Ikea Dirigera integration

Could you develop integration for IKEA DIRIGERA gateway as it was done in a past for TRADFRI gateway?

I believe the IKEA DIRIGERA Hub still counts as part of the IKEA Trådfri family and if so the existing IKEA tradfri integration component should probably be extended to support it too in addition to the existing IKEA Trådfri Gateway. At least IKEA has choosen to not release a seperate app for it and instead added support for it in the existing IKEA Home smart app.

https://about.ikea.com/en/newsroom/2022/10/24/ikea-introduces-dirigera-and-the-new-ikea-home-smart-app

https://about.ikea.com/en/newsroom/2022/05/25/ikea-launches-dirigera-the-matter-ready-hub-for-smart-products-and-a-new-ikea-home-smart-app

It seems like the original app was renamed to Home Smart 1 (for Trådfri),
And the new app for Dirigere is now called Home Smart ?

3 Likes

Yes, that’s right new gateway has app called as smart home and to support old tradfri gateway there is another app with this number one. Both apps are supporting different gateways, so for sure new integration is needed.
Anyway I tried to use tradfri integration in ha, however it is not working.

1 Like

When, will the DIRIGERA Hub integrated in Homeassistant?

7 Likes

I’m not quite figured out here yet,
what must do step by step to connect the Ikea digigera?

1 Like

I have a feeling that we’ll have to wait for IKEA to fully support matter - and then use that as the integration.
I could be wrong…

1 Like

Whatever works first

So to be clear, Home Assistant does not currently support the Ikea Dirigera hub? and there is no idea when it will be supported?

1 Like

It it supporting somehow via homekit, but I have visible only lights, no remote. Maybe before for tradfri remote were not so useful, but at least you have seen battery status.

We have to wait for Matter/Thread integration

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Once both HA and the Dirigera support Matter/Thread they don’t need Homekit anymore :slight_smile:

Has anyone found a way to connect it? I use Android, so homekit doesn’t work for me, it’s very frustrating this

1 Like

Just put it on the same network as your HA and it will pop-up. Has nothing to do with Android or Apple…

I just got it working after a few tries!
Steps I took:

1. I reset the Dirigera Hub to start from scratch (I also removed the hub from the Homekit-app)
  2. Added diregera hub again in Ikea’s own app and all the lights.
  3. Added Homekit as an Integration in the Ikea-app.
  4. Open up Home Assistant and add Homekit Controller integration.
  5. The dirigera hub will be found and ready to be integrated.

I found this thread stating that for Homekit controller to find the Dirigera hub, it can’t be connected to Homekit also. Home Kit Devices Not showing in Home Assistant - #2 by robertklep

Hope it helps someone.

1 Like

Wait, so I need the Homekit integration in HA even though I don’t have Apple devices nor Apple Homekit? I am so confused.

I just checked the Ikea app and I only have Google and Amazon listed as possible integrations. Is that because I am on an Android phone?

Trying to get it to work with HomeKit doesn’t work for me, I don’t know how any of the HomeKit stuff works.

Any news on this? I am dying for a direct integration. Had so bad connectivity issues with the old TRÅDFRI hub, and now I moved to an house with 2 floors, and knew I needed something better. I bought the Dirigera hub, and it have been working flawlessly for me. So much more reliable than the TRÅDFRI hub, but now I cant use Home Assistant any more -_-

4 Likes

This doesn’t work for me

I am wanting to make an integration for this for a while now since I know there are a lot of people waiting on this. Except I don’t have the device, so if someone is in the Netherlands and can miss it for a few weeks I can take a look and make a native way to use the integration.

4 Likes