Is there a need for a nice Wall Panel / Would you buy one of these?

@sota

The device will be delivered without Tuya. With a launcher and HomeAssistant Pre-Installed.

1 Like

Sounds like a real good plan.

Maybe a idea to make a thicker display with the support to put USB devices at te back, so they are not visible from the front. (Like z-wave or zigbee)

And a good holder for the wall and sell apart a desk mount

A motion or light sensor in front.

Controlled from the Hass client or with a Bluetooth keyboard

The knob is a really good thing.
Especially with the display.
White color or optional for little bit more money
White, red, green, blue colors (for like thermostat )

Keep the price low, but give people the option for upgrades. So you can keep the price right

1 Like

@mickey30m

Yeah good points. I will have keep an eye on this. What I can say 99$ is not possible.

I will close this thread and Create a new one. With a detailed plan. So that the discussion is more specific. Thank you for all the information and the interesting perspectives!

The new thread will be opened soon - stay tuned!

Please post it here when you’ve created it.

1 Like

Yeah no problem.

Great opensource project SmartKnob by scottbez1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip641WmY4pA

Android Tablet
Wall mounted above light switch, with USB charging, easy disconnect and carry them anywhere
Kiosk or Wall Panel
Ok … no “cool” knob
Cost? $50 tablet, $1 Romex Wire, $5 mount, $2 cable, $2 wall plate with USB = $60

Simple answer. No

Short Update … New thread will take some time - Discussions with the manufacturer Stay tuned - no Tuya is already possible.

I am currently checking how we can make the price as low as possible. I am targeting a MUCH BETTER PRICE as on AliExpress (this means MUCH LOWER THAN 299$!!!)

Here is a new Poll for all of you:

Which are the most Important Options which I should have in mind…?
  • Amplified Speaker Output
  • Different Screensizes
  • Pre-Installed Apps (Spotify, Snapdroid, Amazon Alexa …)
  • DeskStand
  • Wallmount without Drilling holes in your Wall
  • Something different (let me know in this thread)

0 voters

Crowdfunding a possible Way to order a Panel?
  • Yes!
  • No, why? Let me know in the Thread

0 voters

Only 3 Votes? Not more? Help me to make the best Wall Panel for Homeassistant!!!

You clearly didn’t read the first post properly. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

PoE would be epic if the screen power consumption isn’t too high for it.

3 Likes

It was mentioned in the first post
Generally, these are Tuya wall panels based on Android.
That was enough for me to give an unequivocal answer: no, he didn’t buy it

Yeah exactly, it was mentioned that the unit would be re-flashed to remove all sense of Tuya.

1 Like

BTW: This idea is still under development. I am working hard to make the project really nice.

• Different Screen Sizes are possible from 6" to 8" currently I also did some research about 10" Models
  • No Tuya is already possible
  • KNOB control is currently also under discussion how to integrate nicely with HA
  • Speaker Output is also under consideration to use the Wall panel also as a music station

For the knob, it would be great if this could be a seperate ‘device’ in HA such that automations canbe created to make it do whatever we want. ie: light brightness, volume control, blind/roller shutter control

1 Like

Hey guys,

Project is dead. Sorry for that. Manufacturers aren’t allowing small qtys and also the knob is more or less a black box (for me). Sorry about that.

Which Android tablet?

See here, full post with information:

I ordered this device:
Portworld YC-SM10P 10 Inch RK3566 Android 11 Os Industrial Automation Embedded LCD Touch Screen
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJGsdh7

Looking at this
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0VMzpc

It runs Android, so presumably I can run a Tuya app and use Tuya local or run the HA or fully kiosk app?

If Tuya local is set up, I’m wondering if the dial actions are exposed. Also I could expose just one device like Sonos volume input_number that the dial could control perhaps.

Anyone had experience or seen a GitHub with any efforts?