IKEA Tradfri - Batteries in the remote controls are quickly discharged

So just to understand this is an issue with the Zigbee coordinator firmware. Nothing to do with Tasmota or ZHA/Home assistant?

For me the bug was in HAā€¦ Prior to the fix released about a month ago my battery lasted maybe a weekā€¦ Now, having upgraded to the latest HA Iā€™ve still got 100% a month on.

Having said that, some people are still having the issue, so not sure what is going on there.

Another update:

My ikea switch battery died within 1 week, with my last setup, using Homeassistant 2021.4.6 and the Sonoff zibee bridge with the firmware ncp-uart-sw-6.7.8_115200.ota and Tasmota 9.3.1.1

Now I am on Homeassistant 2021.5.4 and I installed the new firmware ncp-uart-nsw_6.7.9_115200.ota with tasmota 9.4 yesterday.

I really hope this time its fixed :roll_eyes:

Im having the same problem - tradfri switch battery drain connected to a tasmota sonoff hub.

I know this isnt really the thread for it but im guessing a few of you are trying the same thing - ive updated tasmota to 9.4.0.4 but when i try to update to ncp-uart-nsw_6.7.9_115200.ota I get ā€˜failed - invalid file signatureā€™ - ive tried downloading the file a couple of times, and this is after issuing the command

Backlog Weblog 3; so65 1; Module 75

Am I missing something?

Hi.

To update the firmware I used the same command as you and it worked.

Backlog Weblog 3; so65 1; Module 75

You can try to install a lower version of tasmota and see if it works. Then upgrade to 9.4 again.

1 Like

Hi Kafka. As most in this thread, I own 2 Ikea remotes (Ikea E1743 TRƅDFRI On/Off Switch & Dimmer and Ikea E1744 SYMFONISK Rotary Remote). They both loose batteries within 24-48h even with A grade CR2032. They are connected to a Tasmotized Sonoff hub running latest 9.4.0.4 and HA (running latest 2021.5.4) via ZHA integration. A few months ago I updated zibee bridge with the firmware ncp-uart-sw-6.7.8_115200.ota without any improvements. Actually after updating I had to re-pair all +100 devices as they became non-responsive. Just to be sure and to try the latest ncp-uart-nsw_6.7.9_115200.ota did you update via backend using " Upgrade by file upload" method and after success issued command ā€œBacklog Weblog 3; so65 1; Module 75ā€? After that did you have to restart HA and all your devices remained paired? Did you already noticed any improvement on Ikea remotes? Thanks for sharing your experience.

Same problem here, tradfri switch battery drain connected to a tasmota sonoff hub.

Hi jpleite,

I upgraded using the ā€˜Upgrade by file uploadā€™, after running the command Backlog Weblog 3; so65 1; Module 75 and it worked fine.

After that I issued the following command, as mentioned in here.

backlog rule1 on system#boot do TCPStart 8888 endon ; rule1 1 ;* *template {"NAME":"Sonoff ZHABridge","GPIO":[56,208,0,209,59,58,0,0,0,0,0,0,17],"FLAG":0,"BASE":18} ; module 0

I restarted HA and I did not had to repair my devices.
Just the ikea switch since I had it removed before.

But the battery died already after only 1 day, so itā€™s not fixed for me.
I donā€™t know whatā€™s wrong. If I find some new information I will post it here.

1 Like

Thanks @kafka for your detailed information. Itā€™s a shame ncp-uart-nsw_6.7.9_115200.ota does not solve the issue. Had also a borrowed 5-button Ikea remote. It also dies in 24h. So clearly thereā€™s an issue between Ikea remotes, sonoff bridge and zha/ha integration.

No problem.
I will keep trying to find a solution and will update here if something changes.

I also have this battery drain issue, running a Sonoff Zigbee Bridge with Tasmota. I have a Nortek HUSBZB-1 usb stick which I could use insteadā€¦ does this issue also occur with other coordinators such as HUSBZB-1? I am also willing to change to zigbee2mqtt for the Tradfri remotes if required. Please let me know what would be the best alternative.

cheers
Joe

Still have this issue with my 2 IKEA remotes : batteries last for 10 to 30 days max.
I donā€™t use Tasmota.
My remotes are connected using Zigbee2MQTT.

I think the issue is related to the sonoff zigbee bridge firmware.
So you it should be ok with the HUSBZB-1 but it would be great if you can test and report back here.
I am tempted to get a new coordinator so it would be nice to have a confirmation that it works.

Smartthings has this problem now too. IKEA battery powered buttons die within 48 hrs if paired with Smartthings hub. Smartthings forum lit up with this problem about 30 days ago with the latest upgrade.

Iā€™ve just seen in Zigbee2MQTT that both my 2-button IKEA switches have an OTA upgrade proposal.
I think I will try to do it and see if that changes thingsā€¦

1 Like

My Ikea buttons are all on 2.20.10.631ā€¦ I think that is the latest firmwareā€¦ Problem remains.
Firmware 2.20.08.631 also has this problem.

My button is still going strong @ 100% battery after 2 monthsā€¦ Prior to the fix in HA it was empty within a few daysā€¦ I find it strange that some of you are still reporting issues - for me the fix seems to have sorted the problemā€¦

Can you provide some details on which Zigbee adapter and integration software you are using?

Which fix in HA are you referring to?

@pjn77 , im referring to this fix:

• Implement Ignore list for poll control configuration on Ikea devices (@Adminiuga - #48667 )

It was implemented back in 2021.4 and fixed the problem for me.

1 Like