iOS app & themes

It seems like the iOS app does not entirely adopt themes, but leaves the header toolbar & footer with orignal coloring. This looks a bit weird:

Would it be possible for the iOS app to adapt to the home assistant theme, or maybe just provide a config option for 1-2 settings (background color, text color, maybe detail/highlight color), so we can set it up to match our selected themes?

I am planning to get some old ipad and have home assistant running in kiosk mode as wall terminal, and it would look really better if the colors matched :slight_smile:

To get this to work on your iOS device go to Services under dev-tools, choose frontend.set_theme and the add { "name": "your_theme" } to service data.

I understood that the header and footer only change with the build-in themes and not with the custom themes.

For me the colors changed after refreshing several times and/or hard quitting the app and reopen it. But it might be a style setting though, I wouldn’t know as my knowledge is limited on css. Refreshing a lot helped in my case :stuck_out_tongue:

Didnt change anything for me :frowning:

Which theme are you using?
And just to be sure, you have changed your_theme with the name of the theme you are using? :zipper_mouth_face:

I’ve tried your suggestion and it doesn’t work for the built in or custom themes. I believe there’s a variable that needs to be set in the theme itself. There’s a few older threads that talked about this, but every time I’ve tried creating a theme with those variables it either does nothing or complained about an invalid variable option.

Yeah I have read those threads too. The ones which worked for other people weren’t working for me until I used the frontend.set_theme solution, for example with this theme.

Yeah sure I replaced the theme name.

I am using this theme:

Maybe there is some definition missing which is responsible for coloring the iOS bars?