iRobot Roomba i7+ Configuration using Rest980

Maps stopped working on roombas with latest firmware, like i7 3.20.7firmware,.

I have contacted roomba support to downgrade firmware, their social team has promise they will downgrade. But from service team the answer is no downgrade possible.

Maybe they can just work to restore the functionality then :wink: :crossed_fingers:

you need to follow the instructions on the GH site, having the connection to your robot using rest980 is one of the steps - now you need to configure up the sensors and lovelace UI

wipe the nuc and use docker for everything… will save you alot of headache in future!!

yes you can, other than an awesome looking lovelace card, it probably wont add much value over the HA native vacuum addon however.

yes you can use the iRobot app, you might notice it will take a little while to connect in the app - the robot only allows a single connection

2 Likes

Hi Syrius,

today an update of the Docker Image Addon was displayed, but now no sensor works anymore.
Was there any special change? Does anything in the yaml need to be adjusted?
Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any info.

Thank you

Yes you are correct, I updated the images to support the j7… however this seems to have broken support for the other models :man_facepalming:

I have just pushed a new update reverting these changes and added two new images for the j7.

Apologies :frowning_face:

@Syrius, Jeremy,

Have you noticed that the mentioned Portainer add-on in your guide is no longer available? And what are the consequences for the setup? Should some actions now been taken in another way?

Best regards,
Martin

As is a GET http://{your_ip}:3000/api/local/info/state as well. It returns an empty object:

{}

the changes mentioned above have no effect on the portainer implementation mentioned in the deployment guide (as that uses the images from docker hub)

perhaps try restarting the container? {} usually means it wasnt able to retrieve the data if there is another connection to the robot

1 Like

Could that have something to do that the iOS App is linked at that moment?

In the rest980 SDK from koalazak, I read that there is a configuration attribute ‘keepAlive’ could be set to ‘no’ to connect and disconnect every single request to support multiple connections at the same time…

And what container are you refering to, exactly, to be sure?

I have restarted the rest980 container, but found in the logs the following:

GET /api/local/info/state 200 102.885 ms - 2
GET /api/states/sensor.rest980 404 2.380 ms - 136
Error: Endpoint not found.
    at /usr/src/app/app.js:62:13
    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/usr/src/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
    at trim_prefix (/usr/src/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:323:13)
    at /usr/src/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:284:7
    at Function.process_params (/usr/src/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:341:12)
    at next (/usr/src/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10)
    at /usr/src/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:641:15
    at next (/usr/src/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:260:14)
    at Function.handle (/usr/src/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:174:3)
    at router (/usr/src/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:47:12)
    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/usr/src/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
    at Function.process_params (/usr/src/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:341:12)
    at next (/usr/src/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10)
    at /usr/src/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:641:15
    at next (/usr/src/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:260:14)
    at jsonParser (/usr/src/app/node_modules/body-parser/lib/types/json.js:110:7)
GET /api/local/info/state 200 102.579 ms - 2

The endpoint isn’t found…

At the sametime I’m encountered with a unfilled LoveLace card:

I have no clue what the problem is, but it seems it is collapsing brick by brick…

@Syrius

Howdy. I just want to ask if the map image already works on the i7. A few weeks ago, he stated here that the new firmware i7 does not transfer the map to HA. Has there been any change since then? Should I pay attention to the map disclosure or is it useless for now?

Thank you.

You might need to check over your configuration - this sensor is generated by HA, not from rest980 so something is referencing the wrong place

Not yet, still broken unfortunately. here is the latest from the dorita980 repo issue

Can you give a clou to where it should reference to?

I suspect its this line in the image.php file.

I think you just need to update the port from 3000 to 8123 so it points at HA rather than the addon.

Note: Maps arent working due to changes in iRobot firmware - so the map still wont be produced correctly if you are using a s/i/j series.

My vacuum and mop doesn’t seem to work since update, I received an update and currently on 20220113 build.
When I select a room, lock icon on clean room doesn’t go away.
Is it just me? Do I need to change something else?

This card seems interesting, but I’m newbie so I’m a little confused…

I installed the card like this (is the entity correct, cause I see examples of a sensor… ?)

I have only these entities :

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-22 162445

type: custom:roomba-vacuum-card
entity: vacuum.roomba960

But I get this (it works when I push ‘play’ f.e.), but only the status appears ?

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-22 161435

Or is it cause of my older vacuum cleaner (Roomba 960) ?

I think you have installed the normal integration in Homeassistant. This won’t work with the rest980 integration . You can only run one of them.

ok, thanks…project for later :wink:

1 Like

What state is the vacuum in ? it will only unlock if the Robots state is ready

It’s unavailable

[EDIT]: Just needed to update HA core and it’s working again