Is this the perfect standalone tablet for HA?

Had no problems migrating over to Lineage 15.1 with your guide coming from XDA Chewie610’s guide.

Finally the display turns off along with the backlight. :slight_smile:

I’m hoping we can figure out a way to wake the screen by tapping. I have the ThinkSmart under my monitor where it blocks all the buttons and my camera slider switch isn’t the easiest to move.

Apologies, you’re right, I mixed it up with the other thread, which I have yet to try: Lenovo ThinkSmart View ROM/OS Development - #363 by FelixKa

If you find out anything about Lineage 15.1 and its USB OTG capabilities though let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately deadman did say tap to wake doesn’t work so I doubt there’s anything we can do. You can set the volume buttons to wake the screen but if you can’t get to them…

If you are running Fully Kiosk, you could setup a button or external sensor to wake it.

Thanks. I’ll add that later :slight_smile:

This is the only outstanding Lineage issue for me.
Wallpanel and Spotify are running fine but I can’t get a minimal launcher or the Roon app to run in landscape.

1 Like
1 Like

Doesn’t show on my play store on the device if I search for “android system webview”

Thank you! I will try that and report back. That would certainly explain why it works on the FireHD8 and not the Lenovo. Cheers

Super weird. Shows for the 3 devices i have lineage on.

Keep getting a 422 error from discourse when trying to edit OP. Any mods can help?

A 422 status code indicates that the server was unable to process the request because it contains invalid data. To fix a 422 status code, you need to identify the specific data that caused the issue and correct it.

My guess, clear your cache, restart your browser @mattmon

I’m having what is likely just a user error. I had installed this a few months ago, and it had been working good enough, so I’ve just been sitting back waiting for the kinks to be worked out. Looks like this latest version is just what I need. I initially followed these instructions and was successfull.

Now following your instructions here - GitHub - pgale/lineage_15.1_Installation_TSV: Lenovo ThinkSmart View Lineage 15.1 installation guide

When I get to QFIL select port, there is nothing showing up. I hear windows load the device, I’m using the same cable I used before. Since I already have flashed this before, I suspect I need to reset something?

Also I noticed that there was a line " After installation, Windows should also be in Test Mode which can be seen in the lower left of the desktop."

I’m running windows 11 and I dont see that anywhere on my desktop. Maybe I’m missing something?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Did you click on the comm port button (whatever it’s labelled)? If the port number has changed, it won’t necessarily show directly in the QFIL app screen and you have to click to see it listed.

Windows Test Mode is used to bypass Microsoft driver signing. The com driver that’s installed isn’t signed I don’t think.

You can try the steps here:

Test mode

Still not showing up. I suspect the steps I did a few months ago with zdiag, replacing the driver, etc might be the cause. Maybe QFIL is looking for a different device? When I plug it in, it shows up fine in windows devices, and it shows in zdiag. Just not QFIL. I did read somethign about prefering USB 2.0. I will say I’m using a USB 3.0 USB-C USB-C cable, in windows it shows hub#2, port 0004 (or 0006 depending on which plug).

I had terrible problems in windows on a very latest high end system with all USB3.2/4 devices. Couldn’t get it to work at all. I had to use an old windows laptop to test my guide but my preferred way is to use Linux Debian on a Pi4. Rock solid.

I also tried another windows PC and it worked at first but a few days later, same issues and it wouldn’t work. Spent ages on it but no luck. Very frustrating.

So if you do have and old machine, it’s worth a go for sure.

On the windows install, I get all the way to ADB but it doesn’t see any devices. The thinksmart is at “now send the package”.

reboot the device holding down the buttons again and see straight away if you can see it - it times out quickly sometimes

1 Like

I get “failed to open driver control. Permission denied”

Then it says “now send the package”

ADB does not see the device if queried immediately after boot and after the adb get command.

Where does it show that first error - on the PC yes?