Integration to Zimi / Powermesh

AFAIK there is only @stav’s git hub with the docs, and what you see in this thread. GitHub - StavsOG/Zimi-API: This is for those that are interested in testing the new ZIMI API Beta, to support development of a Home Assistant integration.

I just forked @stav’s repo in case it disappears for some reason GitHub - nickrout/Zimi-API: This is for those that are interested in testing the new ZIMI API Beta, to support development of a Home Assistant integration.

1 Like

any update on your progress, Just ordered some of these myself so interested now in the integration

1 Like

Sounds like there has been some great progress, any chance of a Christmas Miracle for this?
Needless to say should have some spare time to be a guinea pig if we are at that stage.

1 Like

I think I’m going to pick up the garage door control + ZCC hub bundle pack from steel line. Christmas special $346. :slight_smile:

Happy New Year everyone. I hope 2022 is the Year of the Zimi Integration. :smiley:

We are getting a Steel-line garage door soon, so I was looking at smart controller options.

The interesting thing is that their basic sectional door motors. E.g.:
https://www.steel-line.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/SD800-Sectional-Door-Opener-brochure_01-950-0381.pdf

Don’t have momentary push button terminals hence these types oh hacks:

But their Marantec controllers do have push button wiring terminals, so would be compatible with Zimi.

Just wondering what other people are experiencing with Zimi compatibility with Steel-line controllers.

And if I had a Zimi, I would have a crack at it via RestFul Sensor. E.g.

sensor:
  - platform: rest
    name: Garage Door Position
    resource: 'http://IP_ADDRESS:5003/api/v1/controlpoint/states'
    value_template: "{{ value_json.response.controlpoint_states[0].states.controlState.garagedoor.openpercentage }}"

rest_command:
  open_garage_door:
    url: http://IP_ADDRESS:5003/api/v1/controlpoint/actions
    method: POST
    payload: '{"actions":[  {  "id": "product0004_1",  "action": "OpenDoor",  "actionParams": {}  }  ]}'
    content_type:  'application/json; charset=utf-8'

rest_command:
  close_garage_door:
    payload: '{"actions":[  {  "id": "product0004_1",  "action": "CloseDoor",  "actionParams": {}  }  ]}'

rest_command:
  set_garage_door_position:
    payload: '{"actions":[  {  "id": "product0004_1",  "action": "OpenToPercentage",  "actionParams": {    "openpercentage": 50  }  }  ]}'
1 Like

All - apologies for going silent, had a few real world issues push this to the back burner, coupled with the fact I have outsourced to someone competent :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: While I am reticent to build too much anticipation I wanted to update and let you know much progress has been made, and we are still working at it.

The HA integration is largely built - lights and switch (incl dimmer) are working, just sorting out the garagedoor which is almost complete.

Focus will then shift to performance and state awareness. This might be trivial, or not… the zcc can be slow and is currently prone to locking up / becoming unresponsive. It is too unstable at the moment to consider releasing. This phase could take a bit of time as the zcc API is limited and it is difficult to trace what is causing behaviour. Lots of trial and error…

Anyway, here are a few images to show progress.

1 Like

That’s great news to hear, as cautious as you are to build expectations.

A little concerning - when that happens does it effect all inputs (i.e. from app, wireless switches too?)

I hope real life settles down for you and that you can return to your regular activities.

The acc appears to operate independently of the app (that is another rabbit hole … android vs. apple app stability has proven to be an interesting topic). The mobile app bridges to the closest(?) endpoint via bluetooth. I have seen the devices state take a little while to update in the app but I suspect this is more to do with the number of devices rather than the zcc.

In terms of performance there are a few things planned for testing.

1. don’t have a reference on how the number of connected devices may impact performance. Once we are happy with all the base functionally I’ll have to remove a bunch of devices from my network (currently at 49) and start adding a few at a time to see if this impacts performance. This action obviously has a low WAF so needs to be planned carefully!

2. the socket management on the zcc appears to be rudimentary so the plan is to try and actively manage

3. the current build is conservative in timings due to above, perhaps we can tune up wait times a bit once we get the socket management under control.

1 Like

so glad youve come back lol, Just bought enough devices to fit two houses so was looking forward to your integration, nice to see some progress still happening, Hopefully the life issues manage to take a backseat

1 Like

Thank you for the update, very much appreciated.
I cannot tell you how grateful I am for this and I hope your other real life get resolved without too much pain.

llundberg

More progress over the weekend:

• Garage door is pretty much done. One bug to be squashed but not a major issue, have a good idea on what the problem is and it has a workaround for now
  • Integration now automatically assigns entities to an area based on Zimi name / data. Obviously this can be overwritten in HA as required. Makes large installs much easier to manage
  • Refresh of integration picks up changes (add / remove / rename) - most of the time…
  • Added some more debugging to help with next phase of performance testing
  • Config flow updated, more robust discovery and no longer need to provide IP of zcc

Next steps:

• Performance optimisation - some improvement already made, chipping away
  • Event logging - perhaps… basic HA logging is working fine however may add more in debug mode to help users if experiencing issues / unexpected behaviour, especially on initial release
  • Code clean up / adherence to style guidelines
  • Add support for Fan Controller and Dimmer (I don’t have these to test but based on learnings so far this shouldn’t be too difficult) - will need to find someone to test, or wait for the bug report
  • Engage with zimi team to discuss some suggested potential API updates to improve overall functionality

It’s getting closer. Have made more progress in the last 2 weeks than in the previous 2 months which is nice.

Unplanned feature is the ability to use scripts and automations with any switch point (ideally a “spare”), to trigger some other HA entity e.g. I have a spare switch on a 2 point light switch in the WIR that I can now use to run a couple of scripts to put the blinds up and down :sunglasses:

Still work required to be “production ready”, I suspect we will go down the HACS Custom repositories path in the early days when we need some more testing.

have a heap of fan controllers to be installed shortly so will be able to test those ones out when a release is available

Have all versions to be installed except the garage one

@jamesbj348 How many total points do you think you will have? Are you intending to run exhaust fans off a power mesh switch?

about 35 between Power points, Light switches 1,2,3 and fan controllers connected to ceiling fans no exhaust fans

Update: Massive performance improvements made. The integration is fast and stable now, it is also state aware of external activity (app / physical switch).

Good news is that we are moving onto documentation as many of the outstanding items are not blockers and can be ticked off as minor updates. I’m getting close to deploying it in my main instance of HA. Won’t be too much longer before it can be released for further testing and feedback…

2 Likes

Awesome! Congrats to the two of you.

Congrats on the work, Looking forward to release :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Incredible work mate, I was just in the phone to a support rep about weird inconsistent set up issues which sorted themselves out with a new account. Also just emailed the developers asking for API information to get to work on a HomeAssistant integration and eventually HomeBridge for my more simplistic household. Excited to see the results as I’d love to get working on a HomeBridge plugin from your work!