Integration of Paskville smart handle (Secuyou Smart Lock)?

Hi all

There is a product for ‘garden door’ handles, so called paskville handles called Secuyou Smart lock.
It’s currently supporting bluetooth integrations, they will later have Matter integration (probably still via BT).
Their market is currently Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland.

I was wondering if anybody could be interested in programming some software for the integration?

I can get the IDE sent from Secuyou for the integration, but I don’t have enough programming skills for doing it myself.
They are already integrated to Homey (which of course has BT integrated), so it should be possible for HA to get this as well.

Next step would of course be to make a wifi-bluetooth relay, so the Home Assistant itself didn’t have to be close to the lock itself.

Anybody out there interested in doing this? It’s a small company, so they don’t have the capacity themselves to do this I think.

1 Like

I love to have this integration also, but I am no programmer. :pensive:

Maybe the passive BLE custom component?

Was there any test/progress on this?

I did try to implement something with the bt API they sent me (is that what you mean with IDE?) but I don’t have enough knowledge about the bonding process with the bluetooth unfortunately. the Homey integration is made with another way of communicating without the bonding as I’ve understood it. It would probably be possible to do it in the same way if we got the specs for that integration, but Secuyou said they can’t give me that due to security concerns.

See this topic: Secuyou bluetooth patio door lock integration

1 Like

Hi @teachingbirds
I’ve reached out to secuyou again, and recommended you for your skills, and emphasized that you are a good coder. Jens asked you to contact them again, at [email protected], which I think you already have.
I sent them the analytics page of active Home Assistant installations.
I urged them to start a cooperation with you.

Would this now be easier to do for a developer via a integration that uses the new Bluetooth implementation that came with Home Assistant 2022.8?

https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2022/08/03/release-20228/#first-class-bluetooth-support

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/bluetooth

That was my hope.

FYI, Home Assistant founder and members of Nabu Casa mentioned and talked about that it would allow exactly this kind of Bluetooth-based integrations in Home Assistant 2022.8 release party video:

https://youtu.be/m9gKFH8WlzY?t=1316

(starting at time 21:56 into that video)

Yes, I read about it, the problem is that the company needs to be nudged a bit and need help with the coding (which I can’t).

If you have a contact at Secuyou then maybe you can also try to convince them to switch to a multiprotocol capable MCU SoC (like Silicon Labs EFR32MG24/EFR32MG21 or Texas Instruments CC2652P) and on it implement simultaneous multiprotocol connectivity IoT nodes to enable device support for both Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Matter over Thread (formerly Project CHIP, based on OpenThread) running concurrently at the same time on a single chip in order to make the devices/products more future-proof.

I know that is what a lot of other manufacturers are working on for planned future devices and it will allow users to either control devices directly with their mobile phone or connect the device to a Matter gateway/hub/bridge with Thread Boarder Router capability for remote control over the internet.

I read that some manufacturers are even working on devices that will have multiprotocol for Zigbee, Bluetooth LE, and Matter over Thread, though then the user will probably get the option to either only use “Zigbee and Bluetooth” or “Matter/Thread and Bluetooth” at the same time as running all three protocol concurrently could potentially make supporting those devices to complicated, though Silicon Labs, Texas Instruments, Nordic Semiconductor, and NXP, and more chip manufacturers have over the last few years all released software development kits that can technically simultaneous run all those three protocols concurrently at the same time on a single MCU chip.

If I was a product designed and would have to choose a combination of only two wireless protocols to support in a new single device when I would today choose Zigbee and Bluetooth LE as a multi-protocol implementation as those two are more mature protocols, but I bet that if you would ask me the same thing in a year then the answer will be Thread for Matter/CHIP and Bluetooth LE a multi-protocol implementation instead because that will probably be all the hype then and the Matter standard over Thread protocol technology will have had time,e to mature a bit more.

Check out these for reference:

https://www.ti.com/wireless-connectivity/multi-protocol/overview.html

https://www.ti.com/reference-designs/index.html#search?famid=2003

https://developer.nordicsemi.com/nRF_Connect_SDK/doc/latest/nrfxlib/mpsl/README.html#mpsl

https://www.nxp.com/products/wireless/multiprotocol-mcus:MULTIPROTOCOL-MCUS

If you need something to support your nudging, maybe you could mention the possible new customers throughout europe. For me, this handle/lock would be a real alternative to the chunky german Abus HomeTec Pro FCA3000!

I didn’t know they had an SDK, but I made my integration based on their Android app.
I made it to integrate with Futurehome (a norwegian smarthub), but it uses MQTT so it shouldn’t be too hard to make it work with other smarthubs using MQTT.
I run it on a Rasperry PI with Android installed, and it works great with the latest lock version.
Here’s the project if you’re interested: GitHub - joymyr/secuyou_remote: Remote control Secuyou locks using a spare phone or a Raspberry Pi running Android

2 Likes

Still no news on a new Matter and/or Thread hardware variant of Secuyou Smart Lock?

FYI, there is now competition with Matter suppprt in form of Siegenia Smart window grip:

Art. No.: ZHSM0020-002010 = “Radio protocol: Thread, Bluetooth, Matter

Supported home controller:

• Apple HomePod Mini, Modell MY5G2D/A
  • Apple HomePod , 2. Generation
  • Apple TV 4K, 3Gen. 128GB
  • Google Nest Hub, Modell GUIK 2
  • SmartThings Station,Modell A2169

Those Siegenia devices ar only lockable handles. The do not move on their own to allow access from the outside. All they do is to monitor the state of the window and lock the handle with a bolt so it can´t be opened manually. Interesting device, though. For a reasonable price.

Yep, but it still works if have an outside handle as well. That is also what the Secuyou smart lock does.

That is the use case for this specific type of smart lock handles. Also see this related discussion:

The idea with door/window locks for these type of patio/terrace/balcony doors and windows that have the option to add an interlocking handle on the outside as well if you want/need to be able to also open the door from outdoors (which not everyone wants). So it is only the inside handle that contains any smart components. Therefore most sell/offer matching dumb handles to match the same style.

Note as such that these type of smart door handles are not meant for your main door but instead only for patio/terrace/balcony doors and windows that you normally only unlock and open from the inside.

Also a similar concept used in the classic “Yale Code Handle” series that have been around for many years in Europe from ASSA ABLOY Group, but those lack wireless remote control, instead they only feature a slimmed-down keypad for unlocking by entering a PIN-code that lock/unlock it via solenoid pins.

We will be ready with the Matter lock in 4-5 weeks.

I see it’s now available. Has it been tested with Home Assistant and SkyConnect? And if so what kind of sensors and control does it provide?

Its ready on secuyou.dk and secuyou.se webshops now

Unfortunately they don’t see any value in lending the device to a youtuber who could make a review of it, so I will probably not test in a foreseeable future…