Is this some sort of weird april fools joke - crooked cards?

I’ve read it multiple times, and I don’t see it as a nice comment. It could have been said professionally and it wouldn’t have garnered my response. Keep in mind that comments like his (and now yours) are against the code of conduct but I (and other mods) let it slide given the circumstances.

1 Like

@thomasloven I am putting myself in your shoes and wanna say it can be really overwhelming when people criticize, but I am very confident about the criticism being about the prank and not yourself - your work is highly valued, I hope you keep up this amazing work you do, we all love and appreciate it, I am sure people are only complaining about the issue this has caused, not yourself as a person, so hopefully you’re not feeling terrible.

1 Like

Well petro, if you guys are going to apply rules, be consistent. There’s no circumstance here. People swear because they’re upset. He did not make a personal attack. I think personal attacks are absolutely NOT right, but using colloquialisms is part of language and there’s nothing unprofessional about it. You can see extremely successful people using colloquialisms all the time even in public. Don’t try to pontificate, it’s censorship and belongs in Russia, not here.

1 Like

Did I sensor anyone?

No, which is a good thing :slight_smile:

Ok then, to circle back: He’s going to get some …'s from me when I think he’s being rediculous. Sorry that offended you.

It’s not a matter of being offensive petro, it’s about what’s right or wrong. You’re only applying personal opinion but moderators should be neutral. I sense that you’re the type of person who might not like vulgar words but dude, it happens all the time and it’s not going anywhere. Look at us discussing it, such a waste of time. Please draw the line on personal attacks but don’t get so triggered about words that people use on the day to day to express frustration. You are acting like we are all robots, we are not, we have feelings and we express them like so. I’m not gonna respond again regardless, I think it’s going off-topic. You have a good day.

1 Like

I don’t care about swearing, I care about starting flame wars. I swear all the time, but it is against the COC. It’s something that I’ve never enforced. I will always discourage nasty remarks that may affect volunteers because they are also part of the community and severely outnumbered by users. You may not realize it, but comments like his lead to volunteers getting badgered relentlessly.

1 Like

Grow Room :joy:

1 Like

Lol, it’s legal in many places now :wink:

I have removed the MOD card. I want to be able to trust the code that I install.

1 Like

I love the concept, I found it funny when I saw my cards tilted, reminded me of April Fools today.
Sucks that some can’t tolerate an easter egg. Maybe leave the code in, make it a toggleable feature?

1 Like

Updated the mod to 3.1.4, but it’s still affecting my dashboard. I don’t want to uninstall it, because I’m using it to fix some styles. I’ve refreshed HA, restarted HA, updated HA OS, updated HA Core, but it’s still a persisting issue.

Will this issue go away tomorrow?

Not that type of grow room :rofl:

Also my phone app still have wrong cards alignment, maybe I’ll have to reinstall, delete cache, but ohh boy this was a bad joke.

1 Like

You need to clear your browser cache

Got it. Thanks! What a stupid prank.

1 Like

Cleared my browser cache, updated core and HAOS, even tried a different browser. The joke is still there.
FIX IT PLEASE.

Did you update? What custom cards are you using? Please remain calm.

Appreciate the joke. Went to my PC on midnight and I literally paniced for a moment because I thought I had an eye issue of sorts :smiley: And got a bit sick of looking at it ^^

Fun shit, don’t take the backlash to your heart - and thanks for releasing the update. May add a toggle / hint next time? :wink:

1 Like

Update what? Card-mod?
What is the recommended process to update a custom card?
WHY SHOULD THIS BE NECESSARY? If you can put the joke into our systems, why can’t you remove it? Or was this always in the card just waiting for a date trigger?

2 Likes