HTC Flip Clock with weather

Works great again with that latest version, but problem is the size: in some views it works fine, in some views it´s overlapping with the adjacent card. If there´s a chance it would be great to have weekday, day number and month on the same view? At the moment it needs to be shown in a different card. Also, if you´re updating localisation, Finnish would be great! Even if I use HA in English, I´d like to show it to other family members in local language.

'fi': {
	monthNames: ['Tammi', 'Helmi', 'Maalis', 'Huhti', 'Touko', 'Kesä', 'Heinä', 'Elo', 'Syys', 'Loka', 'Marras', 'Joulu'],
	dayNames: ['Su', 'Ma', 'Ti', 'Ke', 'To', 'Pe', 'La'],
	lang: 'fi'

I pointed this out on November 29, 2020, that the card overlapped. A few posts above. No fix yet, I’ve stopped using the card yet because it looks bad on the wall tablet.

Hi Bogdan,
Can you create a blueprint for this clock?

I’ve spent way too much time trying to figure out how to get this to work… could use a better write up as this isn’t very clear and neither is his github readme .

whats the problem, errors? I had an issue “Custom element not found: htc-weather-card” but needed to add the esources to Configuration > Lovelace Dashboards > Resources not in the ui-lovelace.yaml
works well apart from the size

I figured out a different one which I like. But I think I know what I was doing wrong so we can ignore.
Basically its a multi step configuration… 1) add to HACS 2) add to resources 3) add a custom card to your dashboard…

maybe a stupid question but how do I use this clock? I’ve added it to the resources but I can’t find it

'no':{
		monthNames: ['Jan', 'Feb', 'Mar', 'Apr', 'Mai', 'Jun', 'Jul', 'Aug', 'Sep', 'Okt', 'Nov', 'Des'],
		dayNames: ['Søn', 'Man', 'Tir', 'Ons', 'Tor', 'Fre', 'Lør'],
		lang: 'no'
        windDirections: [‘N’,‘NNØ’,‘NØ’,‘ØNØ’,‘Ø’,‘ØSØ’,‘SØ’,‘SSØ’,‘S’,‘SSV’,‘SV’,'VSV’,‘V’,‘VNV’,‘NV’,‘NNV’,‘N’],
	}

Nice job. Here’s the Norwegian regional

could you also add the wind directions?
windDirections: [‘N’,‘NNE’,‘NE’,‘ENE’,‘E’,‘ESE’,‘SE’,‘SSE’,‘S’,‘SSW’,‘SW’,‘WSW’,‘W’,‘WNW’,‘NW’,‘NNW’,‘N’],

did you check the github installation page?

I can’t get you card to work either, but it looks cool. I updated my NO translate above.

check you console and tell me what it says there, please

@ibBogdan
thank you for programming this card.
Is it possible to integrate german language, when you find some time?

'de': {
		monthNames: ['Jan', 'Feb', 'Mär', 'Apr', 'Mai', 'Jun', 'Jul', 'Aug', 'Sept', 'Okt', 'Nov', 'Dez'],
		dayNames: ['So', 'Mo', 'Di', 'Mi', 'Do', 'Fr', 'Sa'],
		lang: 'de'
        windDirections: ['N','NNO','NO','ONO','O','OSO','SO','SSO','S','SSW','SW','WSW','W','WNW','NW','NNW','N'],
	},

Regards
Peer

Happily using this clock but in the Lovelace resources, had to use
/local/custom_ui/htc-weather/htc-flipclock-weather.js

instead of
/local/custom_ui/htc-weather/htc-flipclock-weather.js?v1.2.0
from the wiki.

BTW, I’m using this on a nightstand tablet, planing to replace my alarm clock. I’d like to invert the numbers so they are white & the background dark. I’m playing around with the *.png files but would be awesome if this were a coded option.

EDIT: are the digit images cached somewhere, because I replaced all the clock folders images with dark version, yet some remnants still remain? I restarted the HA VM also.

I feel like such a noob, but I’ve replaced all the clock digit png’s with light ones (dusk and default folders), and all backgrounds with dark, but yet there is a mismatch of dark and light digits, and at night the background turns white. Where are these images coming from?

EDIT: Appears SOLVED! Even though I was using a few different devices, I had to clear my Chrome cache.

1 Like

Hey, looking for some help if possible. I have managed to get the clock working but keeping getting a “fetching weather” message and never fetches the weather. I have tried different weather inergrations but none of them work. In my logs I am getting the following error code
-Logger: frontend.js.latest.202112150
Source: components/system_log/init.py:189
http://192.168.xx.xxx:8123/local/custom_ui/htc-weather/htc-flipclock-weather.js:642:22 NotSupportedError: Cannot define multiple custom elements with the same tag name.

Any help grateful received

Solved - Had duplicate files in the custom UI folder and then in the custom card folder.

ßI get allways the error “Custom element doesn’t exist: htc-weather-card.” wath I’m doing wrong ?

Hello,
I can’t configure the module. This is my yaml is configuration and the card :

I do not understand anything anymore

Anyone else lost the weather portion of this card? I’ve been away, so it may have been for some days.