Is this some sort of weird april fools joke - crooked cards?

I love your sense of humour Thomas. What a shame it had side effects…!

7 Likes

I was going crazy … after a couple of reboot I realized that today is the first of April …

3 Likes

HAHA!!! I appreciate the fun. I didn’t have any issues with this. It’s a shame some people were having issues

Anyway, thanks for the fun. Lessons learnt I guess.

1 Like

Nice one! Took me a while to think of April Fools Day.

1 Like

Yeah, some cards are crooked for me, no stability or performance issues though.

Assumed it’d be April fools

EDIT, seems to have resolved for me now.

If your frontend looks weird today - Community Post

Well played. I didn’t experience any instability.
Took me some time to figure it out.

1 Like

Seriously, how can I get rid of this tilt of the cards?
Redownloading other versions of card-mod won’t get this back to normal.
This is driving me crazy because if you go to settings/integration page and click on the 3 dots of any integration, the options will go beneath the tilted cards so you can hardly access those.

Appears that after I cleared cache on my chrome browser, it is back to normal.

Well, I just got back from the psych ward, OCD is a mutha . . .

1 Like

Yeah, picked a bad day to work on my scripts as well…

Dear Home Assistant Team - for 2023, please put the Easter Eggs/April fools things on your web-site, not my HA Dashboard.

4 Likes

The Home Assistant team as a whole is innocent and did not know about this.

This was all my doing (and yours for installing card-mod - a third-party thing that exists solely to alter the appearance of the frontend).

9 Likes

I can appreciate it. :slight_smile:
So obvious it is an april fools joke. I don’t mind it, no negative effects on my side.
Thanks for making me laugh.

2 Likes

This made me smile… after it made me confused.
The changes were subtle and I wondered what was going on… when I saw it was not only on mobile but also the web, I realised, “Ah, it’s April Fool’s!”.
I loved it, and now am happy for it to go away. Thanks @thomasloven ! :smile:

2 Likes

I still have crooked cards after uninstalling the card-mod, have tried different browsers and clearing the cache, its still the same. Any suggestions?

I couldn’t agree more. I understand that the idea is funny at first, but the risk of issues and time wasted trying to fix this before understanding it’s a part of a joke is imo just silly. It’s somewhat comparable with:

The idea is great at first, but not if you give it a thorough through. Still appreciating @thomasloven 's work. No hard feelings, just sharing my opinion about this matter.

Edit: The update in HACS is really appreciated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m gonna call you out on this, don’t care that you’re a moderator, actually that should mean you hold yourself to a higher standard. Your attitude here sucks. It’s not “just” tilting the cards if it’s causing someone’s instance to be unstable. It’s like you’re brushing off this person’s issue as unimportant.

3 Likes

It’s really decent of you to apologize. Thanks for making your cards available, they help a lot of people. Sometimes people have lapses in judgment, but you fixed it and did the right thing.

2 Likes

I was with you right up until that.

No need to blame the victim(s)…

I’m glad that not everyone distrusts literally everything and everyone. especially those that are supposed to be the trusted ones.

I hope you didn’t just plant an idea in someone’s head about doing something like this but really truly maliciously instead of just as a prank.

4 Likes

this is absolutely not funny and has had real and detrimental consequences today for me.

1 Like