that something with the ld2410.yaml

2 Likes

Thank you, works great! Great job!! :wink:

Hello @rainchi, you did a great job, really appreciate it. Works like a charm at the 1st attempt!
Did you consider implementing this as a native component in esp home (ie without need of extra .h file in the config)?
Is there any technical limitations doing so ? (As far as I can see most, not to say all, proximity sensor support performed using extra H file and not natively).
I may give a help if needed. :wink:

Did you find out why this is happening?

Hey, I’m having the same issue. Except I am using this board.

GPIO16 RX2 is connected to TX on the LD2410.
GPIO17 TX2 is connected to RX on the LD2410.

Thanks for all your work on this.

1 Like

Hi Rainchi,
I’ve fixed the wiring and got the ESP working, but all the Sensors stay “Unknown” (see screenshot, Onbekend == Unknown). Do you have any idea what would case this?

As per the LD2410-manual, the baud-rate should be 256000. Also, can you explain how/when to use the Turn on config mode & Turn off config mode and such?

1 Like

I supplied 5V from the 5V-power supply directly instead of the board.

I have planned to make this a native component
but I am too busy on these days
will do it next month.

1 Like

@Ellays Would you like to share your esphome yaml?
I will check if there is any problem in it

Finally, I gave a try and it sounds good :blush:. PR in progress, just need to write doc.
For sure, you 'll be credited since I extensively use your code and wrapped it into custom component structure. Feel free to have a look and contribute if you want.

3 Likes

Just wanted to say thanks for a great component.
Build and configuration successful on first try.
I will test now.

Can someone explain what the individual buttons mean and what they set?
thanks

@rainchi
Hi,
Would it be possible for you to describe the control variables and units they use? It’s kinda hard for new user to understand how to configurate the device and what does the variables do. It would be great if you found the time for this.

Also I wanted to ask if it is possible to set energy targets for LD2410 (from what i read it should be possible) and if it would be possible to add them to configuration variables.

Once again, Thank you so much for the integration it works perfectly. I understand you don’t have a lot of spare time and its kinda lot to ask so if I can help you somehow to make it even better let me know :slight_smile: .

1 Like

What do you mean by energy target ? As far as I understand it does not look possible. Allowed config fully described in doc does not mention such feature or I missed something. Can you elaborate ?

I just tried to configure the sensor.
After trying the setting buttons, suddenly all the entities are unknown.
Nothing can be undone. Tried another D1 mini and still the same. The only thing that works is the output from the LD2410 sensor, but not the uart communication.
Some idea? The sensor configuration program cannot be installed on win10
Error: The code could not run because MSVCR100.dll was found

I have the same Problem with ld2410b and esp8266, all sensors are unknown:

I used the configuration from this thread.
I edited the yaml for my esp D1 mini board and the uart and sensor communication works. D1 mini and the sensor works even when I try to change the settings and test. Everything looks good so far.

I have multiple m5stack atom-lite devices and LD1115H radars. I shamelessly stole configuration entries both from this forum and from the “official” BT-proxy image to combine the two. To save the next person some time.

3 Likes