KNX Cookbook

Thank you. I have no specific KNX messages.

Hi,
I am getting an error like KNX colud not setup properly… please check the below snapshot…

and the raspberry pi version is as follows…

Hi!
Instead of posting screenshots of parts of error messages, please copy and paste the traceback and your knx configuration here in a codeblock (put ``` in a line before and after the text).

1 Like

Hi,
the problem is resolved it is in knx configuration file we resolved it…
thanks for your reply…

Can you please elaborate? How did you configue it before?
It should not be possible to pass config validation then, so there is likely some minor bug in there.

In knx configuration file i have given the group address as 0/23/15…
but actually the group address is 0/3/15.
after observing the detailed code i have found that this middle group address is wrong.
note: The maximum middle group address in KNX is not more than 8.

1 Like

Maybe its a problem with always_callback? It’s active, so it should work.
The problem only occurs if the sensors see the same scene number again.

e.g.

at 2p.m. i send scene number 38 → everything works as expected.
at. 3p.m. the same scene number (38) is send again (and no other scene number has been send in the meanwhile → the scene number is not updated and there no event is triggered.

Last time I checked it worked fine. Maybe it’s your automation config?
If knx_event works fine, why not use it?

Knx_event behaves the same way.

“Maybe it’s your automation config?” What do you mean? I just added a lovelace entry that show that specific sensor.

Probably its just a very simple problem but at the moment i have no clue :frowning:

Maybe try to completely describe your problem / expected behavior / awaited events and also show your configurations etc. I’m more and more confused what you mean.

If your sensor shows scene 23 and receives the same scene again it will probably still show 23.
When there is no automation listening for its state I’m not sure there will be any event.

First of all - thanks for the documentation.
KNX setup works fine with Weinzierl.
But I did not find a solution to add a light to an existing room. The KNX components always appears in “lights” group only.

knx:
  tunneling:
    host: '192.168.123.2'
  light:
    - name: danielsbuero
      address: '0/3/7'
    - name: sebisbuero
      address: '0/3/8'

When I try to add the room information in frontend, I get the message “this entity has no unique ID”.

Hi Farmio,

thanks again. I’m listening with a node red “events.state”-node to this knx-scene-sensor.
I trigger a scene and everything works as expected. I trigger the same scene again (without any other scene in the meanwhile) and nothing is happening in node red because hassio does not write an update to this sensor, because the scene number is the same as before. But always_callback should, as far as i understand it, update the sensor so that the node red - node sees a change/upDATE and therefore triggers the event.

At the moment im using an automation which resets the sensor, it works but it should not be needed :slight_smile:

Did you UNcheck the box “Output only on state change”?

Good hint :smiley:

It was “Current state equals previous state” but that was exactly the reason. Sorry for all that confusion :slight_smile:

Areas were added in 2021.4 - you’ll need to update HA. (Maybe wait till Wednesday when 2021.5 is out. There were some problems that require migration of the unique_id that you would just skip then - but it is automated and should be fine).

PS. You can use uppercase, spaces etc in your “name” attributes.

@farmio thanks for the info. Yeah first I had speaking names, but changed it - hoping this could solve my problem :slight_smile:
Then I will wait for the update.

What’s the syntax to add the room/area? Or do I have to add this info in frontend?

It’s a frontend thing. You can then also change the friendly_name and entity_id. The configured name is used as default.

YAML does not accept friendly_name nor entity_id.

Invalid config for [knx]: [friendly_name] is an invalid option for [knx]. Check: knx->knx->light->0->friendly_name. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 25). 
Invalid config for [knx]: [entity_id] is an invalid option for [knx]. Check: knx->knx->light->0->entity_id. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 25).

these are all only configurable in the frontend since 2021.4

I have another problem/question, regarding covers.

It seems like I can only configure one at the same time, but I cannot find the mistake I made in configuration.

Specifically: only the last one is working. I tried another order, then the other one works fine.

For this configuration only “Sebis Büro” works. The “Schlafzimmer Jalousie” appears in frontend, but is disabled (grey - not reachable).

Do you have any idea what’s wrong here?

knx:
  tunneling:
    host: '192.168.123.2'
  light:
    - name: 'Daniels Büro Deckenlampe'
      address: '0/3/7'
    - name: 'Sebis Büro Deckenlampe'
      address: '0/3/8'
  cover: 
    - name: 'Daniels Büro Jalousie'
      move_short_address: '1/2/1'
      move_long_address: '1/3/1'
  cover: 
    - name: 'Gästezimmer Jalousie'
      move_short_address: '1/2/2'
      move_long_address: '1/3/2'
  cover: 
    - name: 'Schlafzimmer Jalousie'
      move_short_address: '1/0/3'
      move_long_address: '1/1/3'
  cover: 
    - name: 'Sebis Büro Jalousie'
      move_short_address: '1/2/0'
      move_long_address: '1/3/0'

In my entities the “Schlafzimmer” is listed as “Integration: Abdeckung”, the “Sebis Büro” is correcly listed as “Integration: KNX”. The others are not listed at all.