Is it possible to do a Light transition about 30 minutes with KNX?

Hi i need help to do a Light transition with KNX. It should change the brightness from 0 to 100 within 30 minutes. I tried everything, but I need some help, it must be possible or not? Maybe with a pyscript? Please help.

Hi :wave:!

It depends on the capabilities of your controller. Some support a transition DPT - which is not directly supported by HA but you could “hand-craft” it in a knx.send.

Other than that you can do a repeating automation that just decreases brightness by x every minute or so.

Hi how can I do this? I never made it, could you help me on it?

Which approach?

So I have a DALI gateway and I need in Home Assistant an automation. The Automation has to do a transition within 30 minutes from 0% to 100%. The Values are not everytime the same, sometimes from 20% to 50%… But I dont know how can I do this transition in the Home Assistant.

Please read my first answer again. Nobody knows what DPTs your device supports, but you.

HA wont care if you have that light setup as an device/entity
If you can control that light from your HA dashboard then there are many blueprints out there that do just that:

Also like farmio said, many KNX dimmers / Dali gateways have a DPT points for just that. Some even allow percentage setting via the KNX bus. But without any further info there is not much we can do.

See here: KNX missing value type 'scaling speed' 225.001