Installing Home Assistant Supervised on Raspberry Pi OS

Hi!! I’m running home assistant supervised on RPI 4…
Since yesterday (last supervisor update from 233 to 234) i got error message:

20-08-15 17:52:33 CRITICAL (MainThread) [supervisor.core] System running in a unsupported environment!

Also on supervisor page in home assistant it says:

You are running an unsupported installation

Supervisor

Version 234
Latest version 234

You are running an unsupported installation. Learn More

Anyone else has this issue? Never had this message before on supervisor 232 or lower.

Thanks!

I think 99% of the people running a HA supervised installation see this message now.

2 Likes

Serieus? Why is that? Tried to read everything about supervised install but little bit confusing about this topic

A question only the core development team can answer definitively, but I’ll take a guess:

It may be included in the telemetry information sent back to the core development team. It gives them visibility into how many so-called “unsupported” functions are hosted on users’ systems.

EDIT

I’m running 0.113.1 with Supervisor 234 and here’s what it reports:

20-08-15 16:33:53 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.docker] Docker logging driver json-file is not supported!
20-08-15 16:34:06 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.core] Using ‘Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS’ as the OS is not supported
20-08-15 16:34:07 CRITICAL (MainThread) [supervisor.core] System running in a unsupported environment!

FWIW, it’s running just fine so “ERROR” and “CRITICAL” are a bit alarmist (“WARNING” would be sufficient).

The term ‘unsupported’, in this context, means if you report a bug in the GitHub repo, the developers may not investigate/fix it because you’re using an ‘unsupported environment’. Your only recourse will be to switch to a ‘supported environment’ (and see if the bug disappears) or ask the community for assistance.

Annotation 2020-08-15 142841

NOTE

Francisp explained in this post how to eliminate the message “logging driver json-file is not supported”. You must change docker’s logging driver to journald.

3 Likes

Oh thats all? Just for now they are showing it is “unsupported” so cant report bugs or whatever…

Thanks for sharing!! Everything is also running fine on my pi 4! But just noticed this error message since supervisor 233+

Thanks! have a nice weekend :wink: :+1:

Read the page that’s referenced… https://github.com/home-assistant/architecture/blob/506c13f2a15bc4d70aa2454ad596736c53b64be4/adr/0014-home-assistant-supervised.md

It’s telling you that you are pretty much on your own … and don’t call if there’s a problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

So after latest update i guess 0.114
Following Warnings showing in log.

20-08-15 21:42:39 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.dbus.rauc] Host has no rauc support. OTA updates have been disabled.

20-08-15 21:42:58 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.store.data] Can’t read /data/addons/git/53caca22/kanboard/config.json: required key not provided @ data[‘arch’]. Got None
20-08-15 21:42:58 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.store.data] Can’t read /data/addons/git/53caca22/snapcastserver/config.json: required key not provided @ data[‘arch’]. Got None
20-08-15 21:42:58 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.store.data] Can’t read /data/addons/git/53caca22/mopidy_alpine/config.json: required key not provided @ data[‘arch’]. Got None
20-08-15 21:42:58 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.store.data] Can’t read /data/addons/git/53caca22/nextcloud/config.json: required key not provided @ data[‘arch’]. Got None

So it is normal ???

Did we lose the functionality of OTA ?

Got it running! Finally! I think your updated script helped in my case, so thank you very much!

Having trouble with getting all my zwave devices to show as Complete (they are stuck in CacheLoad) but I’ll work through that.

That warning has been there for ages.

The other warnings have something to do with your add-ons.

Oh yes ! right. I get it. My bad.
But my question is now how it will handle future updates ? Like before this , there was installed version and available version. But now no button to check or update ! Can you clarify about this ?
And How to update HA Supervisor With Docker On Raspbian using shell ? If i dont get access to HA Web UI ?

1 Like

I just went through this process earlier today. Running a Raspi 4 4gb with a 500gb SSD. Installation went perfect, went to HA Url in my browser, made a new profile, set home location, then went to cloud and signed into my cloud account. After a reboot now my fresh install of HA with no integrations or devices, says something along the lines of cloud service config error and HA hangs while booting and just sits there and says “HA is booting, not everything will be available until it finishes.”

I have tried rebooting the host, rebooting HA and even pulling the power and waiting. Ideas?

As I noted in the other thread, format and start fresh. It takes under 30mins from start to finish, so it can’t hurt.

2 Likes

When I make an snapshot of that installation can I just use it in an normal fresh hassio installation?

You sure can

What happen when you do this:

sudo docker system prune -a

will it download all images again with latest versions?

I have this in my log:

[supervisor.updater] Can't process version data: 'null'#033[0m

can’t update to latest version inside HA…

Hi All,

When do this action the system freeze on installing network-manager. How can I install this correct?

Not sure what happened differently this time. But working like a charm now!

Running supervised hass.io on Pi4 4gb with SSD!

Thanks for you help!

1 Like

No, i have the same, but no of this addons are installed.

The rauc warnings are regarding your OS. You aren’t running HA OS so OTA updates for the OS are disabled. This is not related to updates to HA or any other parts.

@kanga_who thanks for hard work. Could you share the method that how to downgrade to old version of Docker HA Supervised on Raspberry Pi ?
Tks