Integration for NissanConnect Services

Awesome work, thank you!

Hi again, so it’s probably my lack of understanding of NodeRed (still not my strong side), but what is the best way to import, or update my flows with the new updated one you’ve uploaded?

I just tried importing the new subflows, and I’ve tried injecting in the nodes in the first group at the top of the flow, and I just keep getting the error message shown below.

I ended up completely uninstalling Node Red, and started completely from scratch, but can’t seem to get it to work.

From what I can figure out, the error in debug says that there is something wrong with this function node.

Any idea what it could be? Do I still have the old url’s or something in the code in that function node? I’m also not seeing anything in MQTT explorer anymore…

Same for me. I’m getting the same errors and can’t seem to even login with Nissan services.
The issue seems to be somewhere in the NissanConnect-Session node, but there are a lot for functions in there, not sure where to being.

1 Like

Let’s hope @kefjevl can rescue us sometime soon. It would be awesome to at least get the battery status back, as we’ve just had solar panels installed, and the battery status would be awesome as part of EV charging automations.

Hi all, sorry it has been some crazy weeks so not really able to deep dive in the issues you are having,
find a video to the 2 places you need to change

Hi Kevin, I had just written a post to say it wasn’t working, as I could see the exact same things you showed in your video (thank you for that by the way), were as I had it in my flows, so all seemed correct, but was still not working.

But I decided to have another go, and I finally got it working again! This is exactly what I did.

1. Deleted the NissanConnect flow, and all sub-flows from NodeRed
  2. Restarted NodeRed
  3. Imported your original flow from last month ( NissanConnectFlow-HA-NodeRed.json)
  4. Once imported, I went into the two functions shown in your video, and manually edited the two entrys (the extra url, and V5 instead of V4).
  5. In my NissanConnect app, I changed my password (just changed the last couple of characters).
  6. I then added my username and new password to the Set Flow-Vars/Config node
  7. Finally, double checked I still had my MQTT broker entered correctly.
  8. Once I’d done all this, it worked! I can now see my cars status.

Thanks for your help Kevin, it’s much appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,
I’m trying to connect as well and get the “TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘split’)” error. Used steps from celodnb above and changed the url and v5.
On my config it never worked before, just getting into this with i hope the latest and greatest version.
Driving a nissan quashqai and hoping to get the unlocked status from the car, so i can send myself a reminder to lock it or when possible in a later version to lock it from HA.
Hoping for some suggestions to try this.
mqtt is connected
trigger from HA is inserted
but step 1 and step 2(session&token) leaves me with the error above.
thanks in advance

I am also having this error when I try to run the battery section:

This works in the Nissan Connect app on android
Any idea what I am doing wrong, it authenticates just fine and I got some climate data back but the battery is the thing I need.
This is for a Leaf

Hi,

Not sure how to debug the response to the request, but i think my quashqai might be in a different zone or does not have the latest version?

https://prod.eu2.auth.kamereon.org/kauth/oauth2undefined/authorize?client_id=a-ncb-prod-android&redirect_uri=org.kamereon.service.nci:/oauth2redirect&response_type=code&scope=openid%20profile%20vehicles&nonce=sdfdsfez&state=af0ifjsldkj"

payload: string

403 Forbidden

Request forbidden by administrative rules.

Thanks a lot to all who’ve been trying to make it work! I tried celodnb’s shared steps as well, but I can’t seem to get past the Auth, as I’m getting a “Session timed out” message.

Can’t dig deeper for now, but would love to hear if anyone has it working and can share the flow.

I’m no genius and have no experience developing for Home Assistant, but how hard would it be for someone that do know how to develop for Home Assistant to make an integration for NissanConnect?
All the API calls are known and currently being used in Node-RED as seen in this thread.

1 Like

I was planning to convert the Node Red nodes to a python script, because my Node Red flow is not working and I prefer code to visual programming. But I’m struggling to find time at the moment. If no one else will, perhaps I’ll eventually get there :grin:

I’d love that as I’m not a fan of running Node-RED simply for this one thing.
If you’re able to make an integration that can be installed through HACS that would be awesome!
No rush though, take your time. :+1:

Can you share your flow pls (don’t forget to remove the username/password) I am still not getting much luck with connecting it

I changed the lines showed in the video @kefjevl shared and that made it work.

Ok so it seems like there is something wrong with the battery section because all climate and history work ok.

Battery:

Has anyone got this to work for a Leaf ZE1? Maybe not supported but makes no sense since I see the battery value in the Nissan app and even in the MyLeaf non official app which uses the same api

Found the issue for me. v2 doesn’t work here

But v1 does so I changed it to that and boom!

I couldn’t get the node red code working. Auth keeps failing with “Session has timed out” or “Authentication Failed”. Did some investigation and it looks like the node red solution won’t work for NA accounts. It’s based on Tobais’ Kjeldsen’s code and there’s specifically a different code repo for the NA accounts, but he has discontinued support because Nissan has made it difficult to get the right secret. See https://tobis.dk/blog/the-farce-of-nissanconnect-north-america

Hi, very new to home assistant and complete novice at Node-Red and MQTT. Have installed Mosquitto and attempting to follow the Read-Me and people’s suggestions from this thread, I imported NissanConnectFlow-HA-NodeRed.json from the repo to Node-Red and when I attempt to deploy, looks like its missing a (some?) nodes as a trigger? Any help would be much appreciated.

Running it all as dockers within HA Container due to running on laptop with other things on it for now. Adapting it for a new Leaf as well if there’s anything Leaf users have spotted need tweaking from the original code.

If there’s something additional I’m missing, if there’s any other documentation out there I don’t know about, links would be very helpful.

We’re still cheering for you buddy! :grimacing:

1 Like