KNX RGBW Problem

I concur totally with @Blade001,

In my case, Kiteo developed their spots with XY in mind, so they only produce correct colours when addressed in this way. I run the same MDT buttons and DALI-KNX gateway as Blade001 does.

Many thanks in advance for all your support, @farmio !

I’ve implemented XYY-color support. You can track it here

If you can, please give it a try, I can not test this myself on any real hardware.

1 Like

Hi @farmio ,
that is great news. I am still away from home for now, but I will test as soon as I get back and set up a dev environment.

1 Like

Hi again, @farmio
Hi @Blade001

I just managed to set up a dev environment. And what shall I say, it’s all good news!
Please have a look at the parameters down here. Everything works fine.
And with this the colours between HA’s RGB selector and the colours produced by the downlight match!

#Dali Control DT8 - XY-Colour addressing - Kiteo K-Spot FLAT 12F - Büro
  - name: Office Desk
    address: '2/2/3'
    state_address: '2/2/63'
    xyy_address: '2/2/55'    
    xyy_state_address: '2/2/95'
    brightness_address: '2/2/23'
    brightness_state_address: '2/2/73' 

xy-colour

I can’t wait for that enhancement to be included in the next releases. It makes my smart home project so much easier and more efficient! Can’t thank you enough. Do you have an idea when this will be ready to commit?
Have a great night!

Thats great to hear!

Is the brightness slider working as expected?
Could you please also test this without the brightness parameters (so brightness will be transmitted in xyy_address)?

- name: Office Desk
    address: '2/2/3'
    state_address: '2/2/63'
    xyy_address: '2/2/55'    
    xyy_state_address: '2/2/95'
    # brightness_address: '2/2/23'
    # brightness_state_address: '2/2/73' 

Well, it is already committed. Waiting for review and to be merged. This normally takes a couple of days - can’t hurt if you leave a comment in the GitHub Pullrequest that you tested it successfully.
It is too late for 2021.6, so it will hit the release channel earliest in July (you can run beta a week earlier or dev branch if you like).

Update: already merged :smiley:. So 2021.7 it will be.

1 Like

Merged?! Wohoo! This keeps getting better and better.

And I can confirm, that the brightness slider operates as expected over the xyy_address. That is going to save me so many group addresses. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Farmio,

that sounds really great. I have thy to setup my dev environment as well but its stuck when i try to run the ha core out of vs code.

@ mojikosu do you had some similar issues? What device are you using for# dev?

I have no experience running HA out of VS code - whatever this means.
I just clone and run it ¯_(ツ)_/¯

So i was able to set it up. XY works for me as well. No issues. Also my problem with dimming are not happend.

Can you also implement HSVW ?

I just testet also the RGBW setting ( DPT 251.600). On my prod environment i have still the issue with dimming. On the Dev environment everything works well. Did you fix something for rgbw mode ?

Well, a lot changed regarding RGB(W) because HA changed the way colored lights are handled. I’ve integrated these changes, but to be honest till now I thought I did break more than I fixed :grimacing:
Good to hear that it works for you!
I’d recommend using XY instead of RGB because of the way RGB is handled in KNX: dimming reduces color depth, so if you set a color, dimm down low and then up again it is not guaranteed to have the same color again (there is no dedicated brightness channel).

We’ll see. There is no DPT for this in the knx specs and I’m not a big fan of adopting and maintaining proprietary functionalities reducing interoperability in the open standard.
But its an open source project, so everyone is welcome to contribute.

1 Like

Hi @Blade001 ,

I did it the quick way: installed GitHub desktop on mac, forked and cloned the repository and followed the instructions with the help of the homebrew package. See here: " Developing on macOS (Set up Development Environment | Home Assistant Developer Docs)

@farmio ok no problem. I can work with the good working RGBW Mode now.

When will it released?

Rgbw changes are already released with 2021.6. Xy is not (2021.7)
Im not entirely sure if rgbw currently really works fine. There’s a draft PR but I honestly don’t know which version works better and can’t try myself.

Well, HS-color has arrived in a PR.

Any testing would be appreciated.

Note: If you have the choice I’d prefer XYY-color over RGB or HS in my main environment.

I’m on it. I hope to deliver test results by late tonight (CET).

1 Like

@farmio
Great work!! :slight_smile:
HS Colour and Saturation work.
For my specific lights, there is a pink shift in the white setting, but that is due to the lights’ factory provided DALI driver that is calibrated in XYY.
Otherwise, I can now control hue and saturation via the MDT Glastaster II as well as through HA using the same group addresses.
Will be using XYY colour and do the translation to Hue/Sat via NodeRED for the MDT Glastaster.

name: Office Spots
  address: '3/1/1'
  state_address: '3/2/1'
  brightness_address: '3/4/1'
  brightness_state_address: '3/5/1'
  hue_address: '3/6/91'
  hue_state_address: '3/7/91'
  saturation_address: '3/6/131'
  saturation_state_address: '3/7/131'

out

Cool! Thank you for testing!

1 Like

@mojikosu

Mmmm I’m trying to setup my Dali Gateway controlled EVG with HSVW (my EVG doesn’t support XYY) but I don’t get which group address belongs to which option from the light setup in HA. I got a RGBW strip.

Here are the GAs I got:

And here is the setup I did use in HA:

- name: "Bad LED Leiste Badewanne"
  address: "2/0/20"
  state_address: "2/2/40"
  brightness_address: "2/5/8"
  brightness_state_address: "2/5/6"
  hue_address: "2/5/2"
  hue_state_address: "2/5/0"
  saturation_address: "2/5/5"
  saturation_state_address: "2/5/3"

Is this correct?

Hi densiha,

one question first, what DALI gateway you are using? Are you able to switch the color mode from HSVW to RGBW?

Then your setup could look like my:

- name: "LED WHZ Voute Innen"
      # switched light
      address: "3/1/7"
      state_address: "3/1/8"
      brightness_address: "3/2/10"
      brightness_state_address: "3/2/11"
      rgbw_address: "3/3/13"
      rgbw_state_address: "3/3/14"

if not you can try to use color_address instead of hue_address:

- name: "Bad LED Leiste Badewanne"
  address: "2/0/20"
  state_address: "2/2/40"
  brightness_address: "2/5/8"
  brightness_state_address: "2/5/6"
  color_address: "2/5/2"
  color_state_address: "2/5/0"
  saturation_address: "2/5/5"
  saturation_state_address: "2/5/3"

look which data type your group id 2/5/1 have and compare it with the datatype here https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/knx/#light