Install HA on a Mac M2 with UTM

Hello,
I would like to install HA on a MacBook Air with UTM
So I installed UTM then followed the procedure
The problem is that when I launch my virtual machine I have this message

However, I seem to have set the parameters correctly.

Where did I go wrong? Thanks in advance

I haven’t done this on UTM but I have an M2 running VMWare Fusion (it’s free for personal use) and it works great - a huge upgrade from my previous rPi. There is a VMWare build available too, just load it up and restore your backup.

Hi O_4x4
Sorry I looked on the Internet but I did not find a tutorial that explains the installation via VMware Fusion ? And which VMware version to download! Because I did not find for macOS

I think you missed unarchiving the image. You downloaded essentially a zip file, just open it and archiver will unarchive it.

Those Vmware Instructions are for Windows - though I can’t see why it would be much different on a mac.

I’ve tried the same but the VM fails to boot. Checking the vmdx file I can already see the efi setting there, what else am I missing?

Hoping to do a fresh HA install via Vmware Fusion on an M1 Mac Mini.

I don’t recall that I had to do anything special with the vmdx, I seem to remember that it just worked when I attached it to a virtual machine. In fact I’m pretty sure I still have that vmdx that I downloaded and have used on on several other VM’s for development, testing and so forth.

Are you using them on Apple Silicon machines? This is what I get when booting.

Also hey! Not sure if you remember me from the Indigo days, you’re the one who helped me get switched over to Home Assistant in the first place, just want to say thanks again man!

1 Like

I don’t use the M1, so that may be the difference. A quick search came up with this result which might be useful:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Apple_Silicon_VMware_Guide

I remember and I’m glad to see you still on it, I wasn’t sure you stuck with HA!