Installing Home Assistant Supervised on Raspberry Pi OS

Not working

Care to elaborate?

This doesnā€™t help describe what issue you might be facing.

yeah that is true, I lost connection when I reset my modem assigning a static IP to my Raspberry pi. The Think is I follow the instructions and I am not getting hassio running on a docker container

I just get This site canā€™t be reached when I try to get https://<raspberry.ip>:8123

I would suggest this is your issue then. Format your SSD/SD and start over.

Easier to start over, it takes 30mins from start to finish.

I just ran everything to test on my test Pi, and have everything up and running, so you have caused the error.

I used your Guide with an Fresh Ubuntu 18 and snapshoted my old Hassio and everything works Perfect and i can install other Programs thats rly nice thx for that.

When HA gets an update i should be able to just do it with that instalation or will it make Problems?

Hi, ima noob hereā€¦ managed to follow all the steps less the last oneā€¦ any help or advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

First try again. A tls hhandshake timout can happen, can be just an intermittent internet problem.

I have the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

I updated yesterday from a perfectly working 0.113.2 to 0.114 using the upgrade function in Supervisor.
After some waiting, I noticed HA was not coming back.

I uninstalled it all (I have automatic backups on Google Drive) using the info in Can't Remove Docker Containers

I then tried a fresh install using this Guide and script, without succes!
Script runs fine, but the HA docker image is not installed.
I looked into the hassio_supervisor logs in Docker, and I get this

0-08-14 04:36:02 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.updater] Fetch update data from https://version.home-assistant.io/stable.json

20-08-14 04:36:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.updater] Can't process version data: 'null'

20-08-14 04:36:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Found no information about Home Assistant. Retry in 30sec

Can someone help me out here? The script is called with

sudo bash supervised_installer.sh -m raspberrypi4-64

The installer script was updated and also contains an error.

if [ -z "${HOMEASSISTANT_DOCKER}" ]; then
    error "Found no Home Assistant Docker images for this host!"
fi

Iā€™ve changed my version and it should be working again now.

It works.

curl -SL "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/konnectedvn/hass-config/master/hassio_installer.sh/hassio_installer.sh" -o hass_installer.sh

As I already noted, the script has been updated and is now fixed. No need to provide alternatives.

1 Like

Script seems to work now, HA-container is installed but HA crashes unfortunately.

Docker:

2e50d8b7ecd8        homeassistant/raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant:0.114.0   "/init"                  About a minute ago   Exited (1) About a minute ago                       homeassistant
f822288003a9        homeassistant/armv7-hassio-multicast:2                "/init"                  About a minute ago   Up About a minute                                   hassio_multicast
485903ceeb95        homeassistant/armv7-hassio-cli:25                     "/init /bin/bash -c ā€¦"   About a minute ago   Up About a minute                                   hassio_cli
1d0742aaa40d        homeassistant/armv7-hassio-audio:17                   "/init"                  About a minute ago   Up About a minute                                   hassio_audio
c846a7b23a94        homeassistant/armv7-hassio-dns:9                      "/init coredns -confā€¦"   About a minute ago   Up About a minute                                   hassio_dns
23312a67a4a5        homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor                 "/init"                  About a minute ago   Up About a minute                                   hassio_supervisor

Supervisor Log:

20-08-14 07:05:32 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Wait until Home Assistant is ready

20-08-14 07:05:37 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Home Assistant has crashed!

raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant:0.114.0 Log

standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"

Did you format your SSD/SD and start again, or try and re-install over the previous? I would start fresh if you didnā€™t.

I just tested on Ubuntu 18.04 and it works without an issue, no crashes.

On Raspbian, only raspberrypi4 works, raspberrypi4-64 does not. Donā€™t know why it changed to ā€˜raspberrypi4-64ā€™.

I noticed that the supervisor indeed installs raspberry4-64, does not matter if you pass raspberrypi4 or raspberry4-64 to the script
Google for the HA-error in Docker in fact points to architecture mismatches.

Iā€™m confusedā€¦and Iā€™m about to do this same install on a Rpi 4 on Raspian. Is it now fixed or do I have to change something to get HA working correctly?

Magic just happened.

I removed all docker images with

sudo docker system prune -a

The Supervisor now downloaded the homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant image instead of the 64-bit version. HA is back up but will need to reinstall some stuff since my backup is on 0.113 and I donā€™t want to restore that one given the mess Iā€™ve been confronted with :slight_smile:

Edit: I took the plunge. Restored 0.113.2 and hit the upgrade button. Works perfect now.

I tried this just a few days ago and kept getting stuck on loading the docker image. I let it sit for over and hour and HA never seemed to start. Iā€™ll give it another go this weekend.