Issues with Zemismart Chain Roller Shades Driver M515EGBZTN

Hi,
I bought Zemismart Chain Roller Shades Driver M515EGBZTN from aliexpress:

I am trying to use it with ZHA. Device was able pair:

But that is all. I can see that it is paired, but there is no entities attached to it:

Device signature:

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(byte1=2, byte2=64, mac_capability_flags=128, manufacturer_code=4098, maximum_buffer_size=82, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=82, server_mask=11264, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=82, descriptor_capability_field=0)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0051",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0xef00"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x000a",
        "0x0019"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "_TZE200_xuzcvlku",
  "model": "TS0601",
  "class": "zigpy.device.Device"
}

I grabbed some logs from the pairing process, so I can upload them somewhere (look like I unable to attach txt file to this post :confused: ).

Is there a chance to fix the support for this device in zha?

im having the same issues canā€™t seem to do anything with them and even having difficulting with sniffing 466 with portichse on my sonoff rf bridge :frowning:

Thereā€™s a PR for a new quirk. Iā€™ve added it and it works great with my Zemismart

My Zemismart (M515EGBZTN) Chain Roller Shades Driver only arrived today and Iā€™m having the same problem. @Holdestmade, could you explain what a PR/Quirk is and how do I use it to get this device working? (Iā€™m a bit of a noob with ZHA).

They are basically device drivers. It is possible to upload new ones to your HA with Portainer, but new PRs get added with new versions of HA.

See here it explains it all:

So itā€™ll be possible that this will get incorporated into ZHA at some stage? Iā€™ve been looking at the links, and afraid itā€™s a little beyond my expertise level.

Yes the pr has been approved so hopefully in the next ha release.

Awesome news. Fingers crossed! :grinning:

How exactly did you even get it to pair? I canā€™t seem to even get it to be added even in a broken state.

I found holding the button while powering on, then once the light is slowly flashing, quickly press the button 3 times makes it pair.

Pairing for me is not the problem (ā€¦ thereā€™s a useful youtube on it ā€¦). Getting it to DO something is another matter. Iā€™m eagerly awaiting 2021.14 to see if itā€™s in there.

Updated to 2021.14 and the cover control appears. Sadly, it doesnā€™t work. :frowning:

Updated to 2021.14.1 and still not working. Any ideas? Is there something Iā€™m not doing? The zigbee device signature looks like this ā€¦ if that helps:

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(byte1=2, byte2=64, mac_capability_flags=128, manufacturer_code=4098, maximum_buffer_size=82, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=82, server_mask=11264, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=82, descriptor_capability_field=0, *allocate_address=True, *complex_descriptor_available=False, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=True, *is_full_function_device=False, *is_mains_powered=False, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=False, *is_router=False, *is_security_capable=False, *is_valid=True, *logical_type=<LogicalType.EndDevice: 2>, *user_descriptor_available=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0202",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0x0102",
        "0xef00"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x000a",
        "0x0019"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "_TZE200_xuzcvlku",
  "model": "TS0601",
  "class": "zhaquirks.tuya.ts0601.TuyaMoesCover0601"
}

This is how ZHA auto-detected it. I havenā€™t made any changes.

is there any zha events listed when pressing the buttons

Not sure. How do I check? Do you mean the buttons on the motor or in ZHA?

both, do the physical button do anything like turn the motor itself
to check in ZHA,
goto developer tools
then events

scroll down a you will see, listen to events
type zha_event
then click start listening
then press the buttons on the controller and see if anything is shown

this post here also mentions those blind controller now working in ZHA, Switch Zigbee TZE200 TS0601 paired but without entities - Configuration / Zigbee - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

it could be an issue with your device if not working

maybe removing the device from ZHA and then repairing?

As per the post above, the controls are appearing in zha. They are just not doing anything. I have still yet to check the zha_events as I am at work (at least for the next hour or so).

The signature looks slightly different to the quirk, if you post an issue in the quirks GitHub page, someone might be able to help

Looking at the PR, your model is added but shown as untested. The signature is slightly different to yours:

Iā€™d raise an issue here:

Iā€™m unable to see the code. Iā€™m getting a 403 forbidden.

I posted a question to the brainstrust here