HTML5: step "Getting ready for Chrome", pls help!

Hi, I’m also having difficulties with the step of verifying the domain (duckdns). This thread is very helpful however I can’t locate the …\components\frontend…\index.html to add in the metatag as per Molodax posts.

I’ve installed home assistant using the all-in-one installer and the only file directories in my \homeassistant\ directory are '.homeassistant and ‘.cache’

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

@Scaevity, check this or similar path: /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/frontend/templates

When trying to verify domain, letsencrpyt places file on your webserver then attempts to view that file…

SO
1.Let’s encrypt puts file on server at /var/www/letsencrypt/checkfile (for example)
2.lets encrypt checks file present at http://your domain/letsencrypt/checkfile
3.if file found, domain is controlled by you

If having issues verifying domain you should place a file at /var/www/letsencrypt/testfile(for example), then verify the file is accessible from your domain.

You must know where letsencrypt is placing the file or there is a method to specify where the file will be placed.

@tmjpugh
Thank you for your detailed explanation, however, the issue is about component HTML5 notify and the necessity to verify domain for Google. It is not a question about letsencrypt.

@Molodax
I Misread somewhere…Apology

@ih8gates
I use this automation for html5

- alias: 'Ring My Bell'
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: binary_sensor.doorbell
      to: 'on'
  action:
    - service: notify.html5
      data:
        data:
          tag: "Doorbell"
          actions:
            - action: "button 1"
              url: "https://mysite.com/api/camera_proxy/camera.mycarmera?api_password=mypassword"

I found that Firefox has less requirements for testing so until you get a message sent it may be better to remove all “Chrome” user agents from html5_push_registrations.conf and test with firefox only.
for me, when chrome fails due to configuration issues it would not send to Firefox browsers
Actions will not work in firefox I believe…fyi

Good to know, however, it’s a bit off topic since its not a browser issue or question regarding configuration. It’s rather a limitation of current implementation the component in HASS and poorly written instructions.

1 Like

@Molodax, thank you! Found the index.htm file exactly where you said it’d be.

I’m very much an amateur here and first time using a linux OS so I appreciate you taking the time to spell it out.

1 Like

I am trying to set this up but get ‘403: Forbidden’ when I try to verify my domain using https:\myduckdnsname.duckdns.org:8123/local as per the instructions

Can someone please help me here?

So it seems the docs are little out, but I found my way to the google domain verification, now getting 404: not found when trying to test the file upload. It is definitely there… so I’m thinking its an access issue.

perhaps related to this. Unfortunately I need to wait until I can power cycle my RPi :smirk:

I have managed to get the HTML5 domain verification stuff done but…

I cant get the slider to switch on with my HassIO install where I have just now set up the HTML5 component. As far as I’m aware I have completed all the prerequisites, domain has been verified and HTML details listed under notify.yaml

can someone please help me?