Installation of Hassio on Synology NAS

Great news. I will test is tonight!

goo job :微笑:

Following the instructions on the gist, two containers were created in the docker. The hass.io section has appeared in the web interface, but nothing is passed to it, and after a while the message appears…

Run on ds218+

It works perfect. The only addon that doesn’t work is pi-hole.

UPD. after reinstall all work!

1 Like

What is wrong with pi-hole?

What is UPD?

I’m currently working on a native package to get hass.io installed as a Synology application, stay tuned :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I get an error at pi-hole:

[cont-init.d] 31-pihole-ftl.sh: executing... 
Failed to set capabilities on file `/usr/bin/pihole-FTL' (Not supported)
usage: setcap [-q] [-v] [-n <rootid>] (-r|-|<caps>) <filename> [ ... (-r|-|<capsN>) <filenameN> ]

Note <filename> must be a regular (non-symlink) file.
[cont-init.d] 31-pihole-ftl.sh: exited 1.
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] 99-message.sh: executing... 
-----------------------------------------------------------
                Oops! Something went wrong.

We are so sorry, but something went terribly wrong when
 starting or running this add-on.

Be sure to check the log above, line by line, for hints.
-----------------------------------------------------------

A synology package would be great!

Great progress @fredrike! I hope to try it out this weekend. Looking forward to Syno package. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure what kind of error that is. It does not look like an Synology issue.

Looking forward to your release a Synology hassio docker package

And we have a package!

There are still things to tweak but this should get you started. The package is just a wrapper around the commands on gist.
I highly recommend that you create a share to store the data in (configured via the installation dialog).

3 Likes

Perfect! I am gonna try it! I will let you know!

Update:
It works perfect!

Maybe an option to add a option to add usb devices?

1 Like

What do you mean? Ain’t you able to access USB-devices? Which in particular?

FIY: For anyone still getting the blank hass.io (entrypoint.js) page after installing this package. Make sure you have “enable user home service” unchecked in your Synology settings (Control Panel -> User -> advanced tab)

It appears that having this checked will create the $DATA environment variable that the package installation scrips need to use instead. Since the variable name is already in use the scripts will fail.
Please correct me if I’m wrong about that but turning it off appears to have fixed it for me.

1 Like

I’m not using the $DATA variable. But, there is an issue with the start-up script I’m working on an updated version.

Edit: New version, hassio_x64-6.1_20190701-alpha.spk is available.

Edit2: The file have been updated and should work now.

1 Like

Startup failure

Can not start. 20190628 version start successful, but hassio tab is blank :frowning:

After uncheck “enable user home service”, hass.io menu appeared ^^. Playing with 20190628 version while waiting 20190701 get fixed.
I can’t find the config folder and configuration.yaml to apply my old setting. Please help!

Oh, sorry about that. I had a power outage so I never managed to test it before shipping.

Will try to update the latest version.

Regarding hassio access, it turns out that the hassio-container stops and I think that is the issue. I’m having a hard time to see that the user folders would affect.

How have you configured the data location when you did the installation? I highly recommend that you create a share and store the configuration (data dir) there.

1 Like

Hi, I moved everything this weekend from home assistant (with synology docker) to hassio with your package and everything works (Synology ref : DS418Play) !

Thanks a lot for your work

2 Likes