Issue Arming Alarm since most recent update with envisalink

I am also having this issue. Related threads:

In my case, I am using an Abode alarm system with HomeKit integration. I have never needed a code previously and not sure how to immediately fix.

Same here with 2024.6.1

I was able to arm without a code and now not anymore

Hope to see a solution or work around ASAP

1 Like

Same issue here with 2024.6.1. I rolled back to 2024.5.4 and tested it resumes to work.

1 Like

I ran into a similar issue with my HA install and the “Manual Alarm” control panel. I added:

code_arm_required: false

into my YAML configuration and that fixed things. I am guessing that the default for code_arm_required changed from false to true.

Cheers!

2 Likes

@iprowell, unfortunately, this is valid only if you create a manual, template or mqtt alarm.

if the alarm is generated directly from an integration or addon, you cannot manually add

1 Like

Solution is in this post:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/community-hass-io-add-on-paradox-alarm-interface/154838/330

2 Likes

That solution doesn’t work for the Envisalink Integration - You can’t access the UI for the Partition because the Envisalink integration has not been upodated to create uniqe IDs

Therefore unfortunately none of the known workarounds that do not require code edits are valid.

I created this bug in Core:

Envisalink integration NOT FIXED by 2024.6.1 Alarm Code disarm issue still remains. · Issue #119340 · home-assistant/core (github.com)

I also never used a code for my Aqara M2 Hubs and with the latest HA updated it stopped to work. I entered a dummy code 0000 into the device settings and now its works, at least a temporary solution. There should be an option to say: no code

1 Like

This option does not exist in Envisalink see note above. The setting is in the UI in a place that is not available in integrations that have not yet updated to support unique id’s…

Like envisalink…

Hi folks,

I just upgraded to 2024.6.2 and the issue is now fixed:

Thanks to @gjohansson on issue: Fix envisalink alarm by gjohansson-ST · Pull Request #119212 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

:pray:

1 Like

for me its not fixed. Still error “Arming requires a code but none was given for alarm_control_panel.cellar_alarm”

but I have disabled code in configuration. Why its even needed when arming?

1 Like

Show your config yaml (without your code obviously)

Mines is working perfectly fine on 2024.6.2 now.

add the following to your yaml file under the alarm section.
code_arm_required: false

2 Likes

It works! Thank you!

Where exactly do I add this line? I’m using a different alarm integration, so that’s probably the issue but I want to see if this works. If I add it in the script that calls the entity to arm the alarm, it errors with “Extra keys are not allowed…”
If I put it under configuration where my alarm integration is set up, it errors for a bad configuration.

code_arm_required: false in the envisalink configuration causes the module to not load due to bad configuration.

This doesn’t work for me. I feel like I have a project coming up to replace my alarm system, since this integration isn’t seeing any effort.

Quickly fixed with @iprowell’s explanation above eg; code_arm_required: false

Many thanks!

…aaaand how do you do that, since it breaks the configuration? No, nope nevermind, I yanked mine out and replaced it with a modern solution already. I just find it frustrating that there’s this sort of half information going around here that only seems to work for a select few.

I switched to the (AWESOME) new integration to resolve the code_arm_required issue with Envisalink. The migration was so seamless; didn’t need to redo any entities or automations. Highly recommended: